Amazing X-Men

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Amazing X-Men

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the Comics Section or the Nightcrawler section, but I can tell there will be a huge influx of content come late October, early November.

So, in the Marvel previews book for November, there is already a sketch for a variant cover for AXM #1 and some preview art. My dealer said I can the book once he makes his orders, and if they aren't already online, I will post them here. The variant features what looks like Beast, Wolverine, and of course NIGHTCRAWLER. I think I like the normal cover/wallpaper better, but I am still getting the variant. Also, Scottie Young is making a variant cover which he teased a week after the announcement.

It is clear here that the photo is of the lower right corner of the cover and features Wolverine, Storm, and Beast (also possible Iceman). They are looking up and smiling/waving at the center of the book, so we can assume there will be a badass Nightcrawler in the center, probably teleporting.

I plan on getting all the variants of this cover. November cannot come soon enough. Also, I plan on really increasing the activity of my faux "Jerk Nightcrawler" twitter account with humorous commentary on the new book and how he would react to it if he was kind of a jerk :) All in good taste, mind you.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Amazing X-Men

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Okay, first off -- I'M SO EXCITED. Thank you for showing this to us!

I freaking love Skottie Young so much and his variants are must-haves for me!

Also -- I bet Nightcrawler is hanging upside down in that picture? With a plastic sword...

And most likely the characters featured on the actual cover will be most of the characters featured in the variant, as most of Young's variants go this way.

I can't wait for this series. It is going to be...

amazing
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So, I am kind of obsessed with getting all the variant covers of the first issue of this series... There are six variants:

Blank variant- fairly wide circulation, should be easy to get
Deadpool variant- a must have for me, because I'm a fan of both characters so I need to have that
Ed McGuinness Sketch variant- 1:75, B&W is cool, but not a requirement. Rare.
Kevin Nowlan variant- Also 1:75. Rare.
Milo Manara Nightcrawler variant- 1:50; No idea what this will be, but I want it. Uncommon
Skottie Young variant- This one's gonna be great. Already bought it.

So, Unfortunately, right now my financial situation doesn't permit me to get them all at the current time, but I am hoping to have the set. I've seen a retailer put the set of all seven covers at $200 obo and some of the individuals at the $75-$165 range. I will get the Young (already purchased), the Deadpool, the Blank, and probably 2 issues of the Reg wraparound cover. The other three I can get later if I feel so inclined and my wife says it's okay... She doesn't understand why I need all the covers...

I hope there is a Hastings exclusive cover, because I live near one and get variants from there all the time!

They will be released on November the sixth, so mark your calendars!!
Last edited by Bamfing_Bob on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So my comic book dealer gave me his issue of Marvel Previews for November, and it includes some cool art I thought I would share :)

Here is the cover and a closeup.

Image Image

Here is a list of the variants, which I have already given. This one is just official...

Here is the Inked Kevin Nowlan Variant

And here is some interior artwork from the first issue.

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Found this awesome preview art... the excitement keeps building! I have a bigger version, but can't figure out how to display it...

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

There are the obnoxious and mind-numbing comments that you expect from most Newsarama posters, its nice to see nothing has changed. Good grief do these jerks like anything?
deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:So my comic book dealer gave me his issue of Marvel Previews for November, and it includes some cool art I thought I would share :)

Here is the cover and a closeup.

Image Image

Here is a list of the variants, which I have already given. This one is just official...

Here is the Inked Kevin Nowlan Variant

And here is some interior artwork from the first issue.

Omigosh I love that Nowlan cover! :love
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

deadpixiedust wrote:There are the obnoxious and mind-numbing comments that you expect from most Newsarama posters, its nice to see nothing has changed. Good grief do these jerks like anything?
I dunno, I didn't see a critical comment in there. And there's a lot of great preview photos.
deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

Ive seen the art already at CBR, thanks.

They weren't really critical (critical isnt always bad), just negative. Not much thought into them. They are at the bottom. But then, most people know this about Newsarama, lol. So I should not be surprised.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ah, see I find CBR to be voiceless. Informative, at their best, but usually it's just information spread on a page with a good interview with Joe Quesada or Axel Alonso once in awhile.

Newsarama is my friend because they are (like me) extremely skeptical of New 52. LOL! But anyways, back on topic, yeah the art that was previewed is great and so many more goodies from the X-Panel at NYCC!! I can't wait for that stuff to make the jump onto forums once people come home in ... oh... 12 hours??! (awaits patiently by computer).
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Wanna see all the variants?

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/48019/am ... men_2013_1

I am so excited for these! I am going to me comic shop before I have to be at work, just to be sure I get any variants if there are any!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Holy crap... the first few pages are online... and it looks EPIC! I love the first page! And all the other pages too! Ahh!!!!!!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=89349

Get ready for something... AMAZING
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So, I picked up several copies today and had it read early this morning.

SPOILER ALERT

So, the first half of the comic centers around Nightcrawler while the second is centered around Firestar joining the Faculty of the Jean Grey School. The second half is good and leads into how and why the X-Men must save Nightcrawler. But the real treat is Nightcrawler letting his awesome show off. So apparently, He's up in Heaven, but he just keeps dwelling on the Mortal realm, when suddenly Demon pirates appear! And Kurt kicks serious ass y'all. The art is... well.... AMAZING. Then Azazel comes along and taunts him, so they fight too! The way the dual teleporters are shown fighting is so freaking cool! Cannot wait for issue two!

END SPOILERS. READ ON.

So, My local shop didn't have any special variants, so I need to get them online... BUT I did get the Hastings variant. Two actually, and here is the kicker! I only really want/ need one, so I am offering the variant as a gift to whoever wants it and is willing to pay for the shipping. I will post a picture soon.

Also, The book provides an e-mail address to send fan responses to issue 1 for print on a future issue. DO IT!!! I would love to see some of us represented in print as the Nightcrawler fans that we are!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Did you notice that they apparently can't remember when Kurt died? Heh.

Anyway, I wrote a little review here.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Great review! What do you mean about them not remember when Kurt died? I didn't see any inconsistencies, but then again I was so blown away by the artwork that I may have overlooked it...
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Really enjoyed it too, it had the feel of an old 70's or 80's book from the days when the X-men were not all politics and they would just go on adventures for the heck of it sometimes. If you like the feel of Wolverine and the X-men you will like this, it's really in the same style. And some old-school Cockrumesque Kurt. Just what I wanted, and I hope it turns into a good story.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

In my fan letter I even stated it reminded me of a throwback to the 80s while remaining modern and fresh.

Some of the interactions at the school were kinda corny for my taste, but at least it isn't all drama and seriousness like some of the other X-books...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

The earliest I'll be able to get this is Sunday or Monday but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm glad to hear they're doing it justice! I do like the lighter style of Wolvering and the X-Men, so that this is similar is very good news indeed!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Did you notice that they apparently can't remember when Kurt died? Heh.
Marvel listed it as "Messiah Comlex" instead of "Second Coming", if that's what you meant (which I called them out on via Twitter repeatedly).

So I read it.

I loved it.

Everything I wanted and hoped for. All the great things that made Kurt work in the late 70's - late 80's, all the things I love about W&tXM, and it looks like Azazel is getting the redo he so greatly deserves.

I.
Love.
This.
Series.

I made sure I wrote to Nick Lowe and the X-Crew telling them as such. Mark it as OKAY TO PRINT!!

And Bamfing Bob, if no one has taken you up on that offer yet, I would gladly give you the shipping address and cover the shipping to get a spare variant! That would be splendid! ;)
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Consider it done. I just figure someone who really appreciates the comic should get it, and not just the highest bidder...

So, I am only missing 3 variants, but I'm hoping my wife lets me get them soon. Instead of the 7 cover master set, I will have EIGHT because of the Hastings Variant. I need the blank, the sketch, and the Nowlan variants...

Also worth noting, Newsarama gave Amazing X-Men #1 a 10/10 rating, so we aren't the only ones who think Nightcrawler got a great welcome back!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

deadpixiedust wrote:Image
Yep. Nightcrawler didn't die during Messiah Complex.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Count me in for the love! I purposely avoided most of the interviews, previews, and solicitation text to make the experience as much of a surprise as possible. I squealed, giggled, and generally acted like an overly excited loon while reading it. The art is gorgeous, and Kurt is finally Kurt again! And the bamfs are stinking adorable. They're completely inconsistent with every version we've seen, and I don't care 'cause they're so cute! I haven't been this happy about a comic in a looong time. :D

I know how Firestar changed so fast! Unstable molecules! ;)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Unstable molecules can answer for nearly anything, except for where the Bamfs came from.
Here's a review of Amazing #2, among other things.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

One of my friends on Twitter was disappointed they did not use a Dante's Inferno-esque version of Hell, I for one am quite glad they chose not to. Same with Heaven. Keep it simple, keep it vague, don't get on anyone's nerves and don't fall into the old tropes and cliches bin. Jason Aaron has a good eye for this kind of thing, I wish people could stop complaining and let him write, I don't know -- 5 issues first? LOL! We haven't even read issue 003 yet!

Also, thanks to Bamfing_Bob and then my Nightcrawler-senses tingling at the comic store the other day (persuading me to dig deeper behind the front issue), I now own TWO variants of Amazing X-men, including the DEADPOOL VARIANT!

YAY!