this coffee tastes astounding!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I'm in GISHWHES (greatest international scavenger hunt the world has ever seen). It's fun. I'm currently making a seagull out of tampons and maxi pads. A thing I would have never experienced without randomacts in my life. Woo!

It's hard to top that, but I've been on an herbal medication for four weeks. For the last week and a bit I've actually had an increase in energy and a slight decrease in pain. But the energy? Good timing. I'm ecstatic.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Got to try on new turnouts, and it looks like my days of wearing borrowed (and way too big) boots and bunker gear may be numbered. Like hopefully ending on Friday.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I found out I won a Missouri Press Association award for best feature article... six months ago. Nobody thought to tell me before now! Gee, I feel loved. ><
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Congrats, Slarti! A little suck there but still, awesome ^^

My win? It's related to the suck I just posted. While my connection may suck merry sweaty asscracks-worth of balls, mom's agreed to use the money she owes me from Way Back When to buy us actual, real, WiFi broadband. Real internets! That won't cut down at 4pm and randomly kick me every five minutes! And which will actually have a LANDLINE wtf.

WOOOO.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

MY NIECE IS A WALKER, BABBLING TO ALMOST FORM WORDS, AND HAS TWO TEETH!
(when I write "walker" I mean cruiser...she can walk along while holding onto the furniture...unbelievable...)

HURRAH!!

[Edited on 30/11/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Though on the bright side to the ass, we made well over a thousand pounds at the bazar, mom and I were working on the cake store and we sold out, mom sold all but two of her homemade jams and preserves and despite the bad news it was a really fun day.

And my cousin Peter and his fiancée Cassy are gonna be parents in the new year :) They're expecting a little girl.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

I've finally found something that actually really helps the fatigue from the fibro - not takes it all away but not just a slight leg up either. I still couldn't hold down your average 9-5 desk job but I can manage to ferry the kids around, do a bit of shopping and clean the house up a bit all in one day without vomiting or being unable to move the next day. Hurrah!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Yay, Paws!

All I can say that comes even close is that nobody in my fire district died last week. Yayyy! (Line of duty injuries, though, are a subject for the other thread....)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

I finally have decent bloody Internet!! No more random disconnects, no lag and no fuzzy pictures! No getting cut off after four either. Ridiculously happy ^^
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Kind of a mixed astounding, but I'll focus on the positive. A firefighter from my district who was recently injured in the line of duty was not only home from the hospital, but in good enough shape to hang out for a bit and endure my onslaught of well-wishes and pumpkin bread.

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

This is pretty astonding coffee right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDZcGz4vmJc

"After lots of time away last year (214 days) -- planned for 7 week deployment exercise with other nations

Diverted to Libya and further operations

Back 9 Dec after 7½ months away - 225 days with 176 at sea

400 people onboard (at peak during the amphibious exercises just under 900 onboard but approx 650 during Op Ellamy)
Steamed just over 40,000 miles
Burned approx 6,000 tonnes of fuel
Operated 16 different type of aircraft off the deck

Realities of deploying:

15 babies born while the ship has been away (fathers did get home to see mum and baby)
5 people were sent home so they didn't miss their own weddings.
1 sailor whose son's third birthday is on homecoming. Family meeting ship

Ships company have missed:

Summer holidays.
Children's exam results
Children finishing school and starting university
The Padre missed his daughter's graduation.

The ship's company made a Christmas DVD when they heard they would be home for Christmas."
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Not only did I get I get a decent job this week, but I had an unfair grade on a quiz bumped up to an 80% (as referenced on pg 92 of Coffee is ass)
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Uncle's still alive, though not doing very well. Going to visit him tomorrow.

[Edited on 12/12/2011 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Go Bob!

And Tears, that's a plus. I talked to you earlier, so hopefully everything goes over well with what you spoke of. Once they get that blood pressure down, things should start going looking upwards. Trust me, experience.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Ad Chick's missing brother and niece turned up today. Not my awesome, but I felt so terrible for her and her family that it sort of is.

Short back story is that her brother is mentally handicapped (clinically retarded; mental age of a 12-year-old) and for years has been abused by his wife, as in, she has tried to kill him. He has two kids, though they may not be his (the wife has eight other kids, all by different guys, and all have been taken away), and the youngest is six years old, not potty trained, not in school, still drinks from a bottle and earlier this year was almost removed from the home because she had body lice so bad she had open sores. For years, Ad Chick's family has tried to work with the county government where they live to get the kids removed from the home and the brother out of the situation. I've been hearing these horror stories for years and tried to give advice on who to contact. Well, recently the family talked the brother into leaving, moving in with his parents in another county that actually has competent services. The day they went to pick him and the kids up, they get a call from the wife saying something had happened and he wasn't leaving. The parents called bullshit and went anyway, but when they got there, the brother and the youngest girl were missing.

They've been missing for two weeks. The police were involved in the search, Ad Chick had hired an attorney in preparation to sue the county, and they expected him to turn up dead. They'd contacted state representatives, our senators, all the way to the governor's office. Every day she, her sisters and her parents have been calling his cell phone. I put her in touch with the press in that city to try to expand the search and get some attention onto this horrible problem and the county's incompetence.

Just about a half hour ago, she called his cell phone and he answered it. Apparently he had run away, and taken the kid. It's still a terrible situation, but at least now she knows they're alive and where they are and they can try to move ahead from there.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Holy crap.

What is it with the lice? That's the second time I've heard of people removed for *lice* and now I just cannot help but itch all over again, but very good they're both found.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

I know right?!!? She told me about the lice when we went out to lunch last spring and I was just ....uar4ghaljovoajv48vsnvugh, y'know?

Apparently child services wouldn't take the kid because they got rid of the lice within a week. Well yay for them, but what about the other issues? Apparently, the kid has no bed - never has, not even a crib. She sleeps on the sofa (probably where she got the lice). Ad Chick's parents dragged her off to the children's hospital in KC to get her tested for biological developmental problems like the brother... and apparently, she's normal. She's just so neglected that she's developmentally delayed. How does that not warrant removal from the home??
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Holy crap! Elliot & Stabler would be pleased! That's great that they're safe (for the most part/for now), now let's hope they can do more for the kids.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Went to visit uncle today in the hospital. He's apparently doing much, much better.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

MY NIECE CLARA IS WALKING!!

Just... not in this picture...

AT ONLY 9-10 months!

It's sort of a sexist fact, but most times girls are talking before they're walking! This is awesome! She's already getting a pink basketball hoop from Santa for Christmas!! :D :D

[Edited on 14/12/11 by Ult_Sm86]
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncle's kidneys aren't taking things very well since the heart attack, but other than that he's still improving. I guess he went from 70% oxygen to 40% yesterday, and he'd just gone down to 70 on Tuesday.

From what his wife says, all the doctors and nurses are calling him the miracle of the hospital.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Considering we got no calls this week (so far), some of us put in a lot of extra work at the fire station anyway, catching up on equipment inventories, cleaning, and reorganizing. The commissioners bought us lunch today as a reward.

I also got a little practice driving one of the big pump trucks. (Though the rescue truck remains my favorite, I'd been wanting to at least get comfortable driving the big monsters just in case.)

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Kids may be trying at times, but they are also an unintentional comedy act. My daughter just yelled at my son "Quit teabagging me!".

I managed not to laugh because I didn't want to explain that one.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Astounding in the true sense of the word is that we're sitting at IHOP and a drug deal is going on three booths behind us. :?
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

IHOP: pancakes, syrup and heroin. You know, just another Sunday afternoon.