Forget the Critics: X3 was a smash hit

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

Here is a review from one of those actual websites for X3, and this review website is simply hi-larious! I particularly like that "unholy shapeshifting" and "Unholy ressurection" go under offenses to God.

The one for X2 has got to be one of my favorites ever, in which they take a moment to praise Singer for putting Nightcrawler in the movie, followed by a sort of indignant justification found after they found out that Alan was gay (I don't think it even donned on them that Singer's gay, ohnoes!) Also, teleportation, repeatedly, is an offense to God.

Interestingly, in X3 "demonic appearance" is considered a no-no, but in X2 it's considered a-ok! I guess Phoenix is evil-er.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

Originally posted by Slarti
In fact, X3 was such a smash that our good friends at Landover Baptist Church decided to have a go at it! They even penned this catchy little number for their X-Men comic book burning:

When Jesus takes His last stand
On their butts, all X-Men land
Wolverine, that hairy queen,
Will squeal his last high-pitched scream
As Jesus turns Storm's cartoon bust
Into a giant pile of Holy Eraser dust!

Jesus is the X-Factor
He is the eternal life reactor
There are no X-Men
Never will I read a comic book again
In Jesus' name A-men.
Now there's a real load of morons. These are the type of people who want to stifle imagination and fantasy, and have no tolerance for diversity of any kind. To hell with them.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

You're in the same boat as me, Dave, and we both stand corrected. It was a parody. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

My favorite part of the first article:
FOLLOWUP: I just got back from setting through the 21-second segment after the credits. While it suggests an X4 as does the ending of the main body of the film it contains nothing of assault on morality or ethics.
Not only did they go back to watch the movie again but he had no problem with the rewriting a coma patients brain with the consciousness of another person. (Umm, wasn't that the subject of Xavier's ethics class?)

But, of course there was the far more pressing issue of implied female nudity. And there isn't anything on this earth more evil than that.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Of course not! :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.