5/14 Issue: Bugsy's Girl

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/14 Issue: Bugsy's Girl

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day after Tony and Rogue get home from their European adventure.

Bobby: He knew she was here, he just had to figure out where she'd parked so he could walk her to the door. Bobby started down the sidewalk, hands in his pockets, looking for her a head of wild hair with a white stripe. He hummed to himself nervously as he went.

Rogue: Rogue finished sending the text in reply to Tony, glad he had made it safely back to Washington, and hopped out of the car. Now to find Bobby. She tucked her phone and keys in her pockets and turned in a slow circle. Was he even here yet? "Marco," she attempted weakly, hoping to not draw too many weird stares.

Bobby: Bobby didn't see Anna, but he saw a couple of girls stopped on the sidewalk. One pointed across the street and the other was taking a picture with her phone. He followed their line of sight and there she was. "Fuckin' great." Bobby dodged between the parked cars and barely looked for traffic before sprinting across the street.

Rogue: No answer meant that it was time to take a bird's eye view. She lifted just a few feet into the air just as she heard an angry sounding horn on the street behind her. Rogue whirled around to see Bobby running across towards her, and a flash in the corner of her eye. She glanced over and saw girls taking pictures. Normal, everyday occurrence for Boston.

Rogue: Except... They were looking at her. Rogue slowly lowered to the ground and pretended like she hadn't seen them. But she had seen Bobby and she was super excited to see him.

Bobby: "Yeah yeah, fuck you too!" Bobby hopped to the curb, nearly vaulting the hood of a parked car in his way. Behind him, the phone camera flashed again. "Babe! Hey!" He skidded to a halt a few feet from her, panting. "Hey."

Rogue: "Hey!" She careened into him, wrapping him in a hug. "Ah missed you," she murmured.

Bobby: Bobby laughed and caught her, returning the hug tightly. "I missed you, too, babe."

Rogue: Rogue held on for a moment longer than she probably should have, just breathing him in for a moment, eyes closed, enjoying being held by him. She finally pulled back and gave him a frown, then a light smack on the arm. "Y' almost got run over!"

Bobby: "Pfft, no I didn't. Besides, not like it'd take." He lifted her off her feet and gave her a spin. When he set her down he noticed another flash from the corner of his eye.

Rogue: "Don't care if it'd take'r not!" She had to laugh at the spin, clinging to him even though she didn't need to. Then she saw it too and finally turned to properly look at the girls. Who were now several people. "What in th' world is goin' on?"

Bobby: "I'd guess it's because you're a celebrity, babe. Been seen all over Europe on the arm of President Showboat." He tried not to sound bitter or jealous about it and wasn't sure how successful he was. "Looked like you guys had fun."

Rogue: "Bobby," she said softly, but wasn't sure what else to say. She hated that this hurt him. It hurt her, too. "Ah ain't a celebrity. They just know Ah know him, that's all." Rogue took a breath and mustered a smile and a wave for the crowd, "Hey!" She hoped that was enough for them, because it was enough for her. She took Bobby by the arm and started walking towards the restaurant. "We did... Wasn't much time t' see a whole lot, though."

Bobby: "Yeah, you know him," he said, then bit it off and shook his head. "Sorry, babe. I'm glad you had fun." He let himself be dragged down the sidewalk and took a deep breath to stop himself from being an ass. "Happy birthday, Anna-Doll," he said, more quietly as they walked.

Rogue: Rogue started to prickle until he calmed down and then she felt a flush creep up her cheeks at his birthday wish. "Thanks, Bugsy. Ah'm happy t' be home. An' out with you. Was a li'l sad Ah couldn't see y' on mah birthday." And then she remembered, "Oh! Do y' wanna know where Ah was when Ah saw y' birthday text?"

Bobby: "I dunno, do I wanna know?" He was laughing this time though, honestly intending the joke. He had no right to be jealous and he needed to remember that. "I'm glad I got to tell ya in person, even if it's a few days late."

Rogue: That made her laugh, too, and she bumped his shoulder with hers. "Getcha mind outta th' gutter, Drake." Rogue saw people following them out of the corner of her eye when she looked up at him, but she ignored it. Unfortunately, they probably weren't done with their pictures. "Not that Ah mind it, there, 'course," she added quietly, hoping he was the only one to hear her.

Rogue: "So, when it came through, Ah was starin' at th' Eiffel Tower... But when Ah saw it, we were on a private jet on our way t' Rome. Rome! Ah wanted t' stand in th' middle o' th' Colosseum an' yell how Ah was Spartacus."

Bobby: "That's good, since my mind kinda dwells there," he laughed, returning the bump. He already knew she'd been to Rome after Paris, and London after that. It was impossible to avoid the news coverage and social media. "Yeah? That's awesome, babe. Sounds like he gave you one hell of a birthday surprise."

Rogue: "Ah wish y' coulda been there, too. Y' woulda loved it. We coulda found some way t' make some fake chariots an' race." Rogue wished she could have them both. Or smoosh them together hard enough that they became one person. That mental image made her grin. Both of their faces smooshed side by side into each other, like they were against a window. She squeezed his arm and looked up at him, "Ah missed you," she repeated.

Bobby: "That'd be the weirdest threesome Rome's ever seen," he said, shaking his head with a snort." They walked toward a cross street and he looked down at the squeeze, voice softening. "I missed you, too, babe. I always miss you."

Rogue: "Ah dunno. Some o' th' ancient murals Ah saw? Hoo boy. They did some weird shit, sugah." She smiled up at him, then laid her head on his shoulder as they walked. "Same goes. Always. Maybe Ah could fly us there sometime so y' could be with me next time."

Bobby: "It's been a long time since I've been flying. That'd be great, babe." He grinned when she rested her head on him, then he nearly tripped when a man with a large camera popped out from the cross street, snapping pictures and calling Rogue's name. "The fuck, dude!" He held out his hand trying to block the lens.

Rogue: Rogue was startled, but pulled Bobby back. "Just... Hi, we're tryin' t' get t' dinner, so if y' could..." He wasn't moving and was continuing to take pictures. The flash was blinding and completely unnecessary. "Maybe we should go flyin' right now."

Bobby: "This is some bullshit," he said with a frown, his fist balling up as he stepped forward. "Imma give you to the count of now to stop or kiss your camera goodbye." The guy kept clicking and he raised his hand, ready to freeze the thing in place.

Rogue: "Bobby, stop!" Rogue grabbed his hand and hovered to be eye level with him, putting her back to the camera man so that Bobby could only see her. "Please, stop. He's just a jackass with a camera an' y're already on edge. Y'd regret it t'morrow."

Bobby: Bobby stopped, but only because Anna was in the way now. He met her eyes and sighed. "Not like he doesn't deserve it," he said while the dick kept clicking away. He did step back, but then moved to the side to keep getting shots of her trying to talk him down.

Bobby: Bobby shot the guy a murderous look and then took Anna's arm, turning to cross the street, even if he had to freeze the traffic on the road to get them across.

Rogue: Rogue herself gave the guy a glare, but let Bobby drag her along. "Bobby," she was worried and not a little irritated. "Th' hell was that about?"

Bobby: He paused at the crosswalk and they got lucky and were able to go across the street. Behind them, the photographer was still clicking away but didn't seem to be following them. "Fuckin' paparazzi. You shouldn't haveta deal with 'em."

Rogue: "Even if it weren't f'r Tony, it ain't like it's a secret who we are. We're X-Men, sugah. Kinda comes with th' territory now." They rounded a corner and Rogue pulled him to a stop when she saw they were alone. "Ah'm sorry. Ah wish Ah could shield y' from all o' this. Ah know it's eatin' y' alive. Maybe we should just go back t' th' asylum."

Bobby: Bobby grumbled, jaw still set until she stopped them. He took a quick look around and sighed. They were right next to the restaurant now. "No, you're right, I overreacted." He made a face. "Kinda. Still shouldn't be popping out like that and invading our personal space and shit." Taking a deep breath, he took her hand. "No. We should be able to have a nice fuckin' dinner, so we're gonna try."

Rogue: "People do that whether y' famous'r a nobody'r somewhere in between." She gave his hand a small squeeze and chewed on her bottom lip. "Ah'm so happy t' see you that Ah don't care if we get a dinner'r not."
Bobby: "I'm happy to see you too, babe." He tugged her hand to draw her closer. "And I wanna take you out for a great late birthday dinner." Raising his other hand, he traced her white stripe. "C'mon on, we've got a table inside." Luckily.

Rogue: Rogue's nose wrinkled in joy as he toyed with her hair. "F'r th' first time in mah life, Ah wish Ah was a telepath." She knew he could likely see in her eyes what she wanted to say and do, since they had a connection that no telepath could get because of their past, but she wanted to be able to tell him and show him. "Let's go eat, then."

Bobby: "Wish you were a telepath, huh?" He licked his lips, his gaze traveling over her face and settling on her mouth. Bobby swallowed, eyes flicking back to her eyes. "Not sure we need that power, babe." On impulse, he leaned in and kissed her cheek.

Rogue: She closed her eyes and leaned her face into his lips, turning just enough to catch his cheek with her own mouth. "We never did, but still wish Ah could show y' things." He was showing her all kinds of things in her head now, but she couldn't reciprocate and it was going to drive her mad.

Bobby: "You show me plenty, Anna." His eyes stayed open, still scanning the area for snoops. "Love you, Dollface," he whispered, then straightened before their kiss became awkwardly long.

Rogue: A line of frost ran down her spine at his words and she smiled, "Love you, too, Bugsy." She looked up at him and took a deep breath. "Gonna need some alone time t'night. Good thing Tony's back in DC f'r a few days."

Bobby: Bobby gave her a knowing smirk and took back her hand to lead her inside the restaurant. They were quickly seated, luckily away from any windows, after Bobby's pointed suggestion to the maitre d. He pulled out Anna's chair for her when they arrived.

Rogue: Rogue gave him a curious look at the gesture, but appreciated it all the same. "Not one o' th' guys anymore, huh," she teased. "Not since y' been doin' what y' showed me outside, anyway?"

Bobby: "Hey, I have manners. My mom paid good money for those classes." He grinned at her expression, then nearly missed his own chair. Outside. Right. Bobby cleared his throat, rewinding his solo activities from last night. "That's absolutely right," he said, meeting her eyes and deciding to own it.

Rogue: She enjoyed that not only did she cause him to misstep but then that he completely admitted it out loud. It was extremely sexy but she tried to keep that off of her face since there were people around now. "Good t' know. By th' way... What y' were thinkin' 'bout?" Rogue took a moment to put her napkin in her lap, drawing out the space between her phrases so that he would be sure to be paying attention. "Ah'm better'n that," she whispered.

Bobby: Bobby's throat was suddenly dry and he reached for the glass of water on the table to take a drink, very nearly frosting the glass in his distraction. His voice dropped, gone a little rough. "I'm countin' on that, babe."

Rogue: Rogue flushed and looked down at the menu that had been set in front of her when they had been seated. "Ah like that," she said softly. "That y' think 'bout me. Ah prob'ly shouldn't, but Ah do."

Bobby: He caught her pink cheeks and swallowed. So gorgeous, and into him. It was still a shock. "It's always you," he said. "I can't help it." Bobby chuckled a little, glancing around the room, but none of the other diners were paying them any attention.

Rogue: "Was it ever me b'fore y' knew?" Her eyes flicked up to meet his. "B'fore mah text, Ah mean. 'Cause... Sometimes it was you f'r me. B'fore Ah realized things. Y'd just... pop int' mah head an' everythin' just kinda... Felt better?"

Rogue: Rogue made a face at her wording. It was hard talking in code without talking in code.

Bobby: Bobby's eyebrows rose in surprise. "I'm glad I felt better," he said, shifting a little in the chair, because goddamn. "Yeah, of course, sometimes. Generally followed by guilt, but... in the moment? Fuck yeah."

Rogue: Rogue pulled off her gloves and reached out for his water glass, putting the tip of her finger on the rim, sending frost crystals around the edge and down the outside until it was even with the water level. "Just th' tip..." She took her hand back, "o' mah finger c'n do so much."

Bobby: His eyes were riveted to what she was doing to the glass, the tiny ice crystals dancing at her command. He didn't think he'd ever seen his powers look so sexy before. When she withdrew, his eyes snapped to hers and he blew out a long breath. "Babe..."

Rogue: "Maybe Ah c'n show y' things without bein' a telepath after all," she smirked. "Or at least give y' things t' think 'bout later... Like Ah know Ah will be doin'."

Bobby: Bobby reached across the table for her bare hand and mimicked her trick, running his fingertips over the back of her hand, tracing the delicate bones. "Well then, later, you can think about what my fingers could do in place of yours."

Rogue: Rogue hissed at the cold, and grinned at him. "Best idea Ah've heard in a while," she said softly and turned her hand over to frost his palm with her fingers.

Bobby: His powers were, by definition, not hot, but they were fucking scorching right now. Bobby took her hand in his, looking into her eyes, imagining everything they could do, that he would do, if they were alone, and if things were different.

Rogue: Rogue bit her lip while she met his eyes, his fantasies playing in her brain like a movie, and she had to struggle to not pull him across the table towards her. It was bad enough that a soft moan had left her. "Bobby," she whispered in warning, though without any desire for him to stop.

Bobby: He thought he heard her make a quiet noise and swallowed, hard. "Anna," he replied, still picturing them, still lost in the moment.

Bobby: At that moment, the waiter returned, saw his customers sharing what looked like a very personal moment, and turned tail.

Bobby: Bobby looked up at the waiter and pulled his hand back with a muffled curse. They were in public, dumbass. They were in public and people had already been snapping pictures of her.

Bobby: Running his hand through his hair, he blew out a long breath and met her eyes again. "Sorry, babe..."

Rogue: Rogue's heart sank and she put her head in her hands for a moment while she tried to regain some form of control before trying to figure out how to solve any problems that had arisen. "Shit." She blew out a huff of air and sat back up, "Tony knows we're havin' dinner t'gether. He knows we're close. It should be fine. Our relationship has always looked weird t' outsiders."

Bobby: "Yeah... I think we both know now there was always a reason for that." Bobby decided to take a drink from that frosty water glass to cool off, glancing around the restaurant again. He didn't see anyone watching, but who knew?

Rogue: "Now, sure. Ah guess it's good we didn't b'fore in a way. 'Cause then this'd be real bad." Not that it wasn't bad enough already. She cleared her throat and straightened her posture a bit. "This is so new... F'r both o' us. Knowin' what we know now an' mah public presence. Maybe... Maybe we shouldn't be out right now?"

Bobby: Bobby sat straighter in the chair and opened the menu. "We can do this. We're just celebrating your birthday. We can do that, right?" He glanced up at her, which he regretted because she was still pink and fuck she was gorgeous. "We can... behave."

Rogue: That was a loaded question and it was made all the harder to answer when she met his eyes and saw the images in her head that she knew he was replaying in his own. "Mah birthday." There were so many things she wanted to do with him to celebrate. "What did y' do on th' actual day?" Maybe some real conversation would help. And if she weren't looking at him would also help, so she dropped her eyes to look over the menu.

Bobby: Wait, she already knew the answer to that question. They'd touched. A lot. Not as much as he wished they would, but still. Bobby gave her a puzzled look, but decided to play along. "I had a meeting with Fury. Since Hope is off being Hope I'm being reassigned until she decides to come back. Gotta guard James Rhodes since the Osborn loonies have been chattering about eliminating the competition."

Rogue: Rogue suddenly went pale. "Ah, um. Ah must've missed that when relivin' that week. Or ignored it. F'r several reasons." Her throat was dry and she picked up her water as well. "Maybe that's not th' best idea?"

Bobby: He looked back up from the menu. "You tell Nick Fury that, babe. I'm reassigned." Bobby licked his lips and gave her a faint smile. "I'll hang with Heather, stay professional. We can do that, right?" He had his own doubts about it, and watching her and Tony up close would suck ass, but hey.

Rogue: "We're havin' trouble doin' that right now..." This was awful news. "Bobby, Ah don't wanna see y' hurtin' an' Ah also cain't act different when Ah'm with Tony."

Bobby: He gave a half shrug. "I can stay iced up, that makes it easier." Pretending to read the menu, he went on. "Besides, Tony and Rhodes aren't together that much, and mostly just for official functions."

Rogue: "But when they are... An' now that Ah've been seen by th' entire world, when Tony's with Rhodey, Ah'm gonna hafta be there, too." Rogue made a displeased noise and tried to figure out what she wanted to eat, but all she wanted to do was go home with Bobby and forget everything else. "Ah don't want y' t' lose y'self 'cause o' me, Bugs."

Bobby: "It's not that I lose myself, babe. I've been working iced up for years. It just puts everything... at a distance." He picked something at random from the menu and looked for the waiter. "Look at it this way, babe. Between me, you, and Heather, the White House is gonna be the safest place around."

Rogue: He had a point there and she sighed, looking up just as the waiter walked by. She waved for him. "Safest an' maybe most awkward in th' history o' th' country." Rogue looked at Bobby while the waiter was headed over. "When do y' start?"

Bobby: "I'm technically still on leave, so I start in two weeks." He gave the waiter a smile and waited for Anna to order before giving the man his order as well. "I mean, I'm not saying it won't be awkward, but we can do it."

Rogue: "So, that gives us two weeks t' go to another rally t' figure things out with th' senator." The waiter left. "An' how t' behave..."

Bobby: "Senator crazy ass, right. Do we really have to get that close to the Osborn cult? I think I can still smell the beer sweat from the last one." He made a face.

Rogue: "Maybe not? Maybe we c'n figure out another way t' get close t' her without th' crazy masses." She made a face and looked around, glad people were still seeming to leave them alone. "Especially after th' European debut Ah didn't know Ah'd made."

Bobby: "Yeeeeaaaah, we would definitely need to get you a wig to wade into one of those crowds again. Maybe a rubber nose. Or a fat suit?" He gave her a smirk, stopping himself from looking her over.

Rogue: That managed to make her laugh, "Maybe all three. Hire a professional make-up team t' completely change mah look. Turn me int' trailor trash faster'n y' c'n say hashtag-team-osborn."

Bobby: "There you go. They can do me too. I can wear a wife beater and a flag diaper and blend right in."

Rogue: Rogue stopped listening after 'wife beater' because all she could picture were his arms and she didn't want to spoil that thought with the horrible things she knew would be coming next. "Mmhmm. Suns out, guns out."

Bobby: "Fuck ya, bra," he said, channeling his best inner brosky. She looked kinda distant though so he wasn't sure his joke would land. She was probably picturing Tony draped in a flag or something.

Rogue: His weird change of accent shook her from her daze, but then her eyes traveled to his arms. Sadly covered by a shirt, but at least it was taught enough to see some of the outline of things. "Don't ruin it," she said with a laugh.

Bobby: "Always," he laughed, then noticed she seemed to be checking him out. Nice. Or his shirt was hideous. One or the other. He picked at the collar.

Rogue: Rogue blinked when his hand moved up to the collar. Oh. "Sorry. Didn't mean t' stare. Ah just... Was imaginin' guns," she made eye contact with him and gave a small smile.

Bobby: His eyes widened a little and he laughed, then flexed his arm a bit as he unbuttoned the top button on his shirt. "Guns, huh? Arms dealers are a definite problem in the world today."

Rogue: Rogue shifted in her seat and licked her lips. "It's a little warm, huh?" The waiter came over and set their plates down, offering to turn on a fan. "No, thank y'. Ah'll be alright." Shit.

Bobby: He couldn't help but grin, turning the expression to his plate to stop from laughing at Anna's face. "Sorry," he said when the waiter was gone. He was not sorry.

Rogue: "Ah'm so sure," she narrowed her eyes a little. "Y' enjoy torturin' me. Give y' fodder f'r later, Ah'll bet." Gave her some, too, if she were being honest with herself.

Bobby: "Babe, believe me, I'm still more than a little surprised that it is any kinda torture." He dropped the napkin in his lap and reached for the silverware.

Rogue: "If Ah could show y' what y've shown me... Y'd not be surprised anymore." She smiled at him. "Even if Ah didn't find y' so sexy," Rogue made sure her voice was soft enough to not be overheard, "everythin' we've been through an' that y've been there f'r me 'bout...? It just makes sense."

Bobby: She found him sexy! Bobby felt himself flushing a little, even though he sort of knew that already. Still, this time she was sober. He looked back up to meet her eyes. "It does make sense," he said quietly. "We make sense. It's just.... the waiting is killin' me."

Rogue: "Ah know, Bobby. Ah'm so sorry. It's painful f'r me, too." She gave him a sad smile. "Ah wanna be able t' kiss y' in public an' not care who sees."

Bobby: "After the election," he said softly, blowing out a long breath and taking a bite of the food. He still wasn't sure what he ordered, but it smelled good and seemed pasta-y.

Rogue: "Ah cain't wait." She twirled her noodles, but her eyes were all for him. "No guilt th' next mornin."

Bobby: Well, probably a little guilt, because he still had the divorce to deal with... "No guilt sounds great," he agreed, then gave her a nod and a smile. "So, until then."

Rogue: "Until then, we use our imagination an' toss ideas back an' forth. Just like two best friends an' co-workers'd do. Right?" Rogue slowly pulled a noodle into her mouth.

Bobby: His eyes dropped to her mouth and he stopped chewing. Speak, Drake. "Right," he agreed, voice coming out rough.

Rogue: The rasp in his voice caused her breath to hitch and she had to focus on something else for a moment. What she really wanted to do was take him by the collar and fly them through the ceiling of the restaurant so high that no one could see them anymore. "We should go flyin' soon," she reminded him. "Maybe not all th' way t' Italy, but... Up."

Bobby: "Oh, I'm down for up, babe." He said, clearing his throat. At this rate, they were never going to make it through dinner.

Rogue: "Carol still scared o' me?"

Bobby: Bobby very nearly choked on his pasta at that, coughing in surprise. "Babe."

Rogue: That wasn't the reaction she thought that would get and her eyebrows went up. "Y' okay there, Bugsy?"

Bobby: "I'm fine. Carol's not staying at HQ anymore so I'd say so. She thinks you're gonna bad touch her."

Rogue: "So then she won't be around t' stop us from goin' flyin'." Rogue aimlessly picked at the food on her plate, mind on other things.

Bobby: "Well, true, but I don't think she'd try to stop us anyway," he said, watching her not eat while he shoveled in another bite. "Don't like it?"

Rogue: "Huh? Oh." She laughed at herself, "Ah was just distracted. No, it's really good. Y' wanna try some?" Rogue took a bite and then put more on the fork for him, holding it out in offering.

Bobby: He started to lean in, then remembered where they were and looked around. "I think I'll pass, babe, considering."

Rogue: Oh, right. She turned the handle for him to take the fork from her. "There. Not like Tony doesn't already know we eat an' drink after each other. Hell, he knows we've napped almost naked t'gether."

Bobby: Bobby's brows rose as he took the fork. "He knows about that? It's a wonder I didn't end up divorced that time."

Rogue: "Lorna was always a li'l more understandin'... Ah'm surprised Sam let us ever be alone again. But that was kinda... Not us at th' same time as it was us."

Bobby: Bobby took the bite and then stabbed a bit of his own pasta to pass the fork back to Anna. "So... do you think that was the start of it? The bee flu? Or was it already there? Between us?"

Rogue: Rogue took the fork and put the bite in her mouth while she contemplated. It was a good question. And one they probably should have asked at the beginning of this fiasco, but emotions were so high... "Ah think there was chemistry. Trust. Somethin' th' bee flu knew it could exploit. Otherwise, Darren wouldn't've infected both of us, y' know? Or at least not so close t'gether. Th' hive was smart. It knew weak points. An' points that could make it strong.

Bobby: "Yeah, I somehow... I just always knew I could trust you. With anything, and everything." He paused to take another bite. "You helped me get Lorna back, you were a good friend to a sad sack of shit. I'll always appreciate that, babe." He nodded, trying not to think terribly hard about what they'd done as part of the hive. "Maybe we should thank the bees for seeing something we didn't."

Rogue: She smiled softly at him. "We've always been a formidable duo, sugah. Bugsy an' Dollface f'rever. Ah'll never f'rget that' first Halloween. Didn't even plan it." Rogue broke apart some of the bread and took a bite of it while she reminisced. "Th' bees knew. Hell, th' whole school knew. We shoulda known."

Bobby: Bobby returned the smile, wanting nothing more than to reach back across the table and take her hand. "Yeah, we shoulda." He licked his lips and shifted, reaching into his pocket and producing a small velvet box. "I was gonna wait until after dinner, but this seems like a perfect time." He slid the box across the table. "Happy birthday, Dollface."

Rogue: Rogue stilled at the sight of the box and her eyes flicked up to his. "What's this?" She didn't think she could handle a ring and he wasn't even divorced yet. "Ah thought dinner was mah present." She did have to admit that she was kind of excited by the idea of him getting her jewelry, no matter what was in the box.

Bobby: His eyebrow went up when she froze in place, no ice powers required. "Dinner is part of your present, this is the other part." Bobby gestured for her to open the box. "Go on, it's not gonna bite ya."

Rogue: She chuckled and set her fork down slowly, then picked up the box. Okay, it was a little bigger than a standard ring box, so that made her feel a little better. Rogue glanced up at him before opening it. "Is this somethin' y' would get y' best friend o' forever or somethin' y'd get y' girl?

Bobby: Bobby scratched at his head, suddenly nervous if she'd like it. "Kinda both?"

Rogue: "Just wanted t' make sure Ah shouldn't be openin' it in private." Rogue slowly opened the lid and gasped. "Oh, Bobby." Inside the box was a pair of gorgeous art deco drop earrings adorned with diamond chips and emerald cut emeralds as the show-piece jewel at the bottom. "They're breathtakin'. Ah love them."

Bobby: "The box is a little small for lingerie," he laughed, then took a deep breath as she opened the lid. Bobby watched her face light up and did a little internal dance. Score one for Drake. "I'm glad. I thought they matched your eyes." He licked his lips and went on. "They're replicas... of earrings Bugsy Siegal gave to his girlfriend Virginia Hill." He shrugged one shoulder, giving her a soft smile. "Seems appropriate."

Rogue: That melted her heart and put the present so far above Europe. Her eyes got hot and she looked up at him, a little choked up. "They're perfect, Bugsy." Rogue really wished she could kiss him right now, but instead, she reached out for his hand. "They mean th' world t' me. An' so do you."

Bobby: Those emerald eyes of hers looked a little watery now and he had a moment of worry if it was happy tears or the other one. "I'm happy you like them," he finally said, taking her hand across the table. "You too, Dollface."

Rogue: Rogue held his hand and his eyes for probably a little longer than she should have, but it was better than kissing him and telling him she loved him where the whole world would be able to see and hear. The first thing she did when she took her hand back was to take out her gold hoops and start taking the Bugsy earrings out of the box. "Europe was amazin', y' know. But Ah gotta say, Iceland's got better history."

Bobby: Bobby watched her take out her earrings and replace them with his and felt himself puff up a little. To cover, he took another bite and watched her. He nearly swallowed wrong when her words sank in. "Ha! Babe... that's... Iceland does have a lotta history, for sure."

Rogue: "Th' locals there really love their history, y' know. Lotta love f'r that place." She set her hoops in the box and looked up at him, shaking her hair back off her shoulders so he could have a good view of Virginia Hill's earrings. "Whaddya think?"

Bobby: "They have elves and... everything." He shook his head at his own idiocy and then bit down on his lower lip when he saw her. He wanted to touch her hair, to hold it in his fist and kiss her hard, to leave here with her and- "Beautiful, Dollface."

Rogue: Rogue saw the look in his eyes and felt her heart thundering in her chest. "Ah love them" she repeated, hoping he would know she loved more than just the gift, mirroring his facial expression by biting her own lip.

Bobby: Bobby reached back across the table for her hand, damn everyone else and what they thought. "Me too, Anna," he whispered.

Rogue: She took his hand and stroked the back of it with her thumb, wishing things were easier, wondering why timing had never worked for them. That was a topic for another day, though. For right now, she just wanted to enjoy the night with Bobby. She kissed the fingertips of her other hand and reached across the table for his cheek. "T'night's perfect."

Bobby: Leaning his cheek into her hand, he held her eyes and smiled. "I agree, babe." In some ways, the most important ways, it was perfect, even if he couldn't show her exactly how he felt.