Trying to win a $500 award to my charity of choice

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Trying to win a $500 award to my charity of choice

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ok, I know I've been really bad at posting. I've been lightly lurking but fairly busy with other things. Part of what I've been busy with is a group called Random Acts which is as in 'random acts of kindness'. Other than the scavenger hunt which I mentioned we also did AMOK - which stands for annual melee of kindness. We could then enter them. Mine got chosen along with 9 others to be nominated for a SAARA award which basically gives us $500 for our charity of choice. Likely you will guess that this will be the spca, so no shockers there. The top voted act will get the award.

So if any of you are willing to take a minute to vote for me, I'd be grateful for that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

http://www.therandomact.org/wordpress/saara-smiles/ - I am act #6 (again not a shocker) as it was: Care packages/animal toys/SPCA staff gifts - http://www.therandomact.org/wordpress/saara6/

Thanks!

Paws
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: Trying to win a $500 award to my charity of choice

Post by Starfish »

Totally forgot to reply to this - just wanted to tell you that I voted for you! :)
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Totally forgot to reply to THAT but I won! :D So thank you Star (and whomever else voted). Evidently there were over 2200 of them. Wow!

The money went towards a dog that had a badly broken femur and had it amputated. Without funds like that and other people donating towards it he would have had to be put to sleep. So it's nice that Trooper can see another day.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Go Paws!!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Woohoo! That's awesome news, Paws! Keep up the great work, hun. And go, Trooper! :bounce