Summer 2014: Raven

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Summer 2014: Raven

Post by puppygirl »

Raven had made herself very, very comfortable in Jason's office, twirling a set of car keys on her index finger with her booted feet up on the table. She was not long back from sorting out her buisness back home and now, well, one final favour had to be repaid.

Jason muttered to himself, shuffling papers into their appropriate folder and wondered if it was too early after everything to consider hiring a new assistant. Reed had worked up some very interesting things for him, though, and Jason was very relunctant to let some bubbly blonde who answers to Tiffy handle any of it.

He looked up, surprised to see that his office was occupied (though, thankfully, Raven had never answered to Tiffy to his knowledge). "Well, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Raven smiled and lifted her feet of the table and stood up, "Jason, good to see you haven't contracted malaria or some other colourful conditon from your island paradise ... is that a tan I see before me?"

"We do live in strange times," she gave the keys a final twirl and closed her fist around them, "I was just wanting to check up on your, my duck, and fill you in on anything you may have missed on your sabbatical."

"No, no this is a burn I'm illusioning to look as if I resemble a healthy person." He muttered, canceling the illusion for a moment. "So the world isn't ending yet, this is merely a farce." Jason's eyes rolled as he brought it up. "And sabbatical my ass. Teleporters are nice and all but the timezone changes are kicking my ass."

"Two 'asses' in the same sentence, it must be telling, you're normally more creative than that," she clucked her tounge in sympathy, "well, I think I have someting that might make you feel a little better, if you'd care to follow me to the parking lot?"

"There are cameras out there and I have to say that I don't think I'm in any condition for hookers just yet."

"Psssh! This is far better than hookers," Raven sighed, "Well in that case I'll just have to give you these, you baby," she tossed the keys over, "I always keep my promises, even if they are made in the heat of the murderous moment."

"...you're shitting me." Jason was surprised, needless to say. "You seriously got it?"

"Of course, I figured you deserved a treat, and I like to reward my ..." allies ... no, a bit more, "friends, esspecially now that I'm able too, I turned twenty-one see."

"Ooooh." Jason laughed, looking over the keys in his hands appreciatively. "Does that mean I'm invited to your pool of money party? I hope I am. It'll give me some place to drive."

"Well, no pool, but you're welcome to come by my apartment any time, I have to say it is such a relief to be out of those blasted dorms," she stretched slightly, "so, buisness done, onto pleasure. Do you think there are any gaps in the X-Men gossip you've recieved from Reed?"

"Reed is, unfortunately, not the best source of gossip." Jason admitted, frowning. "He's one of our most useful people, that's for certain but...when it comes to social things we shoudln't count on him."

She let out a small laugh and half sat on Jason's desk, "Well, Kent's national secret is out and Nova did an excellent job on Adam, the little grass can't remember a bloody thing about who we are."

"I ... suggested to Tiggy and Sparky that they lay low for a while, thought that hasn't stopped them from thier random, psychotic attacks but they're not signing them anymore, and I've asked all of them to keep an eye on the freshmen comming in this year, I'm sure there'll be a few we can win to our cause with the correct prompting."

"Oh yes, you never know...though we're going to have to be careful all the same, keep things quiet and make sure we're not being baited."

She nodded, "I'm pretty sure that Rose is smart enough to stop Tiggy from making any ... dangerous comments, she's got a good head on her shoulders when she's not incinerating everything."

"So...shall we have a joy ride?" Jason shook his keys, grinning.

"I think that covers the business aspect of things, anyway."

"I think we should, it only seems right," she hopped off the desk, "but what about those cameras you were so worried about earlier, dear?"

"Well, I don't think anyone is going to mistake you for a hooker."

Ronnie looked at herself then back up at Jason with a raised brow, "Well, no, I'm not wearing the costume Reed made me for one."

"But I like the tiny skulls." Jason singsonged happily. "It'd make for a niche market, that's for certain."

"I did think of an upside, if I ever meet any small children I can tell them that they're the skulls of smurfs," Ronnie winked as she lead the way out of the office.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"