Summer 2015: Angel

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Summer 2015: Angel

Post by Slarti »

Paige's Return

Rachel: Rachel was sprawled across a chair, legs over an arm with her head hanging off the side over the other arm, as she stared at the television. Out of the corner of her eye she could see her drink, but... she'd have to sit up to actually drink it.

Sue: Sue was sat on the sofa, legs crossed and a bowl of popcorn sitting in her lap. STAAAAR WAAAAAAARS.....

Paige: After dropping her things off in her new room, Paige went exploring. She knew to check the rec room first off as it usually had at least one person lurking in it. She was surprised to see not one, but two. And one was a familiar face. "RACHIE!" She pounced on Rachel for a hug.

Rachel: "Gah!" she flailed as she was attacked. And now she was missing lightsaber battles!

Sue: Sue eeped and put up a forcefield around herself as she turned invisible.

Paige: Paige laughed at her and backed up to flop onto the couch next to the other blonde. "Hi! I'm Paige... Miss Guthrie... whatever... hey where'd she go?"

Rachel: Rachel took a deep breath to recover from being squashed and looked over to the couch, blinking, "She didn't move?"

Paige: "She was just here... and now gone... It's super cool magic!!!!"

Sue: "I'm still here...." she turned visible again but kept the forcefield up.

Rachel: She let her head fall back in order to stare at the screen once more, watching for a few moments before asking, "When'd you get here, Paige?"

Paige: "Liiiiike 5 minutes ago maybe?" Paige laughed and looked at the screen. "What is it? The effects are terrible."

Rachel: Rachel just stared at her.

Sue: Sue also stared. "Blasphemy!"

Rachel: "Obviously, you need this marathon more than we do."

Paige: "There's a marathon of it?" Paige reached for popcorn, then paused. "Can I have some popcorn pleeeeeease?"

Sue: "Only if you promise not to hug me?" Sue replied, cautiously lowering her field.

Paige: "Why would I hug you? Do you need a hug? I can give you one if you want!"

Rachel: "I think the point was she didn't want you to squeeze the air from her lungs."

Paige: "Pssssh! As if!" Paige went for popcorn.

Sue: "I like hugs but you're a complete stranger...."

Paige: Paige laughed again. "I at least have to know your name first."

Sue: "Susan Storm... but you can just call me Sue...."

Rachel: "Uh oh, now she's going to hug you..."

Paige: "Not now... she's expecting it." Paige grinned.

Sue: Sue put a forcefield up again. Just in case.

Rachel: "Ninja hug?"

Paige: "Exactly!" Paige beamed at Rachel. "You catch on!"

Sue: "I think I might have to go back to wandering around the school invisible...."

Paige: "But then you'll never make friends... and you'll be sad and lonely and have to go live in an emo hut in the woods. You don't want to do that!"

Rachel: Rachel couldn't help it. She laughed.

Sue: Sue raised an eyebrow and looked over at Rachel then back at Paige. "Emo hut?"

Paige: "Where we send sad, pathetic people who whine a lot... like Rachie! Who is not so emo anymore!" Paige reached over to pat Rachel's head.

Sue: "... I'm not sad and pathetic..." though the look she was giving them said otherwise.

Rachel: "Hey!"

Paige: Paige giggled at them gleefully.

Rachel: Rachel reached up to fix her hair, smoothing it back down as she muttered, "Thankfully, I am not anymore."

Paige: "Exactly. So the moral to the story is... um... I need candy." Paige got up to run to the kitchen.

Sue: Sue blinked after her, "... What just happened?"

Rachel: "Just let the moment go," Rachel advised.

Paige: Paige was quick to return with a bag of gummy bears. She skated into the room then hopped onto the couch. "What did I miss?!"

Sue: "... Nothing?" Sue was glad for her field. She was safe behind it. Safe from the crazy.

Rachel: "Only the best part ever."

Paige: "So. Sue. Where are you from? LOVE the accent!" Paige munched on a gummy bear's head. "Awwww I always miss the good parts."

Sue: "Um... I'm from England?" there was absolutely no point giving an American the name of the town.

Rachel: "Sarcasm, Paige."

Paige: "You don't know how to speak another way do you?" Paige eyed her old friend. "I've always wanted to go to England."

Sue: "It's full of chip shops. I miss it."

Rachel: "Oh, I've been there," Rachel grinned and shook her head, "And, no. Not really."

Paige: "Well aren't you going back for summer? Most people do that... or used to."

Sue: She nodded, "Yeah... we're leaving soon..."

Paige: "Ohhhh so exciting!!! Wait, we?"

Sue: She nodded, "Yeah I have a brother here too... but we're bringing people home with us...."

Paige: "Awwww that's so sweet of you guys! What are your summer plans, Rachie?"

Rachel: "Um... I don't know yet. I've been hanging out here since... everything, but I'll have to go back to our apartment at some point." Which she was secretly dreading.

Sue: Sue went back to watching the movie and shoveling popcorn.

Paige: "Do you want me to go with you?" Paige offered, eating another gummy bear head.

Rachel: "I'll have Josh, but if you want to..." Rachel shrugged. Maybe it would be better if she had others with her... Maybe.

Paige: "Always ready to help." Paige assured her with a big smile.

Sue: Sue looked between them again, "Are you a student?"

Paige: "I'm your new teacher!"

Rachel: "I'm sorry," Rachel apologized to Sue.

Sue: ".... You know you're really late for classes, right?"

Paige: Paige giggled. "Really early you mean."

Angelina: Angel was in the kitchen and had snagged an apple for a snack. Hearing voices, she poked her head around the doorway into the rec room.

Rachel: Rachel spotted her and grinned, "Angel, please say you're here to save us."

Paige: "Angel?" Paige glanced up, then jumped up to give Angel a hug. "Angel!!!!"

Angelina: "Perche? From what?" Angel looked at the television, but saw no sharks. Then she "-Paige!" Angel was engulfed.

Sue: Ha. Forcefields were ace. She didn't have to fear that.

Rachel: "From that."

Angelina: "Paige.... dio mio! When did you get here?!" Angel returned the hug after a moment of stunned silence.

Paige: "Pffft, like you need saving from meeeee! How have you been!? I got here like.... 10 minutes ago now I think? Yeah!"

Lorna: Lorna was just lugging her bags to put into Millie as she heard a familiar voice calling while glomping onto Angel, by the sounds of it. She had to see this. The bags were abandoned at the entryway and she was soon peeking into the recroom, smirking.

Angelina: "Wow, that's... exact." Angel laughed, disentangling. "Some people aren't quite as enthusiastic about the hugs, you know," she giggled.

Paige: "LORNA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Paige abandoned Angel to pounce her bestest good friend ever.

Angelina: Angel took her opportunity and slid past Paige into the rec room, taking a seat by Rachel. She bit into her apple. "Good to be back, si?"

Lorna: "I really hope all the super-hearing students are all ready out, heya Paige." Lorna laughed, returning the rather pouncey hug.

Rachel: "Totally," Rachel nodded with a grin.

Sue: Sue vanished from sight again.

Angelina: Angel flicked her wings and watched. "She... has not changed a hair. It's uncanny."

Paige: Paige lingered just a bit, then backed up, grinning. "Where's Bobby?! He doesn't get to be immune."

Sue: And she was glad she was invisible as she cringed for that question.

Angelina: "Oooo," Angel winced, keeping her voice down and taking another bite of apple. She busied herself with the strap on her sandal.

Rachel: She bit down on her lip at the questioning about Bobby and actually sat up to reach for her drink.

Sue: It struck Sue while she was trying to look everywhere but at Lorna, that she was in a room full of women... And she wasn't allowed to look at any of them because they were all teachers. This SUCKED.

Lorna: She winced at the question, looking just as tired as she had after the whole memorial blow-up. "Secret government prison...how about Eve?"

Paige: It was Paige's turn to fall silent at a question. She darted it and turned to sympathy. "Lorna, I'm so sorry." She hugged her friend again.

Rachel: Rachel shot a glance to Angel. Things had just gotten a bit... uncomfortable.

Sue: The bowl of popcorn slowly floated its way mysteriously from the sofa to the table.

Angelina: Angel widened her eyes at Rachel and took interest in her other sandal, leaning over and showing more leg than intended.

Sue: The popcorn missed the table because Sue got distracted.

Lorna: "Nevermind, I've all ready had my breakdown of the week anyway, so, what are we doing in here?" Lorna was ready to change the topic anyway. "Oooh, Star Wars."

Sue: "Bollocks!" Sue tried to save most of it before it hit the floor.

Paige: "Yes I was just commenting on how terrible the effects were." Paige caught her up.

Rachel: "Because she's insane," Rachel commented. Star Wars was a safe topic.

Paige: "I'm not crazy... my mother had me tested."

Lorna: "...I don't know you anymore." Lorna told Paige, bending down to help clean up the popcorn. "Sure, Sheldon, sure."

Angelina: Angel tried to help Sue, but had to start laughing at Paige. "Tested?!"

Sue: What she'd managed to save in a bubble got dropped back into the bowl and she got up from the sofa. "Gonna go make more popcorn...." and she was also staying invisible. At least this way she could stare.

Paige: Paige pouted a bit. "I'm not crazy!"

Angelina: "No, not crazy, just perky!" Angel grinned. She was dying to know about Eve, but she knew about men and not wanting to talk about them.

Rachel: "That's one word for it..."

Lorna: "I like to call it eccentric exuberance."

Paige: "I like to call it not letting the crap in life get you down!"

Angelina: "Really perky, yo!" Angel nodded, hair bobbing along.

Lorna: Falling into the sofa, Lorna just let herself laugh. "It's good to have you back, Paige. Staying at the school from here on out, yeah?"

Sue: Sue made more popcorn in the microwave and brought it out, setting it on the table and going to curl up in a chair where she could see everyone and they still couldn't see her. Invisible was awesome.

Rachel: "I've been told that I should stay," she tossed in after taking a sip of her drink.

Lorna: "So...have you all traumatized Sue to the point of invisibleness or was she like that when you all got here?"

Rachel: "She fears ninja hugging."

Lorna: "....good reason."

Paige: "Yep! Staying! Rachie you should totally stay too."

Rachel: "I was also told I should be a teacher and have been called 'professor'..."

Angelina: "You should," Angel said, taking another bite of her apple. "Yeah... imagine when we were students if McCoy and Wagner and Xavier just started trying to hang with us and watch Star Wars. I'd hide too, yo."

Paige: Paige laughed at Angel. She started to say she had somebody to hide behind then, but she quickly thought of something other than Eve.

Sue: "I promise it's just the hugging...." Sue mumbled, adding the rest in her head. Because it was totally also that she was staring a little.

Lorna: "Believe it or not, it doesn't have to be as weird as all that...though you should all draw the line before flying your car buzzed with Melati."

Sue: "... You flew your car?!" She became visible again, "That is so awesome!"

Angelina: Angel looked up from locating a new biting place on her apple to blink at Lorna.

Paige: "Like... in Harry Potter?"

Rachel: Rachel had been about to comment that McCoy would totally have the bonus of twinkies if they were to have a movie marathon but also paused to blink at Lorna.

Lorna: "I think I might've claimed to be a secret Weasley..."

Lorna: "Actually, definitely did."

Sue: "You are the best teacher ever." Sue openly stared in awe.

Paige: "But you have green hair. You're the green sheep of the family."

Lorna: She preened at Sue's comment, flashing a grin as she let herself relax again. "My mother's ginger, maybe if I wasn't a mutant I would have been."

Rachel: Rachel set her drink down to rake her fingers through her hair, "So that's why she doesn't have a soul..."

Paige: "Says the redhead..."

Sue: Sue laughed.

Angelina: "Hey, I ain't complained about my powers for a long time, but ... you guys suck, yo." Angel laughed. "I could spit on this apple and gross you all out. Just for spite."

Lorna: "If it makes you feel any better, Angel, Paige has to rip her skin off before she can do anything cool."

Paige: Paige made a face at Lorna. "Yeah yeah, rub it in that you got the cool power."

Sue: "Ewwwwww...." Sue wrinkled her nose.

Angelina: "Punto buon, si. Marginally." She flicked her wings back. "Some of us draw the short stick, so we just have to make due with beauty." Angel grinned at Paige conspiratorially.

Rachel: "I think I've done fine with both," Rachel grinned.

Paige: "Which is why I have the better hair." She winked at Lorna. "I need to get ahold of yours! Those split ends!" Paige tsked at Lorna.

Sue: "Wings are pretty cool in my opinion. I'd love to be able to fly."

Paige: "I can turn into small animals." Paige offered. "I just don't like to... then again I don't like to use my power at all right?" She laughed.

Angelina: "I like the wings," she admitted, ruffling them. "But spitting acid?" Angel made a face.

Rachel: Rachel gave a shrug, "I could leave the telepathy, but telekinesis? So awesome."

Paige: "I think it'd be pretty cool to know what people thought sometimes."

Sue: "Ew." Sue wrinkled her nose again. "I can only turn invisible and make forcefields... But I have to really concentrate for the forcefields or they go away."

Angelina: "I could see knowing thoughts to be good and bad," Angel considered.

Paige: "It'd sure save time dating. You'd know if he liked you or not right away."

Angelina: "Si, or if you should just get the restraining order ready!" Angel giggled.

Sue: "You don't know what I'm thinking right now, do you?" Sue was suddenly worried her staring hadn't been quite so stealthy.

Rachel: Rachel laughed and glanced to Sue, shaking her head, "Should I be paying attention to that? Because I can."

Paige: Paige forced a smile at retraining order. She pushed past it to laugh at Sue.

Sue: She shook her head, "Nooooo it's fiiiiiiiine."

Rachel: "You know... I should just go out and charge money for being psychic..." she mused.

Paige: "You could make a killing!"

Angelina: "....I'll be your agent!" Angel was suddenly all in for this plan.

Rachel: "I am completely for trying this sometime."

Paige: "Can I be the sexy sign holder girl and draw people in?"

Sue: "Um... hate to be the one to point this out because you're all teachers and I'm just the lonely freshman here... but isn't that a bit unethical?"

Angelina: "Not at all -- she's a real psychic!" Angel bounced slightly.

Paige: "See? Winning!"

Rachel: Rachel glanced between Angel and Paige before looking back to Sue, giving a shrug. That was true. She was actually psychic.

Sue: She wrinkled her nose, it didn't sound right.

Paige: "Ohhh lighten up Sue! Those things are just for fun anyway!"

Sue: "I'm not really known for my ability to lighten up.... you can ask Johnny."

Angelina: "They'd just be getting more than they expected for the money," Angel shrugged. "Johnny?"

Paige: "Who is Johnny?" Paige reached for her gummy bears again.

Rachel: Rachel considered the name. It sounded familiar, but everyone's name sounded a bit familiar by now...

Sue: "Johnny's my little brother.... except he's in the year above me."

Lorna: "We need a proper stagename for Rachel if she's going to be a psychic." Lorna pointed out. "It just won't look good in the adverts."

Paige: "Hmmmm...." Paige got to thinking.

Rachel: "Oh, and I'd totally have to raid the costume closet for an outfit."

Angelina: "Miss Chel tells all."

Sue: "We had one on tv on the lottery called mystic meg, you could try something like that."

Lorna: "Oh, I can absolutely outfit you...I'll finally have a reason for the hoopskirts!"

Rachel: The hoopskirts sounded almost as terrifying as Paige, but on the other hand there was the chance to terrify others...

Paige: "And I can do your hair!!!!"

Rachel: Rachel pushed her fingers through her hair again as she considered Paige, "I don't know..."

Paige: "Please... I've done your hair plenty of times." She grinned, biting off another gummy bear head.

Sue: Sue wasn't sure she'd want to let someone that crazy near her head with anything sharp or hot.

Angelina: "I'll even let you do mine, 'cause the manager has to look as fabulous as the talent, si!"

Paige: "Of course I'll do yours too! You will look... fabulousa?"

Rachel: "I reserve the right to let you do mine until I know whether Angel comes out unscathed or not."

Paige: "You doubt me?!?!?"

Rachel: "...Yes."

Angelina: Angel applauded Paige's effort, holding her apple in her teeth to free her hands.

Lorna: "Don't worry, I'll be here to guide any pointy objects away from flesh."

Paige: Paige pouted at Rachel.

Rachel: Rachel considered the pout and tried to resist. "Fine..." she relented.

Paige: "Yay!!!!" Paige hugged Lorna, who was closer.

Angelina: "It's a hair party plan!" Angel cheered, laughing at Lorna's sudden attachment.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: Summer 2015: Angel

Post by Slarti »

<Angelina> Angel channel flipped, shifting to free her wing from beneath her. So far, this job was a lot of break and no work. She liked.

<Lorna> Lorna threw herself down on the sofa, bowl of unidentifiable food in her grasp as she lounged. "Anything good?"

<Angelina> "Sharks?" Angel giggled and looked over at Lorna's snack, eyebrow up. "That looks... tasty?" She kept channel flipping.

<Lorna> "Popcorn salsa. It's brilliance." Lorna assured Angel, digging right in. "Sharks are always good. When all else fails, sharks."

<Angelina> She heard the word mutant and stopped, sitting up. "Uhoh, now what?" It was one of those news channels she never watched.

<Rachel> Rachel wasn't quite sure she was entirely awake as she shouldered the door to the rec room open and flopped over in one of the chairs. It had to be some ridiculous time in the afternoon, but summer was for sleeping, right? She spoke through a yawn. "Hey..."

<Stoffelis> "-Mutant epidemic. Ladies and gentlemen, this is ... Stoffelis Now." The scene tore in half like a bad transition from the early Star Wars films, before they were heavily re-edited, and a screaming bald eagle, carrying an American flag flew over the purple mountains majesty, the great plains, and may have even briefly gone over an ocean, but it was probably a lake.

<Stoffelis> The CGI bird swooped on screen, landed on Stoffelis' arm, and he smiled to the screen in a forced grin. This cut to Stoffelis who was in his revolving chair, casting papers and note cards from one side of him to the other, who then looked up and smiled again. It still felt forced.

<Angelina> "Popcorn salsa?" Angel wrinkled her nose before greeting Rachel. It must be a pregnancy thing. "Oh, si, we're an epidemic now."

<Lorna> "Hey Rachel...oh god help us all, it's this jackass." Lorna maturely flicked a non-salsaed piece of popcorn at the screen. "Just wait until they break out 'pandemic.' We're the mutant sensation that's gripping the nation."

<Stoffelis> "America, the Greatest Nation on Earth, is in the critical. We are in nearly red-hot, here people." Stoffelis took off his glasses and shook his head, as if there were a heavy burdening message he was about to preach to his people. The mindless sheep. He loved them. They loved him. And when they didn't, they still gave him what he wanted.

<Rachel> She considered popcorn salsa and decided it could count as breakfast. "Are we sharing the salsa?" Her mind wasn't quite up to processing the latest crap on the news yet.

<Stoffelis> "Our president, who has gone from a tremendously conservative, righteous man to a weak, border-line llamahearted bleeding heart moderate in the economics market, and full on liberal when in the lime-light, has just revealed a new Mutant Task Force."

<Lorna> "I'm up for sharing but I'll warn you. I am using this pregnancy to absolutely eat as much damned comfort food as I can so I don't promise much."

<Stoffelis> "What. A. Joke. These are some real characters here, ladies and gentlemen."

<Lorna> "Did he just seriously say llamahearted?"

<Angelina> Angel looked at the onscreen guide. "BOX News... who calls their network that? Dio Mio!" She had to snicker at the llamahearted though. "He's... funny."

<Lorna> "He's absolutely batshit, disgusting really. I guess now we get to listen to him call Darren's team the devil, yeah?"

<Rachel> Rachel reached to try some of the salsa, breaking into a fit of giggles at llamahearted as well, "On the other hand, at least we aren't the devil anymore?"

<Stoffelis> "If there was ever a mockery of true American Heroes, and we're talking the serious ones here. The Navy SEALS, the Green Berets and other special forces, this is it. These guys are being called the..." He looked at the paper in disbelief. "The Strategic World-wide Observation and Response Division... SWORD, people. With an extra 'w', because apparently one isn't enough." He snorted.

<Stoffelis> "I mean, what message are you trying to send here? SWORD? You may as well have them run by an orgaization called, I dunno... GUN. Guys Unloading Nukes."

<Rachel> "Darren did get to unload a nuke into space, yeah? So it'd be totally appropriate."

<Angelina> Angel looked over at Lorna. "They're really calling it that?"

<Lorna> "Or, you know, worldwide is one word." Lorna snarked at the television, rolling her eyes dramatically. "Yeah, they're really calling it that. I think Fury just likes his names to go together. I'm looking forwards to the day he names something MIGHTY STEED myself."

<Stoffelis> "We have a team, that... and wait until you hear this, is tasked with, -- and I quote -- 'an extra-national security and police force acting on a global scale'. What I see here? Is a supernatural neighborhood watch."

<Angelina> "The SWORD and SHIELD," Angel snorted, picking up her own drink. "Darren... does he have to wear armor?"

<Stoffelis> "We're talking, Team America on steroids." He pushed a button under his desk and suddenly the TEAM AMERICA theme began to blast through the TV, the expletives bleeped out. "Rude. We are becoming rude on an international scale. And wait ... until you see... these outfits." He gawked at the pictures on his iPad.

<Lorna> "...I would absolutely love that." Lorna snorted. "Supernatural neighbourhood watch, hmm? Can we get Jensen Ackles to pose for news promos?"

<Angelina> "Dio Mio... they really do have armor?!" Angel started to get excited at that idea.

<Rachel> Rachel munched on some of the salsa and scrubbed at her face with her free hand. "Only if he's going to be wearing one of the uniforms."

<Stoffelis> The pictures came on the screen. "Looks to me like this SWORD group, supposed police of the world? Are the INJustice League. We're going to take calls to get your opinions on this today. And let me tell you, I'm looking forward to some of your thoughts on this."

<Stoffelis> "I mean... look at Jack Frost here? Do we really expect him to stand up for America? The Bold? The Brave? The Beautiful? Pour some water on him, no problems. He won't last a second in Afghanistan."

<Angelina> Angel saw Darren, Selene, Kyle, and next to Kyle... she looked again, then over at Lorna. "Uh..."

<Rachel> Rachel blinked at a mention of Jack Frost and sat up a bit in her seat, squinting at the screen. No way...

<Lorna> "...What?!" The bowl of salsa-covered popcorn slid down into her lap as Lorna just stared at the screen, not quite absorbing what she was seeing.

<Stoffelis> "And what is this? Is this Mowgli?" He pointed to Kyle. "Someone call Balloo, I think he lost his friend. This is just insane. Do we really expect this to be okay?"

<Stoffelis> "Someone, please, give me a caller. I can't handle this by myself. I need some reassurance that I'm not the only sane person left here. This looks like a movie promo. Who took this picture? Michael Bay?"

<Angelina> "That..." Angel pointed at the screen. "Non hanno visto -- I haven't seen him for a while, but that's your husband, si?"

<Rachel> "So much for secret government prison..."

<Lorna> "...Yeah, yeah that's Bobby." Lorna nodded, her mouth still hanging open slightly. "I...guess this is secret government parole." And nobody had told her, either.

<Stoffelis> "So, let's take this call. Kevin from Fort Wayne, Indiana what have you got to say about this?"

<Stoffelis> "This is ludicrous Matthew. This is just Bizarro land. We live in a world with super heroes now? Are we really to believe things are so out of control that these superbeings need to fight our battles? What are they anyways? One of them looks like some kind of alien. She's just gastly to look at. Pale as heck."

<Angelina> "And you didn't know?" Angel was just more confused now. "Weren't you staying with Darren and Selene?"

<Rachel> Rachel pulled her gaze from the television to glance at Lorna.

<Lorna> "They've been away working since I've been back...I guess I know more about on what." Lorna shook herself from the trance seeing that had pulled her into. "No, I didn't know...and they'd better have a pretty good reason about not telling me, too."

<Stoffelis> Matthew nodded through all of this. "Exactly, Kevin. And what else don't we know? If this is the pubic task force, where's the secret one? Are they out there, forcing themselves into scenarios they shouldn't be in? Killing people? In the name of America and all we stand for? Democracy, like these people is becoming mutated into something I..." he pointed to himself and held back a tear. "I... am not very comfortable with anymore.”

<Angelina> "I want to call him. Is this live?" Angel started to look for her purse. "We should call him!"

<Rachel> "We should totally call him," Rachel agreed with a nod.

<Lorna> "What?" Lorna wondered if she was still too fogged over to process things. "What are we going to tell him?"

<Angelina> "To tell him he's a-a figlio di puttana, of course!" Angel found her phone, triumphant.

<Stoffelis> "I'm sad for the sick people that have to work with these guys. They look like a rag-tag group of ill-prepared dolts."

<Stoffelis> "This is as bad as sending Sean Penn, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney into a region and expecting peace. They are celebrities people, not soldiers. Look at them! They're meant to attract attention and if you ask me -- it's all the wrong attention."

<Angelina> Googling up the show, Angel dialed the number and waited. "You think if I cuss him out in Italian they'll still bleep it?"

<Rachel> "Maybe... You should try to work llamahearted into it."

<Rachel> "Then, he might know how ridiculous it sounds."

<Stoffelis> "Call from Evangeline, Louisiana -- go." Stoffelis pointed to the screen as the caller thanked him.

<Lorna> "These kind of people don't learn other languages and probably say they speak American." Lorna snorted, looking back to the screen.

<Stoffelis> "You're so wonderful." the old lady voice cooed. "You just brighten my day, and you are so right. Why don't they let you run this country?" Stoffelis laughed with the listeners. "I wish they would, believe me." Maybe someday, he thought.

<Angelina> Her phone was still international, so she went ahead and told the screener she was in Sicily. "'Merican, yo!" She giggled at Lorna, then hooted at the screen.

<Stoffelis> After jabbering about mutants running the world in the unforseeable future, Matthew scowled at the message of his next caller. "We got a call from Sicily. Let's take it."

<Stoffelis> "Hello, good day! This is Matthew Stoffelis, you're on Stoffelis Now. Welcome to the show." He spoke clearly and loudly, as if she would not understand his English.

<Angelina> "Ah, finocchio!" She put on her thickest Italian accent, waving her hand to punctuate. "As a non-resident, I applaud the American government. It's about time they catch up to the rest of the world and realize mutants are people too and have unique and wonderful talents to contribute to the world."

<Rachel> She snickered at Angel and waited for the response. It was bound to be hilarious.

<Lorna> "Oh this is going to be interesting." Lorna couldn't help but admit, but her mind was still running on Bobby. Bobby was a part of that team. How was that even possible?

<Stoffelis> "I love your accent." He said, unapologetically. "And you say they should catch up to the rest of the world and you mention wonderful talents, but let me regale you with some memories from not two months ago."

<Stoffelis> "Do you remember the terrorist Sabbah-Nurr who tried to singlehandedly eliminate the world-order? He was a mutant. He doesn't sound American to me. So is it really just America that has these problems? And tell me, where were these uniquely wonderful talents when carnivorous dustballs were floating down sidewalks?"

<Angelina> "Grazie, but I believe we all remember, no?" She interrupted. "Perhaps if the US government had not been so closed-minded, then the tragedies could have been averted. America has painted a large anti-mutant target on its very large back, si?"

<Stoffelis> "What the U.S. government has done is be incredibly closed minded for not creating some kind of security program or even a cure for this terrible mutant disease. This defect that is erupting in the human gene. This doesn't even sound like a natural design or even a design by God, this sounds like something from some backwater lab experiment."

<Stoffelis> "These people are dangerous. We need a cure for this epidemic. Somebody call the CDC."

<Angelina> "How is evolution a disease? How will you feel when your child -- dio mio, god help them -- is born with the X-gene?"

<Stoffelis> "My children, God bless them, are healthy, blue-blooded Americans. Thank you for your concern." He smiled a mock smile and nodded to her through the screen. "Evolution? Evolution is a theory and we all know what theories mean. Means there's no proof." He pushed the big red button with the symbol of an explosion on it.

<Lorna> "Did he seriously just pick the first attack we successfully stopped?" Lorna muttered quietly, giving a good chuckle shaking her head. "And what the hell is that?"

<Stoffelis> A loud exploding sound blasted through the phone and the TV. "Thanks for getting me in the Hot Zone though."

<Angelina> Her line disconnected before she could finish her colorful curse and she made a frustrated sound.

<Rachel> "...The Hot Zone?"

<Stoffelis> "Today, the topic in the Hot Zone is the talk about how unnatural this all is. Man made? God made? What is this mutant menace and how can it be stopped?"

<Lorna> "Oh, who even cares, he's an absolute toe fungus." Her eyes rolled as she sat up a bit straighter, picking up the bowl again. "...do you think this might mean Bobby will be coming home?" She asked a little quieter, not sure if she even believed that, even if he was allowed out for SWORD.

<Angelina> "I don't know, il mia amica," Angel said, reaching over and giving Lorna's hand a friendly squeeze.

<Rachel> She tuned out the television at this point and sighed. "Hopefully."

<Lorna> "...I guess I might have to start thinking about what I'll do if that happens, huh?"
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: Summer 2015: Angel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Clint: Clint fired arrow after arrow at the target. The center was already blown out so he'd picked a new spot to attack. His dad had decided to punish him for, well whatever he wanted clint didn't pay attention to the excuses anymore.

LadyLoki: In the interests of showing more involvement with the school since he decided to stay, Lukas had agreed to go on this recruitment trip after getting back to the school. In the interests of keeping everyone on their toes and boredom, he had shifted forms and was currently a young woman. Leaning back against the seat, she looked out the window and out over the world below. "Where are we? It looks like the middle of Farmtown, Nowhere."

Wither: Kevin glanced out of the window for the nth time. He resisted asking when they would arrive. It was better than sneaking glances at Lukas who had transformed himself into a woman. It was unnerving. He resisted asking about that too, since it was very un pc, he assumed. "Agreed," he finally said, scratching at his burnt skin under his clothes.

Paige: Paige twirled in her seat, and nearly shrieked at the suddenly woman. "I'll never get used to that..." She muttered.

Angel: Angel fussed with her old uniform and didn't look out the window. It reminded her of Nebraska, which reminded her of Scott.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked and held her chin up. She did so enjoy keeping the others on their toes. This was just one of the easier and more natural ways of causing a bit of mischief ", I'm sure I'll get bored of this form soon. Someone I knew once told me that practicing was the best way of getting a handle on my shifting though."

Paige: "Well that's true enough. I shift in a different way, and practice really is the only way." Paige smiled at Lady Lukas.

Wither: "Handle something," Kevin muttered under his breath, steadfastly not looking. "Are we there yet?" he asked louder.

LadyLoki: Looking at Kevin with wide innocent eyes, Lukas blinked ", what was that, Mr Ford? I'm not sure I heard that first bit."

Clint: Clint kept it until he was out of breath. "Fucking bastard."

Wither: "I'm sure you didn't," Kevin replied mildly. "Shapeshifting is very cool. Much cooler than what I got." He scratched at his arm.

LadyLoki: "Well yes, it is. But all powers have their place," she winked at him.

Paige: Paige shuddered just a bit. That was unnerving!

Wither: "Not all." He scratched some more. Lukas was seriously creepy.

Angel: Angel flicked her wings, watching the exchange. "Not used to shapeshifters yet, no? We've had several over the years. It's an interesting power."

Wither: "Never seen one before. I think."

Angel: "That you know of," Angel grinned at the poor sunburned kid.

LadyLoki: "It's not my primary ability but it is the easiest to mess around with. The probability thing is a little....chaotic sometimes," she shrugged ", to be honest I'd rather not mess about with it while in the air." Lukas' nose wrinkled. Confident in her abilities but still not willing to risk her own ass.

Wither: Kevin suddenly sat up. He unbuckled himself and ran for the bathroom to be able to scratch in privacy. The peeling burn itched and the rash wasn't helping. "I'll just stay in the jet, y'all," he said as he scrambled past.

LadyLoki: Jerking back as Kevin ran by, Lukas raised an eyebrow ", I think he's gone to scratch himself all over." She looked to the two teachers in the front ", so, ladies, Miss Ladies, are we there yet?"

Paige: Paige shot Angel a look. "If I had a quarter..."

Angel: "We should start charging. Extra if they kick the seats," she giggled.

Paige: Paige giggled at her friend. "10 bucks for that!"

LadyLoki: "Do you honestly want to hand me more fuel," she asked with a cheeky grin.

Angel: Angel looked at the controls and the instructions. She wasn't entirely comfortable with this AI piloting program Darren had built in to the jet. "Allora, I think we are almost there... if we can find a spot to put it down."

Paige: "So yes... We are nearly there." Paige grinned back at the shapeshifter.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked at Paige and then looked out the window ", I'd say pick a field you think will look good with a crop circle and set her down."

Paige: "Ohhh can we make it a pretty crop circle?"

Angel: "We'll see, si?" Angel punched in the appropriate codes and took as much control as the AI would allow to land. "Hold on... I've never done this before."

Paige: "Wheee! Adventure!!!" Paige buckled up.

LadyLoki: Lukas frowned and buckled in, sitting back. "That's a very reassuring thing to say," she announced and did not agree with the shriek of adventure at all. Not one bit.

Angel: Angel crossed her fingers when the jet set down and then let out a string of relieved, unintelligible Italian when it bumped to a stop.

Paige: "Eeeeeee everyone alright?!" Paige looked around to be sure.

Clint: Clint stared at the Jet that just touched down. "What the fuck....." He dropped the arrow he's just knocked.

LadyLoki: Looking around, Lukas let go of her seat and took a deep breath ", I'm good, we're down, right? Safely on the ground?"

Paige: "Down and good. Excellent job, Angel!" Paige patted her pilot.

Angel: Angel opened her eyes and unbuckled, standing up and buzzing her wings once. "I believe we have his attention," she said, looking out the front window. She'd wave, but he wouldn't see it. "We're very subtle, si?"

Paige: "Who needs subtle?" Paige was already heading out of the plane.

Clint: Clint wondered if he should call 911 or just let them crush the crops.

LadyLoki: Unbuckling herself, Lukas spared a glance for the bathroom and then headed towards the exit of the plane as well ", if it's just his attention we have then I'd be truly impressed." She pushed her hair out of her face and frowned out a nearby window ", does he have a bow?"

Angel: "He does have a bow." Angel hit the button to open the hatch and looked around. "So, who's arrow-proof?"

Clint: Clint stared at the weird looking plane. "Who the hell is coming here... It's the middle of nowhere Iowa."

Paige: "Cool I want a bow!" Paige was already off the plane and waving at Clint.

Angel: "Never mind. She can be, if she wants." Angel lifted off and buzzed after Paige.

Clint: "I.... is there a reason you landed in our corn."

Paige: "Your corn? Oh sorry!!! There wasn't a better landing spot. Hello!!!"

LadyLoki: "Well I can put up a shield or turn the arrows to something else," she shrugged and then ran off after her teachers. The school was full of crazy people and she was now one of them. When they approached, she eyed the young man warily.

Clint: "In front of the Barn? The field....." Clint stopped when he noticed the girl flying.

Paige: "Weeeeeellll newbie pilot. But it's totally fine she landed it great! I'm Professor Guthrie." She giggled. Professor...

Clint: "Okay my bow snapped back and hit me in the face.... I'm unconscious on the ground somewhere...."

LadyLoki: "You don't look like you're on the ground at all," Lukas smirked at him ", these two are professors. Just very enthusiastic teachers." She shrugged and looked at the two women.

Angel: "I'm Professora Salvatore," Angel said, setting down beside Paige. "Mi dispiace tanto... sorry about the corn. We are, ah, here to offer you a proposition."

Clint: "What?" He stared at Angel, confused for more than one reason.

Angel: Angel looked him over. Young, scared... was that a black eye? "You are a mutant. We can offer you help, a home, an education, a chance to be with other mutants. And it's free. Good deal, si?"

Clint: "What's the catch." He stepped back a little still holding his bow.

LadyLoki: Stepping forward a bit, Lukas smiled ", there really isn't one. Trust me, I would know."

Clint: "And I'm not a mutant. I can't do anything special."

Angel: "Our boss says you are." Angel looked him over again. He certainly wasn't obvious. "Are you sure?"

Clint: "I've been normal all my life. Pretty sure I'd notice something different about myself."

Paige: "Weeellll maybe it hasn't manifested yet?" Paige suggested.

LadyLoki: "Maybe it's something subtle," Lukas suggested. She was studying the young man and taking in his general shakey appearance.

Clint: "Maybe I'm just a normal farm boy. Different doesn't happen around here often. And the last time it did it was bad."

Paige: "He wouldn't have sent us to you if you weren't a mutant." Paige tried to reason with him.

LadyLoki: "You know, I've heard sometimes oppression can keep someone from manifesting. Or even that they do and just don't notice it," Lukas moved closer ", what do you think?" She smirked at Clint.

Clint: Clint raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"

Angel: "Oh, it does. I know another Midwest farm boy who can blow a hole through a mountain with his eyes, si?" Angel looked down at the bow then to the target. She noticed the bullseye. "You did that?" She pointed.

Clint: "I do that everyday. It's practice. Only thing that keeps me out of a full days worth of chores."

Paige: "But... you didn't miss... any of them..." Paige was amazed.

Clint: "I don't miss. That's why I practice. So I don't miss."

Paige: "But even great marksmen miss, even just a little." Paige inspected his target.

Angel: "But people miss sometimes, no matter how much they practice."

LadyLoki: "Are you sure you don't miss because of the practice or do you just....not miss," she asked and went to study the targets, touching the arrows.

Clint: "I practice. A LOT. My dad makes sure of it. If you want a demonstration I can show you." He lifted his bow up.

LadyLoki: Lukas stepped back away from the target at the sound of 'demonstration'. She had no intention of getting accidentally skewered even if she could probably stop the arrow.

Paige: Paige put a gummy bear on her head. "Shoot the gummy!"

Clint: Clint grinned. "Is that all you've got?" He knocked an arrow.

Paige: Paige grinned... then covered her eyes. She couldn't watch. She was so going to die.

Clint: Clint took aim and easily took the gummy bear off her hear and nailed it to the target. "Next?"

Paige: Paige dared to peep. "Oh my gosh you're so awesome!"

LadyLoki: Looking between the two of them, one of Lukas' eyes twitched. She'd seen a lot but she'd never seen a woman not being mind controlled cheerfully volunteer for death by headshot. She wondered vaguely if the headmaster knew. Watching the gummy go sailing into the target, her eyes widened.

Paige: "There's no way a normal marksman could make that... you are totally a mutant! And a very cool one at that!"

Clint: "You've never been to a gun show have you? Stationary target, easy hit. Moving are harder. But the remington spokesman is regular old joe and he hits eggs that the audience throws at any time."

Paige: "Hmmmm... shoot these!" Paige got a handful of gummy bears and threw them in the air.

LadyLoki: Lukas held up a hand, a soft green glow coming from them and then held out a crystal dagger ", using these."

Clint: Clint stared at the crystal dagger. "I...."

LadyLoki: "From the way you said it, you've shot guns and your bow. Try throwing daggers."

Clint: "You gonna give me more than one..." He took the dagger and tested it's weight for a second.

LadyLoki: She held out several more, smiling.

Clint: "Don't move your hand." He looked at Paige. "Got more candy?"

Paige: "Yay!" Paige got ready to toss more gummy bears. "Let me know when you're ready! I have lots!"

LadyLoki: Lukas held her hand steady and watched him, eyes focused.

Clint: "Whenever's fine." He waited a second and when she threw them and split them in the air.

LadyLoki: "Wow. Yeah that, have you practiced with crystal daggers before? Because that was pretty amazing."

Clint: "Just had to gauge the weight. They're not perfect but they're not off."

Paige: "You still want to argue that it's all about practice and no mutation?"

Clint: "I do. Because I don't like my talents being questioned. All I do that's of any worth is this."

Paige: "That doesn't mean what you do is any less amazing, Clint. It makes it even more amazing."

LadyLoki: "I've never met anyone that could do that. That just means you should be more proud," she sighed a bit. "What can we do to make you change your mind?"

Clint: "You know really... I don't care. Just get me out of here." He gave her a smile.

Paige: Paige grinned. "Great! Do you need to grab some clothes and things from the house?"

Clint: "If I go in there I'm probably not coming out without another one of these." He pointed at his eye. "I can buy stuff later. Well unless they freeze my bank account....."

LadyLoki: Lukas smiled and held an arm out to the plane ", then after you. I'm sure we can find something at the school to hold you over until you can buy something."

Paige: "You want me to go in there? I can whack them real good if they try to hit you." Paige pushed her sleeves up. "Oh right, or that. To the plane!"

Clint: "Cool." Clint smiled and let himself be led to the plane by the women. Definitely a great way to recruit people. He eyed the women with his peripheral vision.