The Great Summer Crack-Fic Crossover Challenge! CLOSED

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hello, and welcome to the Great Summer Crack-Fic Crossover Challenge! :wave

Crack fic*: Named after the drug to imply that it can only be the product of a deranged mind, crack fic is identified by its absurd, surprising, or ridiculous premise. The plotline might be twisted into a knot, the fic might be a thick parody, or the fic might feature an unlikely or rare pairing ("crack pairing").

Crossover*: Another fan fiction subgenre is the crossover story, in which either characters from one story exist in (or are transported to) another pre-existing story's world, or more commonly, characters from two or more stories interact.

The Challenge: (should you choose to accept it…)
In the proud and unabashedly geekish tradition of Michael Jan Friedman’s 1998 Pocket Books paperback crossover classic Star Trek The Next Generation/X-Men: Planet X, (and in an attempt to liven things up a bit around here) your mission this summer is to create a fun and, preferably, action-packed short story featuring your favorite X-Men character(s) teamed up with another character(s) from any book/TV/film series you want! It doesn’t have to be action packed. It doesn’t even have to be fun. It can be dark, disturbing, angst-ridden or off the charts loopy. But, the more unexpected the team and the more outlandish the mission, the better! :D

The object of this game is sheer creativity with no fears, no limits. So go, have Doctor Who abduct Dale Gribble and join with Storm, Nightcrawler, and Detective Olivia Benson in a labyrinthine game of survival against a zombified Captain Jack Sparrow, three angry Nazgûl, and a Gorn in a Wookie costume while sampling potentially hallucinogenic hors d'oeuvres at the Sneetches’ third annual Moon-Cheese-and-Spam-travaganza!

Or don’t. The weirdness level is totally up to you.

So come on, get involved, tell your friends and family to be more afraid than usual. The Crack Fic Crossover Challenge has been unleashed.

The DEADLINE for entries is the tock of midnight in whatever time zone you happen to be breathing in when the date shifts from August 5th to August 6th, 2011. After that, a poll will be held and all writers and readers will have a chance to vote for their favorite story. If inspiration strikes, multiple entries by the same author will be happily accepted.

Best of luck to all, and I hope you enjoy this summer’s challenge! :D

*definitions excerpted from the ever-trustworthy Wikipedia :rolleyes

:bamf

[Edited on 23/7/2011 by Rowena]

[Edited on 3/8/2011 by Rowena]

[Edited on 4/8/2011 by Rowena]

[Edited on 4/8/2011 by Rowena]

[Edited on 5/8/2011 by Rowena]

[Edited on 6/8/2011 by Rowena]
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

*inserts 'Challenge Accepted' trollface pic*

I need to do this. XD It looks like so much fun! Inspiration, I has it. Thanks, Rowena!

Edit - Steyn: 'added the trollface. :shifty'

[Edited on 27/6/2011 by steyn]
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Yay! You're welcome! And thanks for accepting the challenge! The trollface pic is awesome. :D :dance

:poke Anyone else care to give it a go?

It's Independence Day in the USA! Happy Birthday America! :bday

[Edited on 4/7/2011 by Rowena]
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

The deadline for this challenge is fast approaching. I can extend it maybe a week or two if there's anyone who wants me to, but not really much more than that because I'm going to be flying back to Scotland in September, where I'll be swamped with work, research, and more work, and more research. ...not that I'm not swamped now... :P

Anyway, if anyone's interested in entering a story, you've still got plenty of time to write something. Please, give it a shot, and let's have some fun with this! :)

[Edited on 24/7/2011 by Rowena]
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I haven't even had time to do the inaugural Camp NaNo -- but I really want to read the fics.

C'mon, people, do it for MEEEEEEEEE! If you lack suggestions, see my unveiled hints in the What If recent post.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Well, unless someone requests an extension, there's about four days left until the deadline. But, that's still enough time to write up an entry! Anyone plan to give this challenge a stab? :engarde
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Two Days and Counting!
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

I'm trying here. You can't say I'm not trying.

One day left, folks! If no one requests an extension or enters a story by midnight, August 5, this challenge'll be closing down unentered. But I'm not giving up yet. There's still time left! Anyone care to give it a go? :hang
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Last day, everyone! Anyone want to play?
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I was thinking of writing something last week, but I've been too busy so I'm not entering anything this time.....but you've gone above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks! :clap
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Thanks. :)

Oh well, time's up. We've got a flat, deflated old challenge here. Thanks for your interest, though, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for next summer, 'cause it's back to Scotland for me next month! :)

Tapadh leibh. Mar sin leibh an dràsda!

[Edited on 6/8/2011 by Rowena]
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot