I am supposed to put WHAT in my mouth?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I was actually alerted to this by CNN. Newsworthy item of the day, there's a new ice cream flavour, Schweddy Balls. Now, to be honest, there's that side of me that loves dark humour and also loves things that pay homage to stuff, so I did laugh. It was great on the news clip where it had this nice grandmotherly sort screw up her face at the name, but she still liked the flavour.

I grant, the name ain't for everyone, but I still thought it was worth a laugh.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

:freak :andreas They're fighting!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Huh. I never thought of that one as being weird, just because I'd heard it enough that it registered as 'normal'.

YAY! I didn't find something crass for once. Sometimes I worry that I'm a crappy influence when my daughter starts snickering away at something with a double innuendo that passes her more innocent friends by.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Schweddy's Balls is based on a clasic mid 90s sketch for the holidays on SNL featuring the irresistibly funny Alec Baldwin as Pete Shweddy. He is sampling his famous balls on a holiday edition of a treats show on a fictional NPR station which is hosted by the costar of 30 Rock, Tina Fey and the slightly less funny other female comedian whose name escapes me as well.

The whole joke being of course that they're on the radio talking about how delectable and sweet Shweddy's balls are. It implies a lot when he groans and says thank you LOL. THEY DID A RECENT EDITION TO IT LAST CHRISTMAS! They had Betty White discussing her lovely muffin tops.

;)
[Edited on 25/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]

[Edited on 25/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:THEY DID A RECENT EDITION TO IT LAST CHRISTMAS! They had Betty White discussing her lovely muffin tops.
I MUST find a recording of this. xD
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Yup yup, which is why I put that I liked the homage of it. I can't say that I'd pay homage to any other instance of Schweddy Balls. :yuck

I forget that not everyone here was born before 1980 and therefore may not get that part. LOL