10/1 Issue: Mischief in Madripoor

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

10/1 Issue: Mischief in Madripoor

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for a week or so after [Issue]Rebirth.

<Viper> Viper was bored. This was never a good thing but, now that she was effectively out of a job, it was so much worse. There wasn't even anyone she could shoot to break up the day. Or.... maybe there was.... She glanced at Bennet then reached to activate one of her screens and run some programs. Something to do....

<Bennet> Bennet, for his part, was reading Candide in the original French. He was blissfully unaware that his current partner was considering shooting him out of boredom.

<Viper> Oh look! People she wouldn't mind shooting at all. People who deserved it even. Excellent. She pushed her screen away and got up, moving to collect some supplies.

<Bennet> He noted her movement, looking up to watch and admire, then went back to his book. Yes, it was a bound book. Bennet was nothing but stuck in his ways.

<Viper> Everything in place and her face hidden and altered by the nano mask, Viper picked up a jacket. "I'm going to kill some people. Back later...." she headed for the door.

<Bennet> "... What was that?" He dropped the book into his lap and studied her, and her disguise. "Whom are you planning to kill?"

<Viper> "No one important." Keys. Check. "Do you want me to pick anything up on the way home?"

<Bennet> "If it's no one important, why are you bothering to kill him. Or her. Or them." His head tilted and he sat the book aside.

<Viper> "Because I'm bored and they're doing something I don't agree with." Really it was a win-win. She raised an eyebrow, "Is this going to be a problem?"

<Bennet> He raised both of his, very nearly to his hairline at her tone. "No. Merely... curiosity."

<Viper> "Alright then." She dropped her keys into her jacket pocket, "If you want to come with me, you're welcome to... but don't think you can change my mind."

<Bennet> "Why would I want to?" He stood and took a moment to stretch, then marked his place in his book and set it aside.

<Viper> "Everyone else I know would try to talk me out of it... I'm not going to pretend I know why they would."

<Bennet> "Well, morality, or some such nonsense." He waved his hand. "I'm not interested in talking you out of it. I've read this book six times."

<Viper> "Then we can test out our new faces together and have some fun at the same time," she replied with a smirk. "Perhaps get you something else to read later..."

<Bennet> "Wonderful." He started to follow her, then paused and shifted his appearance. "How's my hair?"

<Viper> She cocked her head on one side while she tried to work out if he was serious. "It's fine," she settled on. She still wasn't sure whether or not he was joking.

<Bennet> He was not, since there was no mirror at hand and he had been experimenting with dashing streaks of gray at his temples. "Just fine?" How disappointing. Bennet shrugged.

<Viper> Oh he was serious? She frowned, filing that away for later. "It doesn't matter. Anyone that sees it today will be dead before tomorrow."

<Bennet> "Mmm, point taken." He shrugged again and smirked at her expression.

<Viper> "Would you like more details? Or a weapon perhaps?" Of course, he had active powers so he probably didn't need props.

<Bennet> "Eh. I'm ready." He smiled a toothy grin and ran a hand through his tolerably dashing hair.

<Viper> She inclined her head for him to follow her and started for the garage and car. "I like you. You don't ask unnecessary annoying questions."

<Bennet> "What do I care who lives or dies? It isn't me." He fell into step behind her and tilted his head in appreciation.

<Viper> She laughed at the reply, "I don't know... you seemed to care whether I lived or died a few weeks ago when we met."

<Bennet> "True enough, but I sensed... opportunity." He hummed to himself and removed the silver from his hair.

<Viper> She glanced over her shoulder at him, eyebrow raised. Opportunity for what?

<Bennet> Bennet smirked, leaning toward her as they walked and raising a brow in return.

<Viper> "Are you sure that's really why you came? You've yet to ask anything of me." Into the elevator, she turned to watch him for his reaction to the question.

<Bennet> "Why I came... now, here? Or before?" He leaned against the elevator wall and slid his hands into his pockets.

<Viper> "Before... now, I assume, you're curious to see what I found to be angry at... and then to see how I work." She slid her own hands into her jacket pockets, closing her fingers loosely around her keys on one side and her forcefield generator on the other.

<Bennet> "You doubt me." He tilted his head, watching her. "Why? And why now?"

<Viper> She shook her head, "It's not doubt..." She frowned, trying to explain without explaining, "I'd just like to know where I stand."

<Bennet> "As I've said, I have no master but myself and no itinerary. You're interesting, and a far more attractive option than Nathaniel Essex, alive or dead."

<Viper> "Interesting enough that you don't worry about reading a book you've read six times before," she started for her car when the elevator doors opened, "I'm not used to people enjoying my company without some sort of reciprocity."

<Bennet> "What can I say, I love to watch you work." He strolled around to the passenger side of the car.

<Viper> She wasn't going to deny that she was amazing but she was still confused. Only one person she'd ever met wanted to be around her just to be around her and she didn't trust anyone else. "Have it your way..." she unlocked the car and slid into the driver's side. Shooting people was going to be very therapeutic.

<Bennet> "Thank you for indulging me," he laughed and climbed into the car.

<Viper> She wondered if he was testing her. Did other people do that? Maybe. Probably. Sebastian did... but he was obvious about it. Seatbelt on just for convenience sake, she drove out of the garage and headed for the warehouse district.

<Bennet> Bennet was not being obvious about anything except checking his reflection in the mirror on the visor, experimenting with various hair styles and colors. He also adjusted the blue of his eyes, just so.

<Viper> Viper watched him from the corner of her eye, amused at his fussing with his appearance. "We'll be there soon so you may want to settle on something."

<Bennet> "But there are so many options, yes?" He turned his head to grin at her. "More or less gray?"

<Viper> She glanced over at him, "How much do you think matches your face?"

<Bennet> "Well, considering I could change the age of my face as well..." He knew she was much older than she appeared, but he gauged her physical age and made his own comparable. "Hmm?"

<Viper> "It's your face," she pointed out, "I don't see why you should want to please anyone but yourself. As you said, you have no master but yourself."

<Bennet> "Maybe I would like for it to be pleasing to others too?" He arched a brow.

<Viper> "Who?" She asked, not at all worried what his reaction would be to the question. She needed more data if he wanted her help.

<Bennet> "Present company included, but of course you are not the only woman in Madripoor." He tilted his head. "Or man, should the mood strike."

<Viper> She raised an eyebrow, "I would aim for an age range that would please the preferred range of your target audience."

<Bennet> "Well, yes, and what would that be? For you? Hypothetically speaking." Bennet smirked.

<Viper> "There's nothing wrong with how you normally look," she told him for the second time.

<Bennet> "Duly noted." He checked the mirror and added a few years back to his age, deciding he quite liked a little bit of silver.

<Viper> Viper's own hair was blonde for the time being but she'd kept her green eyes. She wasn't sure she liked the blonde but it would do for now. She pulled into an alley and shut off the engine. "Last chance for more information," she informed Bennet as she programmed a couple of small devices.

<Bennet> "Do I need to do anything?" He flipped the visor back up and watched her work on her electronics.

<Viper> "Not get shot in the head?" She suggested off-handedly.

<Bennet> "Noted." He wasn't concerned, and waved a hand to show it.

<Viper> "I don't want to have to get the car reupholstered... such a bother..." finished with her programming, she unhooked the seatbelt and opened the door.

<Bennet> He laughed, although he was well aware she wasn't joking, and got out of the car.

<Viper> "Tell me... have you heard of a drug called 'kick'?" Viper glanced at him on the way to a side door into a nearby warehouse.

<Bennet> "I have, yes. Essex was interested in it, of course." He checked the area, put his personal shielding in place, and took his place at her side. "I believe one or two of my unauthorized progeny were test subjects."

<Viper> "And how do you feel about such a drug being manufactured and sold to addicted mutants?" Their security was terrible - clearly they were some sort of big fish that wasn't used to being targeted. Sucked to be them.

<Bennet> "I have no qualms about their deaths, if that's the question at hand." He readied his teke for a possible attack.

<Viper> "I'm just curious how you feel about mutants being exploited for profit," the lock burned through in seconds and she shook her head in disappointment. These people. She was doing them a favour. "They manufacture that drug here."

<Bennet> "I suppose I technically exploited myself, but that is a different matter." He looked up at the doorway. "These are humans?"

<Viper> "Of course they are. They can't have mutants skimming product off the top now, can they?"

<Bennet> "Well then." He gave her a predatory grin. "Murder away."

<Viper> She smirked in response, inclining her head in acknowledgment of his agreement. This was going to be fun! She hadn't had this kind of fun in ages.

<Bennet> Bennet quite liked that smirk and encased himself in an invisible shield, lest he bleed on her upholstery.

<Viper> Aww look at them all working away without a care in the world. Viper took aim at the one overseeing the lab. The shot and the body hitting the floor got the attention of the rest of the occupants. "Good Afternoon. This lab is now closed. Unfortunately there is no retirement plan." Some of them were running for weapons while others looked a few moments from pissing their pants. She put those few out of their misery.

<Bennet> He'd expected to at least provide the illusion of backup by hovering menacingly behind her, but she was doing quite well on her own. Bennet was enjoying the show.

<Viper> Oh hey! They'd woken up and were shooting at her now. They were terrible shots. Did no one train their lackeys? Rather than shoot them, Viper aimed explosive rounds at stockpiles of product because it was more fun to destroy things first.

<Bennet> A guard thought he could flank them. Silly human. Bennet turned his head slowly to meet the man's eyes. The guard stopped, without benefit of teke, when Bennet smiled and dropped his assumed image. He snapped the man's neck and watched him drop.

<Viper> Oh look, a camera. She decided to leave a message for whoever might come to see what happened. "Madripoor is under new management! Tell your friends!" Bye bye camera. Bye bye idiot that tried to sneak up on her. Oh whoops that was an explosive round. Oh well.

<Bennet> Under new management? That was ambitious. He glanced at her, then took care of another guard with hopes of escape.

<Viper> Force fields were great for keeping your clothes clean and your new face not shot. After many more explosions and gun shots, the signs of life in the lab ceased.... mostly - there was some groaning. "Well... that was a nice distraction, wouldn't you say?"

<Bennet> "Most definitely." He stepped over a corpse and went to investigate the remains of the operation.

<Viper> Viper prodded one of the bodies with her foot. It had been groaning but now it had stopped. She turned her attention to Bennet, "I'm going to make sure all of their product is destroyed before we leave."

<Bennet> "I'll have a look around and take care of the survivors." He sensed a few dying minds in the room and had no problems assisting their passage to hell.

<Viper> "Don't be too merciful," she replied, setting charges at strategic locations and checking their computer system for anything remotely useful once the occupant of the chair was on the floor.

<Bennet> He smiled to himself at her commentary, locating those minds and snuffing out their light as he kicked over containers to inspect their contents.

<Viper> She made copies of some files then destroyed all their data minus the security feed with her message. "Are you ready to leave?"

<Bennet> "Certainly. Ready when you are." He flourished a bow at her and moved to the door, holding it open for her.

<Viper> "My, such a gentleman," she teased with a laugh as she stepped through the doorway.

<Bennet> "Of course." He closed the door behind them, suspecting it would shortly be blown into the alley.

<Viper> "If you change your mind any time about all of this," she gestured vaguely between her and the soon to be very on fire building, "I won't be offended."

<Bennet> "I'm quite comfortable," he said, giving her a grin as he started back to the car.

<Viper> "For now," she reminded him, "Things can change."

<Bennet> "Oh, things always change," he agreed. "But for now, I'm quite comfortable."

<Viper> "Tell me if you're not," she glanced at him as they turned on to the street and the building exploded in a fireball behind them. "I can't promise it'll make a difference... but I'd like to know."

<Bennet> Bennet flipped the mirror back down and angled it to see her handiwork. He laughed. "Duly noted."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 10/1 Issue: Mischief in Madripoor

Post by Esynthia »

Why is everyone always such a shit shot? AIM BETTER, NPCS!