11/3 Issue: The Whole Chicken

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

11/3 Issue: The Whole Chicken

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: A few days after Norman/Stephanie intro

Monet: Monet slid her identification back into her wallet and drummed her nails on the marble counter while she waited for the teller to count out the bills. She glanced up at the ornate clock and watched the seconds tick by. It would be easier if she could donate to the less fortunate with a credit card. Alas, none of them had the capability to even take PayPal, much less a Square.

Monet: She gave the teller a tight smile and slipped the cash into her purse, heels clacking on the floor on her way out. Instead of bothering to look either way, or go to the corner, she crossed the street right at the doors of the bank. Monet smirked as she heard squealing brakes. Even if it did hurt her ears, it was amusing. Not even bothering to look up, Monet soothed the driver with a mental caress and kept walking.

Pietro: The sound of screeching brakes summoned Pietro who appeared out of nowhere on the curb, coming to a stop when he realised who it was and that she needed no help whatsoever. Instead he gave her a grin, "Well, what a coincidence."

Monet: Monet pushed her sunglasses up on top of her head and grinned at the blur of wind that formed into Pietro in front of her. "Bonjour, amant." She offered up her cheek for a kiss. "Did you think I was a damsel in distress?"

Pietro: "You? Never. But it might have been one." He leaned to press a kiss to her cheek and wrapped an arm around her waist for a moment.

Monet: "What a wonderful hero you are. Why didn't you join the men in tights?" She enjoyed the touch of his arm but took a tiny step back to be able to look into his eyes. "Your two playground friends are a part of it, after all."

Pietro: He laughed, "I thought about it but... I have kids and a real job..." he gave a shrug, "We'll see if I get bored.... but actually I was looking at expanding. I'm here looking at offices..."

Monet: "Oui? Have you found anything promising? I do know people. I could play puppet master if you so desire." Monet brought her hand up to mimic puppeteering a marionette.

Pietro: "Haven't found anywhere I like yet. I'm still looking around... I don't want the building to be too intimidating..." it was a fine line between making the patient feel like he knew what he was doing or terrifying them before they set foot in the door.

Monet: "Mmm. So you don't want somewhere too close to the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. If they're an out of town patient, they may not know what to do with themselves at the opulence most of the buildings here have. Have you tried Queens? Or maybe somewhere upstate?"

Pietro: "I'm looking at Queens next... At least I don't have to worry about transport links. Part of our service for less fortunate patience is a car from the airport." He offered her a smile, "I'll figure it out, I'm not in a hurry. I was thinking I'll get a few buildings on the Eastern Seaboard and see how it goes."

Monet: "That's wonderful that your business is doing that well, Pietro." She slid her hand into his for a friendly squeeze. "I am quite pleased to be able to say 'I nearly killed you when'."
Pietro: He returned the squeeze of his hand, "We've come a long way since then."

Monet: “Mas oui. From enemies, to faux lovers, to real lovers, to nothing more than acquaintances when Jason got jealous, to almost lovers again before you found your true love. And now here we are. Successful doctor for mutantkind and Black Queen of the organization that has the balls of the world in its fist." Monet turned to walk down the sidewalk, towards her earlier destination. "Care to join me?"

Pietro: "Sure, I'm not doing anything," he offered her his arm, "The club's doing well... I have to confess I've somewhat slacked off on my duties there for a while but I'm in a place where I can be more involved again."

Monet: She gladly accepted the arm. "We might even find a building for you along the way, hmm?" Monet glanced up at him, curious, "You're expanding your business. How are you going to have more time for the club exactly?"

Pietro: "Well, I don't know if you noticed, but I can be in other places very quickly any time I want," he gave her a small grin.

Monet: "Oui, you can. But you would have been at the club before if you truly wanted to." She arched an eyebrow and turned the corner. "Would you care to tell me what bush you're beating around?"

Pietro: "Home life has been.... kind of complicated until recently..." he pulled a face, "It's been a struggle working out a new routine and getting the twins used to things and not randomly leaving whenever they want... Illyana and I aren't together anymore."

Monet: That stopped her in her tracks and she pulled him to face her. "Pietro Maximoff. Do you mean to tell me that you and your snow bunny have called it quits? It wasn't an accident that you have found yourself in my area of the northeast, was it?"

Pietro: "I already told you I was looking for offices..." he was the picture of innocence.

Monet: "Mmm. That may be true, indeed, but looking for them here? Come now, amant." Monet looked around pointedly. "If you wanted to not intimidate your patients, then you are in the wrong area and I do believe you're smart enough to realize that."

Pietro: He laughed, "Okay I made some inquiries and decided to wander around and see if I could find you... you made that much easier by upsetting some drivers."

Monet: "Now the real reason I've been graced with your presence comes to light." She smirked up at him, slid her arm back through his, and continued walking. "If you missed me that much, you could have simply picked up the phone. Not that I don't adore seeing your chiseled face."

Pietro: "I needed a change of scenery and I couldn't think of any better scenery," he gave her a quick grin, "Things have been... difficult for a while."

Monet: "I'm honored to still be on the list of what you find beautiful scenery." Monet laughed, "But then, if I ever left the list, I would worry for your sanity." She brought her free hand up to stroke his bicep, eyes still focused ahead of them. "Do you need a break from difficult, mon cher? I could arrange a trip to the back rooms for you."

Pietro: He sighed, "I probably need a vacation but I don't know what I'd do with myself. Visiting friends is the best break I think... at least I know I won't get bored."

Monet: “You could go on vacation with friends. There are no rules that say that isn't allowed. In fact, some places encourage it." Monet licked her lips and was silent for a few moments. "How long has it been?"

Pietro: "Yes but all my friends have jobs and or children and scheduling gets complicated," Adulting was a headache. Her question confused him and he looked at her, "Hmm? How long has what been?"

Monet: "Since the divorce," she said simply, looking up at him with a passive face. "Glad to know that I'm not in your list of friends, though. It is much appreciated."

Pietro: "Friend doesn't seem to do you justice, Monet. It's way too pedestrian." He gave her a sincere smile, "You're the first person I've talked to about any of this, if that's any indication.... and we're over six months since the papers were signed. Like I said... it's been hard..."

Monet: "Is that so? I cannot fault your logic, that's true." She smirked, enjoying the fact that he held her higher than a friend in status. "Oh, oui? To be frank, cher, I would have assumed it had been longer. One typically does not seek out their former paramours so soon. Unless, of course, the marriage has been long since dead."

Pietro: "We were drifting apart for a while before we decided to call it quits... we were really young when we got married... we're not the same people we were then." He shrugged a shoulder, "As for seeking you out, it was really just to ask if you'd like to get lunch or something.... catch up a bit... I need to talk to adults that don't live in my house."

Monet: "I would very much enjoy that, oui. There is a cafe two blocks down or we could simply go to the club. As you are the one who asked me, I will leave the choice in your hands."

Pietro: "Which would you prefer? I think the cafe sounds nice but I haven't been to the club for ages either."

Monet: "Either way, we'll be in the back rooms by dark, oui?" She gave him a sly smirk. "I can give you a 'vacation' of sorts."

Pietro: He chuckled softly then stopped them to look at her, "You know that's not the reason I decided to track you down, right?"

Monet: "Are you implying that you don't want to have sex with me?" She arched an eyebrow at him in question.

Pietro: "I'm saying that I didn't want to assume..."

Monet: Monet crossed her arms under her chest and gave him a direct look. "And if I were to tell you that I have been very stressed and no one has hit the right spot lately, so to speak, would you assume then?"

Pietro: "Well, then I'd hope I could take such a well applied hint."

Monet: "Bien." She lifted both of her eyebrows and tilted her head ever so slightly. "Then shall we catch up first or work up an appetite?"

Pietro: "I always have an appetite so I suppose I can wait a little longer there..."

Monet: "Pietro, you have been missed." Monet grinned and decided that she wanted to see if anything had changed before they made it any further. She pulled him to the side of a building and put his back to the wall, hovering so that she could kiss him.

Pietro: He raised an eyebrow at the statement, "Have I?" He wrapped his arms around her to pull her close against him and kissed her.

Monet: One of her hands tangled in his hair while the other pressed against his chest. Monet enjoyed the kiss more than she cared to tell him, so she broke it before she let on, giving him a smirk. "Indeed. And I see that you have not lost your talents thus far. The rest remains to be seen, however."

Pietro: "To the club then? We can always go to the cafe another time..."

Monet: "We could... Although, we could also go to the cafe. Just to tease you a little while longer," she smirked. "Are you in the mood to be my plaything or make me yours?"

Pietro: "I think you'd prefer the former.... so let's go to the cafe." He leaned to give her another soft kiss before letting her go.

Monet: The soft kiss startled her and she floated back to the ground slowly. "Are you aware of who you just had in your arms?" Not that she minded sleeping with someone who loved someone else, but she did not want him to be disappointed in what she had to offer at the moment.

Pietro: "Of course," he smiled, "You're the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club and you like to play with your food."

Monet: That actually made her laugh and she reached up to pat his cheek gently. "Too true, mon cher. But you were not disappointed that I was not your ex-wife just now, oui?"

Pietro: He shook his head, "I know who I'm with and I don't want to be somewhere else or with anyone else."

Monet: "Well, I must say, that is a pleasant surprise. Much different than Sebastian who barely spares a glance for me anymore." Monet gave him a slight smile and slipped her arm back into his, her other hand coming around to hold his hand. "Lunch is on me since I'm making you wait for dessert."

Pietro: He laughed, giving her hand a squeeze, "Okay but I'm getting the next one."

Monet: "Only if you make me wait for dessert," she teased.

Pietro: "Seems only fair... as long as it doesn't bite me in the ass later."

Monet: "That seems unsanitary. And also something that would require a safe word."

Pietro: That made him laugh again, "Okay so we'll scratch any ass biting off the list."

Monet: "If that's what you've become accustomed to, I will need to bring in someone else to accommodate you."

Pietro: "Only the metaphorical kind," he assured her.

Monet: "Now that really won't do, mon cher." Monet gave his hand a squeeze and stopped at the outdoor hostess stand at the cafe. "I'm the only one allowed to do that to you. Or was that not in your prenuptial agreement?"

Pietro: "Oh I don't believe in those," he waved a hand dismissively, "I hate paperwork... But I am annoyingly good at it."

Monet: Monet's eyebrows went up and she turned to stare at him in disbelief. "You're joking. I thought you were intelligent."

Pietro: "The way I see it... if you don't trust each other what's the point in getting married in the first place? But actually, Illyana insisted we get one..."

Monet: "That's a wonderfully idealistic view. And completely idiotic." She followed the hostess to the table, letting Pietro follow her. "It has nothing to do with trust. Prenuptial agreements are for more than just the couple, you realize?"

Pietro: "I know... I know what they're for... With anyone else I might have felt differently..." he shrugged a shoulder then moved to pull Monet's chair out for her. "Guess we'll never know."

Monet: She accepted the gesture and sat, putting her clutch on the table. "Are you alright, amant? Is there anything I can do to ease your burdens?"

Pietro: He shook his head, pushing her seat in under her before going to sit himself, "I'm fine... It's just... it feels different now because someone else knows."

Monet: Monet gave a nod of understanding. "Oui. If you like, I can pretend that you told me and wipe it from your memory as well."

Pietro: "No.... I had to tell someone eventually. And I know I can trust you to be discreet until I feel like everyone else can know."

Monet: "Discreet? Oui. Especially once you've signed our new waiver to be allowed in the rooms with me at the club."

Pietro: He raised an eyebrow, "A waiver, huh? I really have been away too long."

Monet: Monet didn't hold her straight face for long, grinning at him. "Too, too long, dearest. I cannot wait to show you what I've changed. For instance, I have machines that will do the work for me if I ever get too tired."

Pietro: He laughed, "Oh is that so? Now I'm intrigued."

Monet: "Oh, oui! They are quite ingenious. They use the whole chicken with simply the press of a button." The waiter brought over the wine list and she gestured to the one she liked the best.

Pietro: "The whole chicken?" The poor waiter had no idea what they had walked into and it showed on their face.

Monet: "Even the wattle," she confirmed. "Although, if I felt so inclined, I could simply use the comb to tickle you."

Pietro: And the waiter ran away having managed to pour their drinks. Pietro couldn't help but laugh, "I think we broke our server."

Monet: Monet laughed with him, quite pleased at what they had done. "That is a favorite pastime of mine, if you remember."

Pietro: "I remember. Break as many NPCs as possible with zero consequences." He nodded, "I missed watching you do that."

Monet: That made her look at him for a moment, slightly taken aback, but pleasantly so. "I think the only person who I would have expected to hear that from is dead. Are you sure you're not ill?"

Pietro: He shook his head, laughing a little, "A lot can happen in five years."

Monet: "Indeed. You could have cancer and this is how you've decided to tell me."

Pietro: His eyebrows went up, "This would be a terrible way to tell you something like that."

Monet: "I am inclined to agree with you, but a lot can happen in five years." She smirked and arched an eyebrow.

Pietro: "Touché..." he replied with an amused smirk of his own, "What I mean is I've done a lot of growing up that I didn't know I needed to do and it's hard work being nice all the time."

Monet: Monet slumped in her chair dramatically. "Finally! Someone understands! It's exhausting, isn't it?"

Pietro: "Yes! So now I leave passive aggressive post-its on people I rescue. It's therapeutic."

Monet: She laughed and corrected her posture, leaning towards him a little bit. "That's an amazing idea. Though, that would require me to rescue people and I'm quite busy torturing them."

Pietro: "It's a shame you're too awesome to be rescued or you'd have got to see one for yourself today," he gave her a grin, "They never know who left them. Half the fun is the confused expression."

Monet: "Now what makes you think I would enjoy a passive aggressive note stuck to my body?" Her eyebrow arched a little higher than usual. "Unless you planned to put it under my clothes. Although, I'm fairly fast myself."

Pietro: "Oh you wouldn't... like all the business people glued to their cellphones. But I'd never do that to you. I like my unmelted brain, thankyouverymuch.”

Monet: Monet smirked and reached across the small table to give his cheek a pat. "I prefer it "unmelted" most of the time, myself."

Pietro: "That's because you don't find my super speed enhanced super smarts really annoying."

Monet: "Non, of course not, cher. But I can keep up with you, so perhaps that also plays a key factor. Both in speed and intelligence."

Pietro: He shrugged a shoulder, "Maybe. Sometimes I wonder if I should feel bad that I get to the answer first because of a genetic advantage."

Monet: "Ha!" Monet leaned back in her chair and her eyes danced with enjoyment as she thought about what he had just said. "Why would you feel bad? You should use every advantage that you have at your disposal! Even the 'white male' advantage."

Pietro: "I don't know. Sometimes it feels like cheating. I don't know why...." he frowned.

Monet: "It is absolutely not cheating. You did not scheme and trick your way into your powers. They were given to you in your DNA. You are a marvel of nature, not something to be ashamed of."

Pietro: "I know that... but with the work I do, its hard to ignore that a lot of mutations come with huge downsides... I didn't really get one... I mean, I have to eat a lot but so what? I like food."

Monet: "Et moi? Do I have a downside, amant?" A smirk played on her lips and she looked up at him from under her jet black lashes.

Pietro: "I don't know. Only you can answer that question... and some are only small things while others are complicated and cause all kinds of problems with day to day living."

Monet: Monet blinked at him. "Cher... Are you really that focused on your work now that you miss a chance to compliment a woman when she asks for one?"

Pietro: He paused, then frowned, "Yes. Apparently I am. Sorry about that... force of habit..."

Monet: Monet sighed dramatically and waved her hand in the air. "De rien. Although if it happens again, I will feel insulted. I feel that is a fair enough warning, oui?" She looked up as the waiter hurriedly brought the bottle of wine and two glasses. He filled them then scurried away. "He's afraid we'll use a chicken gizzard on him in his sleep. How that would be possible, only he knows."

Pietro: "I could probably think of something," Pietro admitted with a small grin, "And I'll try to stay out of work mode... they don't tend to encourage flirting with clients."

Monet: "Then I would say it's a wonderful thing I'm not a client, oui?" She lifted her glass to her nose and gave it a small sniff, then a tiny sip. "Mmm. Bien.”

Pietro: "Absolutely," he nodded, "That'd make stalking you all kinds of awkward."

Monet: "So you're openly admitting it now? Lovely! How long have you been hiding in my garden waiting to be beneath my bush?"

Pietro: Her turn of phrase made him laugh, "Maybe I'll tell you later."

Monet: "Or maybe you'll be beneath it later with no words coming to mind except my name." She smirked at him, very much enjoying this. "But for now, drink the wine before the boy thinks he has to come back because something is wrong."

Pietro: He grinned and picked up his glass, "But then I don't get to tell him my gizzard idea."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 11/3 Issue: The Whole Chicken

Post by Slarti »

Break as many NPCs as possible with zero consequences.
Isn't that our whole premise?
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 11/3 Issue: The Whole Chicken

Post by Esynthia »

Slarti wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:38 am
Break as many NPCs as possible with zero consequences.
Isn't that our whole premise?
No, our whole premise is break as man PCs as possible...
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone