1/26 Issue: No Shame Game

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/26 Issue: No Shame Game

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after Crowd Control.

Carol: Rather than walk all the way to her room smelling like beer, Carol decided to take advantage of the post mission locker rooms located near the jet parking and their adjoining showers. She was exhausted but she had no intention of passing out in her uniform.

Bobby: Bobby wasn't really in need of a shower, but he did want to get out of his uniform. Nodding at Carol as the others peeled out to their own plans, he headed for the locker room to change. "Well. That was fun."

Carol: "I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning..." she admitted, walking beside him to the locker room, "But at least it didn't get any worse..."

Bobby: "Yeah, and it coulda gotten really fuckin' bad." He shook his head. "I don't miss getting yelled at by Fury."

Carol: "Hey, it wasn't like it was our fault... all the yelling should happen at Rogue." Carol rolled her eyes, sitting down on the bench to take off her boots.

Bobby: "I know," he sighed, leaning up against the lockers and shaking his head.

Carol: "Woman doesn't understand command structure..." Carol shook her head, tossing her boots to one side before standing again to unzip her uniform.

Bobby: "Nope, she never has." He ran his hand through his hair and unzipped the tight collar of his uniform. "You know how many times over the years I tried to stop her from doing something stupid? If I had a dime, I'd be rich as fuckin' Tony."

Carol: "She's a hot-head..." Carol shrugged off her jacket, "Not to say I'm much better but at least I can take a freaking order and follow it."

Bobby: "More than just that. I'm a hot head too. Pretty ironic, yeah," he snorted at himself. "She lives up to her name. She doesn't want to follow orders, unless she's giving them."

Carol: "Then she's in the wrong job." Peeling off her pants and tossing them to join her boots and jacket as all of them needed cleaning, she headed to the showers.

Bobby: Bobby didn't really have an argument for that, so he just grunted and turned to go change himself.

Carol: Carol sighed, turning on the shower and finally washing off the smell of beer. She scrubbed her face with her hands and rinsed out her hair before calling it good and grabbing a towel. "Want some coffee?" she called through to Bobby.

Bobby: Back in his comfortable clothes, Bobby looked up at the voice. "I might need something stronger, but I'll join ya."

Carol: "Yeeeeah, me too but I'm on the wagon..." she stepped back out into the locker room wrapped in a towel and opened her locker to take out her clothes. She didn't even have enough in the tank to cheat.

Bobby: "I know, and I don't want to tempt you, but fuck me if this ain't a time for a beer."

Carol: She laughed, "I've had enough beer thrown at me this evening." She pulled up her pants then dropped the towel so she could put a shirt on, "It's a scotch kind of evening. If you promise to cut me off, I won't make you drink alone."

Bobby: Bobby rounded the corner just in time to watch the towel drop. His head tipped sideways before he stopped himself. "Okay, sounds good," he laughed.

Carol: "Awesome," she replied as her head appeared out of her shirt. "Let's go find some alcohol and junk food."

Bobby: "Alcohol and junk food are always a solid plan." Keep your eyes up, Drake. Yup, yup.

Carol: Carol took his arm on the way down the hallway, partly for the fun and partly because of the exhaustion. "You want snack foods or should we order pizza or something?"

Bobby: "Rogue brought us Doritos, so we can have both," he laughed, leading Carol down the hall.

Carol: "You sure she didn't poison them?" she replied with a smirk.

Bobby: "Nah, we talked. It was awkward, but... we behaved, in more ways than one."

Carol: "Okay... well good," she offered a more genuine smile, "At least that's one of us off the shitlist, huh?"

Bobby: Oh yeah, he was off the shit list, but he wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. "I saw the house Tony bought. It's... impressive as fuck."

Carol: "Yeah, so I hear... Sebastian was... concerned." She frowned a little, "So you went to see her there?"

Bobby: He resisted making a face at the mention of Shaw. "Yeah, I bet. I promised her I'd come see it, before the shit hit the fan. Tony's AI was watching us like a creepy computer hawk.

Carol: "You know you're basically on camera all the time here, too, right?" she laughed.

Bobby: "Yeah, but Tony fuckin' Stark ain't watching this feed." He considered this. "If he is, he needs a better hobby."

Carol: "Gotta do something to pass all that boring presidenting time..." Carol offered, as they neared the kitchen.

Bobby: Bobby gave the camera in the corner of the room a cheerful middle finger. "Well, in that case."

Carol: She laughed, going to the liquour cabinet to take out her drink of choice, "We can take this all to the recroom and be comfortable."

Bobby: "Sounds good." He went to the cabinet and started rifling through, snagging the Doritos and some snack crackers.

Carol: "You getting beer or do you want something else?" She reached up to grab a glass for her own drink choice.

Bobby: "Both is good," he said, grabbing a beer from the fridge and carrying the snacks to the rec room. Bobby flopped heavily onto the sofa and immediately put both feet on the coffee table.

Carol: Since he hadn't requested anything in particular, Carol just got a second glass and followed Bobby to the rec room with the scotch. She settled beside him, taking her phone from her pants pocket to order pizza. Once that was taken care of, she tossed her phone onto one of the other chairs and poured their drinks before her feet joined Bobby's on the table.

Bobby: Bobby thanked her for the drink and sighed, sinking into the sofa. "Wonder what the pizza delivery kid will think when he pulls up tonight? I can just imagine the headlines right now."

Carol: "I think he'll be too busy wondering if this place is really haunted to care. Most people still won't even drive up here. They just drop stuff off with the guard building at the end of the drive and call it good." She rolled her eyes.

Bobby: "It's totally haunted. We live here."

Carol: She laughed, "I prefer to think of us as inmates of the asylum."

Bobby: He knocked back a swallow of the scotch and savored the burn. It wasn't Pietro's scotch, but it wasn't bad. "That is more accurate, yeah."

Carol: Carol leaned to pick up her own glass and took a sip, letting her head drop back against the sofa and closing her eyes. She was so tired. "We could be ghost inmates. Best of both worlds. All the crazy, none of the laws of physics."

Bobby: "I think that's the best motto I've ever heard for us," he laughed, then looked over at Carol playing dead. "I won't have to cut you off if you pass out now."
Carol: She laughed, cracking an eye open, "I burned soooo much energy holding that wall. I'll soak up more while I sit here so I'll be fine in a while."

Bobby: "Yeah, that's a fun new party trick," he said, wriggling his fingers at her.

Carol: "Mmhmm... I've been practising it for a while now but usually I work with smaller shapes..." she offered a tired smile, "I'll get used to it."

Bobby: "So what's it made of? Would it fry my ass if I walk into it?"

Carol: She shook her head slowly before lifting it and her glass for another sip of scotch, "It's a solid energy construct... think kinda like the hard light technology from the Danger Room."

Bobby: "That's cool," he chuckled. "So you're Danger without the danger."

Carol: "I don't know about without..." she laughed, "I definitely need to work on it more before I try it again in the field. Energy projection is easy... manipulating it like that is tricky."

Bobby: "Yeah, makes me kind of glad I deal with physical constructs." He chilled his glass and took another sip.

Carol: "Well apparently energy manipulation extends further than I thought... like when I healed Rip that time..." That had also wiped her out but that wasn't a thing she could realistically practise.

Bobby: "Healing is definitely a handy thing to have," he agreed.

Carol: "I guess I should work harder on practising..." She took another sip of scotch, "But there's a lot of things I have to do in a day and I get lazy."

Bobby: "Here's to bein' lazy," he agreed with a chuckle, raising his glass for a toast.

Carol: She laughed, clinking her glass against his before draining it, "I chose the wrong career for my inner lazy person."

Bobby: "This career kinda chose us, I think..." He let his own head fall back to stare at the ceiling.

Carol: She chuckled, reaching to pick up the bottle to refill her glass, "I think you're forgetting the part where I chose to join the Air Force then SHIELD and they chose to send my ass over here to babysit you crazy people. Twice." She offered the bottle to top up his glass.

Bobby: "Hey, this time I think of it less as babysitting and more... mutual bad decision-making." He rolled his head sideways to give her a smirk and held out his glass.

Carol: She obliged with the top up, "Well, I was going for less bad decision-making but I guess fuck that for the rest of today."

Bobby: "We get a free pass for today." After a moment, he sighed. "You think there's more of that coming the closer we get to the election? That Hodge guy was bad enough, but then an actual US senator whipping up the morons like that?" He shook his head.

Carol: She sighed, "I don't know... the election always brings out the crazies but usually they stay on Facebook... It might get worse... we just have to be above reproach with how we deal with it. Don't give them any reason to scapegoat us."

Bobby: "Yeah," he said, taking another drink. "They sure as fuck don't need one. Beth and Jean were making me nervous using their powers before things went sideways."

Carol: "Honestly, I was dubious about it, but monitoring the general mood of the crowd turned out to be a good idea..."

Bobby: "Yeah, the brain fu is one thing, but the purple and pink glowing... stuff?" He waved a hand around his face in illustration and made a noise.

Carol: "When Beth is using her telepathy she gets the butterfly aura. It's a side effect. She can hide it from people in small groups but that many people? I think that'd be a waste of her mental resources... the pink teke bubble might seem like a bad choice but I guess she was worried about Tandy. If I'd have been able to find Ty it probably would have been less of an issue."

Bobby: "He off on a bender somewhere?" Not that he had any room to talk, considering. Bobby took another long drink.

Carol: Carol shrugged, "I have no idea where he goes when he's not here. Probably stealing stuff."

Bobby: "That's not very X-Men-y," he snorted, levering himself up enough to get to his phone in his back pocket.

Carol: "I told him to stop but I really think he needs to see a psychologist or something... maybe I should recommend Jess..."

Bobby: "There you go, but make Jess come here so he doesn't steal shit from their house."

Carol: "Sure, I can do that. She's coming here on the regular to train Tandy anyway... which I'm pretty sure mostly entails them having a dance party in the gym."

Bobby: "Dance party." He snickered into his glass. "I'll have to catch that sometime."

Carol: Carol laughed, "Oh you haven't heard about Tandy's 'dance combat'? It's a whole thing."

Bobby: "I have not, but it sounds like a good time," he laughed.

Carol: "I think we should all check it out sometime... some of us may need to be more drunk for that than others."

Bobby: "Oh, I was thinking more of watching than participating." He gave her a bright, shit-eating grin.

Carol: She laughed, "Spoilsport. I think a dance party would be a great team building exercise."

Bobby: "Oh, fuck me, we haven't outgrown those kind of things?" He made a noise and let his head fall back again.

Carol: "No one outgrows those," Carol bumped his shoulder with her own, "We're all doing separate stuff... I think it'd be good for us to hang out with each other, figure out how to use our powers in combination with each other."

Bobby: He grinned and held up his hand, balled into a fist. "Wonder Twin powers, activate!"

Carol: She laughed and bumped his fist with her own, adding in a little static jolt for the fun.

Bobby: "Fuckin' hell!" He laughed and shook his hand, then took another drink.

Carol: "You're welcome," She raised her glass in toast and took a sip of her own. "I could be nice to you and get my inhibitor but then I'll get drunk faster..."

Bobby: "Nah, we don't wanna get too crazy. Too old for that shit." He checked his phone and sighed.

Carol: "Speak for yourself," she bumped his shoulder again, "You waiting for a call?"

Bobby: "I texted Anna. No reply yet." He gave her a grin at the bump and bumped back.

Carol: "I'd say hopefully that means she's thinking about her terrible decisions but... probably not."

Bobby: "Probably not," he agreed. "I saw her face, when she was bookin' it out of there. Something was wrong."

Carol: "Other than the fact she wasn't supposed to be there? Maybe she just heard something she didn't like?"

Bobby: "Yeah, I dunno. She seemed pretty freaked out." He frowned at his phone and took another drink

Carol: "She'll talk about it when she's ready, I guess.... let me know if I need to be worried. You don't have to tell me whatever it is just..." she gestured vaguely.

Bobby: "Yeah. I guess." He tossed the phone onto the cushion beside him and looked back at Carol. "If it's something that will affect the rest of us, yeah, I get it."

Carol: "The last thing we need is for her to have some kind of crisis that ends up on the news right now..." She lifted her glass for another drink.

Bobby: "Yeah, I know." He sighed and slid further down into the sofa.

Carol: "Uuuuugh..." now she wanted her inhibitor and to finish the whole bottle. "Why is life like this?"

Bobby: "Complicated and weird as fuck? No idea. I've never been able to figure that shit out." He laughed, shaking his head.

Carol: "It's so haaaard. I just want like... a week where nothing goes wrong. Why can't we have that?"

Bobby: "Sometimes you get a week. Sometimes it's a whole fortnight or so..." He gave her a grin.

Carol: "Can you tell me when I'm having one of those so I don't miss it?"

Bobby: "Last week? I mean, other than my personal drama, nothing blew up, right?" He snorted and took another drink. "Just gotta look for the calm moments, babe."

Carol: "I don't have those," Carol shook her head, "I have my normal life stuff which is full of misdirected blame and bad decisions and guilt and then I have my job which is a lot of tracking the various ways the world is fucked up."

Bobby: He made a face. "Okay, relative calm then?"

Carol: She considered that, "I guess... I got laid." She shrugged and had another drink.

Bobby: He barked a laugh. "Well, you're doing better than me, then."

Carol: "Do you even want to get laid right now? Because you could do that. Really easily."

Bobby: Bobby gave her a slightly panicked look. "Who doesn't wanna get laid?" Fucking hell, Drake. Not the right response.

Carol: "So then you go to a bar and pick up a random. It's not hard." She laughed at the look on his face.

Bobby: "Now you sound like Jamie. He offered me names from his own little black book," he laughed.

Carol: "Noooo that's creepy," she shook her head, "Also sad. You don't need help to pick up girls... maybe practise."

Bobby: "Right?" He laughed. "Like I want his... leftovers?" Bobby made a face, then considered what she'd said. "Help? I don't need help. I do just fine, if I want to."

Carol: "So.... you don't want to get laid?" She reasoned out.

Bobby: "I didn't say that," he laughed.

Carol: "Well then you're just being lazy," she determined, "Go to a bar... I'd offer to wingman but I feel like I might confuse things so find a dude."

Bobby: "What dude? Darren is married and terrifying, Jamie is prettier than me, and Pietro is rich as fuck." he shook his head at her offer. "You're probably the best I've got."

Carol: She laughed hard at that, "Oh man then I feel sorry for you. But I could do that if you want. Just figured you wouldn't want potential dates to see you standing next to someone with my boobs and make assumptions."

Bobby: "They're not bad assumptions," he said, realizing at the same moment what he'd said. Bobby's eyes dropped to the topic of conversation for a moment before he met her eyes.

Carol: That just made her laugh again, "Thanks but I think you're missing my point."

Bobby: "Nah, I'm not, babe. I'm not interested in just picking up random women in bars." He licked his lips and sighed, taking another drink. "I'm shit at one night stands."

Carol: "Drinking helps," Carol offered, turning to look at the SHIELD agent that appeared in the rec room doorway. With pizza. "I totally forgot we ordered pizza."

Bobby: "Pizza is welcome," he said, laughing a little. "I forgot about it, too."

Carol: Carol climbed over the back of the sofa to retrieve the pizza then rejoined Bobby, plonking the pizza on the table. "Pizza is one of the best foods in the world."

Bobby: "It's made for drunks," he agreed, sitting up to get a piece.

Carol: "Also a convenient breakfast food," she picked up a slice, "Okay so, where were we? Oh right... have you considered a dating app?"

Bobby: "Jamie said that, too!" He laughed around his bite of hot pizza. "No! I'm not gonna date!"

Carol: "So you're just gonna never get laid even though you want to get laid. You make no sense to me."

Bobby: "I didn't say I want to get laid," he said, waving a hand. "I mean, I'm not gonna say no, but I'm not gonna go on the hunt, either."

Carol: "So your plan is to hide out in your room and hope someone knocks on the door?"

Bobby: "Noooo," he said around a bite. "I can go to town and be surprised by a buxom fangirl."

Carol: "But you won't have a one night stand or date them?" He was not helping with the confusion. "So you're just going to make eyes and both of you will go home disappointed."

Bobby: "Make eyes?" He snorted at her, then it dawned on him where this theoretical conversation was going. Naaaaah.

Carol: "Oh shut up," she laughed and gave him a shove.

Bobby: He returned the shove, carefully, so he didn't dump her drink. "I didn't say it!" Bobby batted his lashes at her.

Carol: "Pfft, I don't hear you denying my predictions. You're just trying to distract me." She booped the end of his nose at the eyelash shenanigans.

Bobby: His eyes crossed and he laughed. "Nah, I ain't gonna deny it."

Carol: "That makes me sad," she pouted for him.

Bobby: "Why? I'm not sad about it."

Carol: "You're one of those serial monogamist people, aren't you?"

Bobby: Bobby only had to consider it for a moment. "Yup, that's me. I've kinda always been in a relationship, I guess."

Carol: Carol frowned at him for a long moment, "Can you count the people you've had sex with on one hand?"

Bobby: He closed one eye. "...yep."

Carol: "... I don't think that's healthy," she laughed, shaking her head.

Bobby: "Why not?" His eye popped open and he gave her a mild blink.

Carol: "Because how can you know what you like for sure if you don't test stuff out?"

Bobby: "Oh, I tested... one of them turned out to be a dude. Sort of."

Carol: "Sort of?" She raised an eyebrow, then decided she needed more scotch for this talk.

Bobby: He laughed at her reach for the scotch. "So when do I cut you off? After the explanation?"

Carol: "I don't know... how traumatising are you gonna make it?"

Bobby: "Sh....e was a shapeshifter who'd rather be a woman than a man, so..." He shrugged. "She was a woman when we were together."

Carol: "Shapeshifters are trippy..." she confirmed with a nod and a fortifying sip of scotch while she tried not to think about Andi.

Bobby: "I didn't know at the time," he added, knocking back a larger drink.

Carol: That made her laugh, "Surprise?"

Bobby: "Yeaaaaaah, I didn't know until we'd all been taken by fucking Doc Feelgood." He made a face. "Essex."

Carol: Carol decided Bobby needed a top up on his scotch. "Wow that's kind of a mindfuck, huh?"

Bobby: "I saw him in the showers... there were enough of us that they made the dudes all shower together, and then..." he let her refill his glass and took a drink. "Surprise!" he repeated.

Carol: "So I guess you know for sure you're not into dudes?"

Bobby: "I know, for sure," he laughed, shaking his head. "You know how many times I've hadta say that?"

Carol: "I guess it's a lot?" she laughed, "Never hurts to know where you stand."

Bobby: "I know," he laughed, reaching up for another piece of pizza.

Carol: "Especially if you want me to wingman for you, mister fussy."

Bobby: "Mister fussy? Just because I know what I want and she's got boobs?"

Carol: She laughed, "And you want a relationship not a date. You realise that's super hard to find these days? Fuck, I was called 'old fashioned' for just wanting to date one person at a time."

Bobby: "Well a date can turn into a relationship, but it's - babe, another one of those is the last thing I fuckin' need right now," he shook his head and took another drink. "Maybe Rogue was right that I rushed into things with Paige after Lorna."

Carol: "Right but that's what I'm saying..." Carol rolled her eyes, "You gotta try stuff out... just stop thinking in terms of relationships and just work on the fun part."

Bobby: "I probably should work more on the responsible adult part, since I've got two kids to think about in all this shit."

Carol: "You are a responsible adult," she pointed out, "I think that's half the problem... the other half being that whole rebound relationship thing."

Bobby: "You're not trying to tell me I'm too responsible?" he laughed.

Carol: "Well...." she gave him a small smirk, "You kind of are."

Bobby: "How's that?" Now he was really laughing and knocked back the rest of his drink.

Carol: "What do you do in your free time?"

Bobby: "Lately?" He shook his empty glass. "You're kinda lookin' at it, babe."

Carol: "And before everything went to shit?"

Bobby: "I worked, and then I went home and took care of the kids." He shrugged.

Carol: Carol just gave him a hard stare until he realised he'd made her point for her.

Bobby: He stared at her blankly for a long minute, then scoffed. "That's just what you have to do when you have a job and a wife and kids and a dog and a house and your job is fuckin' crazy."

Carol: "Uh-huh because you're a responsible adult. You forget I have a kid?"

Bobby: "Yeah but you've got a different situation," he said.

Carol: "Yeah my situation is that I was drinking too much to take care of my kid so now she lives with her dad and his not-wife who doesn't let me see her unless I call ahead."

Bobby: "So should I cut you off?" He had to smirk a little. "As the responsible adult here?" Bobby sat up and snagged the bottle to top off his own drink.

Carol: She shook her head, "I'm not even feeling it. No inhibitor so I have that awesome healing thing to get over first. I offered to get the inhibitor..."

Bobby: "You want the inhibitor? Since we're being irresponsible tonight?" He shook the bottle at her and set it down, then sank back into the sofa with his glass.

Carol: "Sure, it's only across the hall in my office," She leaned to put her glass down on the table and get up.

Bobby: "Haaaa, go irresponsibility!" He nodded at her and took a drink, then decided to go for another piece of pizza.

Carol: She laughed, "Hey, there's not much point in drinking if you don't get to the nice part." She headed across to her office and retrieved the inhibitor from her desk drawer, sliding it onto her wrist and activating it.

Bobby: Bobby chomped the pizza and snickered. "True. I guess it's handy that I can just kind of turn it off when i want, but I can't control when it kicks in."

Carol: "Well I can't really control when it kicks in either... there's kind of a metabolism grey area...."

Bobby: "Well, you put on the bracelet and you suddenly have normal tolerance."

Carol: "I think I'd prefer it your way," she flopped back into her seat. "My way was expensive until they made an inhibitor that works."

Bobby: "I mean aside from getting stuck as ice a few times, my powers are pretty wicked cool." He gave her a grin and finished off his slice of pizza.

Carol: "I'm not sad I managed to get unstuck from orange me time..." She sighed, "That sucked for a while."

Bobby: "Getting stuck sucks donkey ass," he agreed, taking a long drink. The pizza helped soak up the booze, but he was still feeling it now.

Carol: "Especially when it's a result of being experimented on..." she nodded, deciding that required more drink.

Bobby: "Same," he said, making a face and knocking back a larger swallow that nearly made him cough.

Carol: "And people wonder why drinking seems like a good idea..."

Bobby: "S'great idea, clearly," he croaked with a laugh.

Carol: "It does have its merits," she nodded in agreement.

Bobby: He decided the way to fix the rasp in his throat was with another drink. At least this one went down more smoothly.

Carol: "I miss it when I'm having trouble sleeping... or ignoring all the bad stuff...." She frowned, reaching for the bottle to top up her glass.

Bobby: "I don't miss it. Not the stuck part anyway. And the whole.... vapory part?" He waved his fingers in his air. "It's good for avoiding certain things."

Carol: She laughed, "No, not the orange... I can do that any time... I mean the drinking. Sometimes it feels like the only way I'm gonna get any sleep."

Bobby: "Ooooh, okay. I guess even when I do drink it's... not to sleep. I don't seem to have too many problems with that. Push yourself hard enough and sleeping happens whether you want it to or not, yeah?"

Carol: "In theory... but I don't really get tired or hungry that often... So I used to just distract myself... It's harder to do that without alcohol."

Bobby: "This place seems plenty distracting if you let it be," he said, checking his phone again.

Carol: "Yeah but I have to be careful not to just work all the time..." she picked up her glass for a sip, "It's not so bad now that more people are in the building... for a while there it was just me."

Bobby: There was still no reply from Anna, so he sighed and flipped the phone back onto the sofa cushion.

Carol: "You know she's not your problem right now, right?"

Bobby: "She's always my problem," he said, rolling his head sideways to look at Carol again.

Carol: Carol wrinkled her nose at him, "No, she's Tony's problem now."

Bobby: That made him sigh. "Yeah... she's Tony's lots of things..."

Carol: "So take a night off and let him check on her instead. She's a big girl, she'll survive one night without you holding her hand."

Bobby: "Y'know, I'm the only one who can actually hold her hand..." He wriggled his fingers and let his hand drop into his lap.

Carol: "... And that didn't clue you in that there was an issue?" She gave him a shove, shaking her head as she lifted her glass for a drink.

Bobby: "I told you, we never defined it! And we never knew why it worked! Like, she gets my powers, but she doesn't drain me. I dunno." He rocked with the shove and made a noise when his scotch sloshed.

Carol: "And in my case she takes everything... I don't know why that happens either... but it's super scary."

Bobby: "Yeah, I can imagine. I know she picks up my... persona, to an extent, but I think her little head me has his own box for her to lock 'im up."

Carol: "Apparently all the stuff she took is mostly gone now... I already knew I had no chance of getting it back but hearing that wasn't really a great experience... especially because she was threatening to do it all over again.... I don't know if I can trust her again after that... it took so long the first time to let it go..."

Bobby: "Yeah, I'm still pissed she threatened that." He shook his head and took another drink. "I get why she thought she had to, because she is all about overreactions, but fuckin' hell."

Carol: "Yep." Oh her glass was empty again. "So... now I guess if we have to do stuff together she gets work mode me.... and preferably someone else there to supervise."

Bobby: "Go team," he cheered with a half-assed rah-rah motion.

Carol: "Maybe I'll feel better about it if she apologises but I'm not gonna hold my breath." More scotch was needed. "I don't wanna talk about this anymore... it's for sure not gonna help me sleep."

Bobby: "Yeah, knowing her..." He sighed and took another drink. "'Kay, how 'bout those Cards, huh?"

Carol: Carol gave him a long look then laughed, "Maybe I should cut you off."

Bobby: He laughed and shook his head. "I'm fiiiiiine. Just... fuckin' peachy. You?"

Carol: "I don't know, I haven't tried to get up in a while," she shook her head, "Probably got a nice buzz going."

Bobby: "Yeah, same... I'd probably get a bit of a shock if I tried to go take a piss about now."

Carol: "Hmm... there are stairs before bed... that could be a problem... but that is a problem for future me."

Bobby: "That's why mother nature gave us hands and knees, right?"

Carol: "And no shame!" Carol added with a grin.

Bobby: "And no shame," he agreed.

Carol: The lack of shame was an important feature some time later when they were done with pizza and trying to remember how limbs worked. There was no more scotch and on its journey it had taken their balance skills for company. "I don' remember walkin' bein' this hard...." she frowned. Good thing they had four legs between the two of them.

Bobby: "I don'remember the stairs bein' this tall..." he complained, knowing full well he could ice up and be fine. But where was the fun in that? And this was the most fun he'd had in a while.

Carol: "Really shoulda got 'em ta put in an elevator...." Oh well too late now.

Bobby: "An escalator," he said, hoisting Carol up and trying not to grab her side boob while he did it. "We c'n do it! Jus'" He counted, then lost count. "...some more steps!"

Carol: She laughed, which didn't help with the walking, "If ya math kids could see ya now..."

Bobby: "They'd prolly not be too su'prised..." He made it up another step despite her giggles.

Carol: That just made her giggle again. More steps. Oh she could see flat floor. That was reassuring. "We made it!"

Bobby: One more step, that he very nearly didn't see, and they were on the top floor, swaying and leaning into each other. "Victory," he chuckled. "Now we need a nap."

Carol: "Yes... or snacks..." she started automatically for her own room.

Bobby: "....why didn't we think of snacks when we were still downstairs?" His tone was a little whinier than he liked and he cleared his throat.

Carol: "'Sokay, I got snacks," she assured him, "Don' wanna go all tha way ta tha kitchen inna snack emergency...." she had definitely had enough scotch because her accent was hurting her own ears.

Bobby: "Good thinkin' babe," he said, giving her an awkward pat and moving to shamble behind her to her room.

Carol: The sofa called to her when they made it back to her room but snacks were required so she ignored the sofa's cries for the treasure in her cupboards, opening doors to display all the goodies to her guest.

Bobby: "Damn lookit you!" He whistled and admired the snack hoard, then weaved toward the sofa himself. It looked comfy and he'd had a long walk upstairs.

Carol: Carol selected some options and tossed them in the direction of the sofa before she closed the cupboards and followed Bobby to the sofa.

Bobby: Bobby no longer had the motor skills or motivation to catch those snacks, but he let them pepper him with carbohydrate goodness.

Carol: Fortunately she hadn't been expecting him to catch them but she had been hoping he'd pick a side of the sofa. Well two could play at that game. She decided to take up the entire length of the sofa, sweeping the snacks out of the danger zone in the process. No smushed snacks on her watch!

Bobby: Bobby grunted at the sudden weight on him and then laughed. "Well, hi there, babe."

Carol: "Hi," she grinned, grabbing one of the bags of snacks and opening it before offering it to him over her shoulder.

Bobby: Bobby laughed and decided to roll with it, wriggling to get a little more comfortable and parking his leg against the back of the sofa. "Thanks," he said, taking a chip.

Carol: "I have a comfy sofa," she determined, "I know this because I fall asleep on it a lot."

Bobby: "It is comfy," he agreed, snaking the arm she was crushing around her instead.

Carol: "There's probably all kinds of treasure in the cushions too. I lose stuff." Also she broke stuff that she hid in there. "You got a comfy sofa yet?"

Bobby: "I once found a twenty and a good six bucks in change in one of my old ones... I don't have one now. I need a sofa," he decided.

Carol: "I can tell you where to get a good one.... I break mine a lot."

Bobby: "Good deal," he said with a nod and went feeling for another chip.

Carol: He got boob but she presented the bag of chips despite her giggles.

Bobby: "Whoops, shit, sorry," he laughed, aiming for the bag instead and stuffing a few chips into his mouth.

Carol: "It's fine," she assured him, "I mentioned the lack of shame earlier, right? It gets more epic when scotch is involved."

Bobby: "I mean, if I was gonna grab something, it's a good thing to grab." He let his hand fall back into place, just slightly lower.

Carol: "I've never had any complaints," she agreed.
Bobby: "I bet. You've got a great rack," he laughed, giving her a pat.

Carol: "Thanks," she laughed, looking over her shoulder at him. "You should see it when I make an effort."

Bobby: "I can imagine," he said, giving her a grin, then chuckled. "Although I probably shouldn't."

Carol: "Why not? I'm single, you're single. Boobs are awesome.... if you don't want to imagine I can play fashion show... except then I'll get less drunk."

Bobby: "Boobies're awesome," he agreed, thinking about this as best as he could in his current state. "...I'm single," he said, tone surprised. "Whoa..."

Carol: "I know, it's been a while, huh?" She gave his hand a pat.

Bobby: "It's been..." He thought about this too, but the math brain wasn't working. "You're right, my students would laugh their asses off..."

Carol: "Awww, nah not for this..." it took some effort and much shuffling but she managed to turn around without falling off the sofa and gave him a hug. "For forgetting how to count, yeah..."

Bobby: Well, it'd been a while since he had a hot, wriggly woman on top of him. Bobby grit his teeth at the reaction and then gave her an awkward grin when she faced him. "Ha! Yeaaaah, definitely..."

Carol: "You taught math, ya can't forget how to count," she folded her arms on his chest, "Grounds for dismissal."

Bobby: "Been fired before," he pointed out. "It didn't stick." Carol was hot. That realization wasn't a new one, but he'd never seen her... quite this close. He licked his lips and let his gaze wander over her face.

Carol: "I don't know if that's a good thing..." she frowned while she considered that, "I mean it's good it didn't stick..."

Bobby: "Xavier fired me after... X-Force," he said, making a face.

Carol: "Yeah, I know... I had files and stuff... how do you feel about all of that now?"

Bobby: "It was stupid. Dunno that I regret that it saved some people, but it was... just stupid. Got outta control."

Carol: "I guess the whole..." she didn't want to use the word execution, "thing could have gone a little better..." she agreed with a nod, "But I guess at least some very bad people aren't on the board anymore."

Bobby: "Yep, exactly." A short lock of hair fell across Carol's forehead and he brushed it back.

Carol: She gave him a soft smile for the gesture, feeling her cheeks heat a little, but that might have just been alcohol. They were really close and he was... looking at her differently. Or was that also alcohol? She was doing entirely too much thinking for someone who had drank almost a whole bottle of scotch. That was enough of that.

Carol: She hesitated for a moment, tugging the corner of her lip with her teeth but the nice fuzzy edges the alcohol provided shooed the worrying away and she closed the small space between them.

Bobby: He was surprised, but he supposed he shouldn't have been. Either way, his brain didn't stop to process it before he returned the kiss, his hand cupping her face.

Carol: She unfolded her arms so she could slide them around him and shifted her hips to settle more comfortably on him.

Bobby: His fingers moved through her hair and his other hand went to her waist, pulling her closer while they kissed.

Carol: Well this was going a lot better than it could have. She was still not on the floor. She made a small sound of pleasure into the kiss and let her own hands wander.

Bobby: Bobby broke off the kiss to look at her, his fingertips trailing over her face. "Hi," he laughed, head spinning.

Carol: "Hi," she gave him a small grin, a little breathless from the kiss.

Bobby: "What're we doing?" he said, laughing and shaking his head a little when she grinned.

Carol: "Well we were making out... now I don't know..." she chewed her lip a little.

Bobby: His eyes fell to her lip and he decided she shouldn't chew it, so he kissed her again.

Carol: Okay more making out, she could work with that. She returned the kiss, deepening it a little and trailing her hands down to find the hem of his shirt and skin.

Bobby: Bobby grinned into the kiss at the feel of her hands roaming, tilting his head for a better angle. His own hand slid up the back of her shirt, fingers tracing the fastener of her bra.

Carol: She trailed her fingers lightly up his sides under his shirt and shifted against him.

Bobby: His fingers slid under the fastener and he paused, nipping at her lower lip for a moment, when flicked the clasp open.

Carol: Oh he had freed the girls and he couldn't even see the results of his efforts because she still had a shirt on. She could fix that.

Bobby: He had a moment of surprise when she broke the kiss, but then she sat up and drew her shirt off over her head and he grinned, taking in that rack he'd been praising. "Wow."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 1/26 Issue: No Shame Game

Post by Esynthia »

Wow, indeed.

*packs Rogue's backpack for another run*