New X-Men animated series in the works...

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Just a heads up, guys...so far only one character has been confirmed (I’ll let you guess who and he’s also going to be the focus :rolleyes) but if all goes well we might get to see a properly characterised adult Nighty :D

Check here for more information...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Oh, Lord, I would love that, though with my luck it wouldn't be aired in my area. Always seems to happen; I never saw one episode of Evo. Ah, well...
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Evo's pretty cool...and Evo Nighty's not bad...he's full of fun and mischief and there’s no praying in sight (the creators said they deliberately stayed away from that)…he’s a bit of a wuss though, I lost count of how many times he got beaten or knocked out...but then he is only 16. He does have Jedi-like reflexes though…he catches Toad’s tongue in the final episode of Season One…

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

You can get Evo on DVD nowadays. Good stuff. :bamf
Bamf, suckas!
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

New X-men Animated series

Post by Shadowscrawl »

This was in my mailbox yesterday:
[quote]

Marvel entertainment's TV series to be coproduced by First Serve Toonz

Global entertainment and licensing company Marvel Entertainment, Inc. has announced that it has entered into an agreement with First Serve Toonz (FST) to produce a brand new animated television series based on Marvel’s world famous X-MEN character franchise.

The series shall revolve primarily around the popular Wolverine character. The announcement was jointly made by Avi Arad, Chairman and CEO of Marvel Studios, and Ed Borgerding, CEO of First Serve Toonz, a recently formed company with Toonz Animation India and Vijay Amritarj's First Serve Entertainment.

Under terms of the agreement, FST, which operates its animation studios in India, will begin pre-production immediately on 26 Half Hour episodes in a 2D-3D combination of characters and background. The initial episodes are expected to be ready for worldwide distribution by summer 2007.

FST will produce the Series while both Marvel Studios and FST will oversee the creative direction. International TV and DVD distribution will be managed by FST whereas Marvel retains distribution rights for the United States The agreement was negotiated by Bruno Maglione, president of Marvel International.

Avi Arad stated: “X-Men is one of Marvel’s crown jewels, and it makes sense to focus on the popular Wolverine character for our second animation project. First Serve Toonz, one of the leading animation houses in the Indian animation market, was a natural choice for our first animation partnership in this creative and talent rich market. Maglione added: “This is another step in Marvel’s strategy to team with leading animation production houses around the world in order to add a powerful TV animation plank to the coordinated multi-media promotion platform for our character franchises.”

Amritraj said he was eager to get Marvel to consider India as a strategic animation production base for its classic Marvel Super Heros. “I am delighted to be working with Avi, Bruno and everyone at Marvel and look forward to a great association.”

“It is a great pleasure to be working with Marvel and its outstanding creative and management team. Clearly, the opportunity to make a show based on such already world-famous characters as Wolverine and the X-Men is a unique privilege and an
exciting prospect both artistically and business-wise” said Ed Borgerding, CEO of First Serve Toonz.

“We are excited about our production deal with Marvel - a cutting edge global leader in children’s entertainment. Kids everywhere love the rough-edged and rebellious Wolverine character, and the X-Men franchise brings a range of themes and characters that appeal to a global audience. This will be a groundbreaking deal for the Indian entertainment industry,” said P. Jayakumar, CEO of Toonz Animation Pvt. Ltd.
- Anand Gurnani
[/quote]
That Wolverine, such a good, good role model...
Let's just hope that it doesn't look as bad as the Fantastic Four cartoon.
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

... sigh. It seems that yet again, the kids' industry is succumbing to the popular greed for money. Maybe I'm just pessimistic after having read The Other Parent. In any case, it's obvious of the truth of these assertions, and it seems like they're just using Wolverine as a money-maker, just like Marvel is...

I don't understand why he's a money-maker, too. Wolverine as a role model? Who could be a better role model than Kurt? And why is Wolverine a money maker in the first place? One would think people would eventually get tired of hack-and-slash violence, but they never do...

Sigh.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

There was something someone posted at another message board in regards to this new series that I thought made a lot of sense…if Marvel keep focusing everything on Wolverine then none of their other characters will ever become profitable for them because the general, non-comic-buying public will never know they exist…

Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

This somehow makes me want to rip all my Marvel comic books apart, set them on fire and burn to ashes along with them. Wolverine, Wolverine... *puke*
I think it's interesting that they hired an Indian animation studio. The only cartoon I saw so far that I was aware of that it was Indian was a slightly weird (but good weird) Indian/Japanese Coproduction telling a shortened version of the epic Ramayana. When I was in India two years ago the cartoons on Cartoon Network India that were advertised as truly Indian didn't look that good (actually pretty crappy).
I'm pretty excited to see how this new series turns out in the end. And of course I can't wait to buy all that amazing, cool merchandise. I hope there's a Wolverine voodoo doll. :evil
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

And here we go...

Post by Darkholme »

And here's a shot of the team from the new Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon...

LOVE the roster...

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Hate it :P

Not that my problems with our dear overexposed canuckle haven't changed, but it would be easier with more characters around :shifty

No Cyke, Jean, Iceman or Angel, that's a bit much. And Xavier can walk, so no wheelies :(

On the good side: Kurt's there, Beast is ape-ish, and Kitty seems to have gained size on the right places :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Dont like the "drawing" style.
Could be different and definetly better.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I'll totally be watching it. Hopefully they'll intro other characters too!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Actually, according to this Cyke and Angel will be in it: http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=25474
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by Slarti
Actually, according to this Cyke and Angel will be in it: http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=25474
YAY! :D But I guess they won't be more than supporting characters eg, won't be on all of the missions :( (Not to mention that most probably anyone besides Wolvie will just be a supporting character :P)

[Edited on 21/4/07 by Freak]
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

No Northstar? :(

But I will be happy to see Angel and Kurt. :)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

ew, look at senor claws, he looks just....ew. I really don't like the way it's been drawn. The knees are tiny....way too tiny, which goes to a waist that only supermodels would envy. And then tapers up to Superman shoulders. And even for a mutant with a healing factor, that Paris Hilton slouch he does will only hurt his spinal cord in the long run.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

You know, I think he's pushing out his non-existant crotch *shifty*
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

More like he's pulling it out, look where his had is going.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I don't get why this hasn't aired yet or why I haven't seen anything for it. The Spectacular Spider-man Series starts up soon but they canned Kids WB! so i don't get where it's supposed to be on now? And where are they going to pus this? Cartoon Network? It won't last a day, I hate to say it. The stupid Anime's have taken over.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by german_gremlin »

It's because the tested it in Europe first and they are bringing it here in the states.

:dance oh yeah
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Originally posted by steynedvelvetAnd even for a mutant with a healing factor, that Paris Hilton slouch he does will only hurt his spinal cord in the long run.
OMG. Teaching kids to not stand tall and proud subliminally...yeesh.

BUT! It looks good, and I'm glad there's going to be a wider cast eventually. :) I can't wait.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Man, why does Professor X look like he got beat with the ugly stick?
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

New trailer for the animated series - it looks like it could definitely fit in a post-Evolution era.

http://www.cyber-animation.com/wolverine/wolverine.htm

No sign of Nightcrawler, but quite a few unexpected mutants turn up.
Modern_Druid57
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Wee Willy Winky

Post by Modern_Druid57 »

BRING BACK BANSHEE!!!
I am the Guardian of The Eye of the Moon

[img]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 777788[img]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WOW....that's....different to say the least.

It can go either way, so different it rocks or so different it sucks. We'll have to wait and see.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS