X2 Nightcrawler costume

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

X2 Nightcrawler costume

Post by Saint Kurt »

Some days I have no time, but Thursday is a day with big holes in the schedule...

I have trophies and ribbons from competing with Nightcrawler. I took best in category or best in show any time I entered. That was enough for me, because after doing this for five years and never winning anything it was nice to get recognition. Sweeping the best in show at a large regional competition (Archon) while competing against friends who were ranked as master and regularly won at international competitions like WorldCon was probably the highlight.

Given that you're a Rebel Legion/501st member Angelique, depending on when you started with the club you may know me. I was one of the founders along with Mookie, TT, and DarthGoat. Zamweasel or even "jedillore" should jog your memory depending on how far back it goes.

And it's fun to read old threads:
I have like 5 rosaries now and I'm jewish!
From when I collected rosaries in secret and before I became Catholic. (Despite having practiced Roman Catholic rituals for years as a Jew. I didn't want to replace one with the other, but then the Monseigneur who baptised & confirmed me pointed out, "Jesus did it, why not you?" So I could be both!) I actually had about 20 rosaries plus an additional 5 constructed and/or purchased for the costume. I own about 40 rosaries now. I actually used one of the Nightcrawler rosaries to pray on for about a year because I decided I really liked the big beads.

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X2 Nightcrawler costume

Post by Angelique »

^ Actually, I do remember kicking around C3 with Mookie and a bunch of other orange flight suits. And your name has rung some bells (not just because of the obvious SW reference.) Wedge's Little Sister! I thought I'd seen something of you before! Small world, nicht wahr? ;) I'm on the Rebel Legion board as Lt. Rinn Kerr.
And in an ironic twist, I almost did the exact reverse as you! Raised Catholic, left the Church, studied to convert to Judaism. I went back to the Church, so I've got rosaries, but I still have a mezzuza by my door.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

X2 Nightcrawler costume

Post by Saint Kurt »

Cool - though this threatens to veer the thread wildly off topic. :)

I'm actually not a convert from Judaism. I'm still a practicing Jew, but I felt like modern Judaism had become too pragmatic and austere. Roman Catholicism seems to have preserved the sense of mystery that I'd always missed in my orthdox Jewish upbringing. This is getting kind of theological here, but for many years I'd felt that some of pieces that Judaism had abandoned over the centuries were present in Roman Catholic ritual - almost like Catholicism was "chapter 2" of Judaism. While I came up with this on my own, it turns out I'm not alone. People with a much more scholarly theological background have come up with the same thing, finding the core precepts of the Jewish belief system embedded in Catholicism and vice versa. It makes perfect sense really since the first Christians were Jews.

My Rabbi thought I was a little nuts, but he probably thought that before. Plus, I like my mezzuza and my menorah too. Though it bums me out that no one at my church gets my "communion wafers taste like unlevened matzoh" joke.

I'm done being off topic in this thread now. Further discussion should be private or in the Off-topic forum. :P

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X2 Nightcrawler costume

Post by Angelique »

Back on topic. I showed my husband your costume site, and he was quite impressed. (And this guy is not easily impressed, I might add.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X2 Nightcrawler costume

Post by rad_666 »

I think applaud is worthy for the costume! I might try making one myself...*gets caught in sewing thread.*
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil