Uncanny X-Men General Discussion Reload

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Here's the place to discuss the post-Reloaded Uncanny and the transitionary issues leading into it. (Which are coming out RIGHT NOW)

Enjoy!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Thanks Crawler I was slothing this weekend and didn't get these updated threads put up :p
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Speaking of the transitory issues... Did anyone else wish there was more of the Lorna, Wanda, and Pietro conversation in there? I was waiting for this very thing, and we only got the slightest glimpse!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by scheherazade
Speaking of the transitory issues... Did anyone else wish there was more of the Lorna, Wanda, and Pietro conversation in there? I was waiting for this very thing, and we only got the slightest glimpse!

I'm sure there will be future conversations between the trio. :)
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**I'm sure there will be future conversations between the trio. :)
Positively. But that doesn't keep me from being very impatient! *g*
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

:LOL YES!!!!!!! I love Wanda and Pietro especially and even Lorna is starting to grow on me. I will try my pesty best to weedle that Claremont guy into giving us more of the mavelous Mags offspring, though I think he'd either have to borrow Lorna from Chuck, or Chuck would have to score some quality time with the twins :naughty I also want to see Their opinions on Charles Xavier and his plans for Genosha in the Excalibur series :D

I liked Uncanny much better than New . But I thought that Wolvie was pretty over the top, even though he had just lost Jeanie.

EDIT~ Recently, Claremont has teased the readers over on ComiX-Fan with the statement that in the next issue of X-Trreme #45, Gambit is going to be "Shot through the heart"...okie-dokie, but since he is supposed to be a star member of the X-Men title, he has to be playing with words, or something...:smirk

And just now, he made mention that if we, the readers, thought that Remy being shot was rough, just wait til we see what Sage does to Wolverine (and others) in Uncanny #446...ya know...he is enjoying himself WAAAAAAYYYYY too much :P
Panz

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

No kidding...Look at that bad guy in #446! http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... nny446.htm
Now that sure looks like a rought time ahead for Wolvie & co. That looks like The Fury, an old captain Britain baddie (out of Alan Moore & Alan Davis old Cap Britain series). And one of the most frightening things ever put onto a comic page, if you ask me.
I hope they get this right!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Yes ! At last, the Fury is back. I agree with you : he's really impressive in the old Cap Britain series. It's not tht first time that Chris Claremont uses Alan Moore's characters. He allready wrote Merlyn, Roma, the Crazy gang,...
Oh Gosh oh golly oh wow ! :widget
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I think Claremont using them then and now had a LOT to do with Alan Davis... they are ALL Davis designs.... I mean. yeah. they are Alan Moore characters, too. I just somehow think we wouldn't be seeing them if Davis wasn't there. they only ever show up if he draws them.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Looks like we have another Sage is been taken over by the bad guy thing in #446 :p But Sage makes such a hot bad girl/good girl.
Panz

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

the 'thing' is The Fury. 'A Cybiote, an unstoppable amalgam of flesh and metal' it's VERY tough. threw around fully powered Brian as Captain Britain and the Captain Britain Corps around like a rag doll. people hurled tanks, missiles etc at it and it kept coming back. if it is damaged, so long as a part of it remains it can rebuild itself learning from the previous encounter to make itself tougher...
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Yeah , I know and I'm hot to see what happens this time. Sage can calculate and make probability adjustments to what Fury is going to hurl at us this time, so she would be all important to take out first. It could be a good story. I've wanted to see this particular villain for a while now.

I kind of want to see how Sage and Nighty work as a team...should be interesting :LOL
Panz

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Be very afraid X-men! I wonder what it will take to kill it this time. If Claremont cops out of it I'll be really pissed...
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

doesn't that kind of sound like the phalanx, what with it being able to rebuild, "flesh and metal" and whatnot...?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

sorta... maybe. not really though. but this came before that. early 80's. and does not resemble the Phalanx at all.
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

Reading Bios, the Fury doesnt really seem to be the kind of person to start mind controlling people to do his dirty work for him.... and i hope he doesnt make Sage his queen.
He does seem a rather intriquing villain though, so itl be interesting to see what hes capable of doing in uncanny.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Oh yeah, it's true the Moore/Davis creations only show up when Alan Davis comes back to the X-universe. I hope we'll see Merlyn, Roma... and the Crazy Gang, too !

The Crazy Gang versus the X-Men. How much fun would that be ! :LOL
Well, I guess the :fury is A LITTLE more frightening ! ;) -off-topic : Yeees ! New smilies !! :bamf

Do you all think Chris Claremont will start a Kurt/Ororo relationship this time ? I remember he mentioned this idea when X2 was released.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
msgt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by msgt »

There are first look previews up for Claremont's and Davis' first Uncanny issue! They are up at both pop culture shock and comics continuum.

Anyhow the thing that really stood out to me was Rachel's name change! She is called Rachel Grey!

Its seemingly to me that Rachel is obviously a Jean Replacement. It makes me wonder how long Jean is going to be away from the books.

I think Rachel's new hair resembles X2 Jean's hair (from the team cover pic we've seen).

Davis' Nightcrawler is awesome even though we only see him in the previews on that one page (a page we've seen previewed before).

I also liked how Emma and Rachel looked.

I admit I don't care much for Claremont's writing (especially the dialogue) but I have interest in the issue and the art.

I love the cover too. :)

Mike
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Originally posted by msgt
Anyhow the thing that really stood out to me was Rachel's name change! She is called Rachel Grey!
More fuel for those who say she's not really Cyke's daughter?
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I have a question. I subscribed to Uncanny a while ago, and we just got our first issue, saying that Excalibur was the next issue. Are we Uncanny-subscribers going to be receiving Uncanny or Excalibur?
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by scheherazade
Originally posted by msgt
More fuel for those who say she's not really Cyke's daughter?
Or maybe it's to lessen the confusion of the newbies? How many of the students could get their heads around her origin? I was there for it and I still find it all pretty hard to believe...

:newangel "So...how is it that teenaged girl that looks just like your dead wife has your name, hmmm?"

:cyke "Well...you see..."

:beak "And YOU lectured us about being irresponsible..."

:newangel "Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!"

:cyke "It isn't like that! She's my daughter from an alternate future timeline who travelled back to our time to prevent her time from ever happening, which she did, and now she's stuck here..."

:newangel "Pull the other one!"

:nocturne "It's true...this kind of thing happens all the time..."

:beak "Who are you?"

:nocturne "I'm Nightcrawler's daughter from an alternate reality..."

:newangel "Yeah...right..."

:nocturne "Look...this world's Nightcrawler is only six years older than me...you really think he was irresponisible at that age?"

:beak "I think I need to go lie down for a while..."
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

:yell
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/r ... 781392.htm
I mean, what ever happened to balanced journalism? He hasn't even seen the issue yet!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Originally posted by Elwing
I mean, what ever happened to balanced journalism? He hasn't even seen the issue yet!
He didn't even get the X-Statix 5-part arc right...ho hum. It's not a 3-parter, sir, but I do agree that it's great.

Well, here's to hoping I get to see some Kurt...
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Elwing
I just got my copy and I have really been anticipating this issue.

This guy has no idea what he's talking about. It launched fairly quickly into action and moved throughout. My favorite part [spoiler]was the danger room scene with Kurt, Logan and Ororo taking on several Sentinels. I loved seeing these three in action together again[/spoiler]

Huzzah!! I'm not posting any more until more people get to read it. :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

OMG:shocked

FInally happy mutants... No repressed priest; no over sexed Kurt; Just a happy Kurt who is happy because he's Kurt...

I was really depressed after reading uncanny towards the end.... it was just so sad to see so much angst.... No the Happy is back. Happy Mutants!Happy Mutants!Happy Mutants!Happy Mutants!

Though there is still the necessary tension... Don't mistake my comments to mean they turned the X-men into Care bears.

There was stuff that was left out of the previews issue that was released last month. So make sure to read cover to cover... if you skip some of the beginning you will miss some really cool stuff :)