Christmas 2010: Rachel and Josh

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Felicia: She frowned as she flipped through the channels. This house was booooring. For a college filled with super-people, there weren't a lot of them around. Some whack job was in the kitchen when Neena was making her macaroni and cheese talking to eggs with magic-marker faces, but that was as strange as she had seen.

Felicia: She could see remnants of her brothers activities on the ceiling though. Webbing was in almost every corner. "That must get annoying..." she said out loud, curling up into the couch and wondering why it smelt of perfume... and something else she didn't recognize.

rachel: Rachel slipped into the rec room from the patio and let out a breath at how much warmer if was inside compared to outside. She pushed her hood down and raked a hand through her hair, stuffing her cell phone in a pocket. She blinked at the girl sitting on the couch. Was she supposed to know her?

Felicia: Felicia stretched her arms out and yawned. Where was he? Her phone suddenly vibrated on the cushion beside her the song "Hum Hallelujah" rang out throughout the room. Answering it quickly she smiled at the voice. "Oh hey Ben!... uh-huh... yeah okay. I'm here. Don't worry Neena's taking care of me, she went to get ready for some party or something." Ben could be heard swearing on the other end. "Forgot what? Who's Rachel?"

Felicia: "Oh okay... alright... I'll see you here!" She clicked the phone off and turned the volume back up.

rachel: She blinked again at her name, chewing on her lip for a few moments before announcing, "I'm Rachel..." That must be her replacement...

Felicia: Jumping she turned around. "Oh! Oh hi!" She waved excitedly. "You're Rachel?! Okay, so you're the one Neena told me about. And the reason Ben keeps saying 'don't let me forget to get her birthday present'." She got up offered a cushion where the phone had been. "Happy Birthday, if it's not too late."

rachel: Great. More birthday stuff that she didn't need. "Uh... last I checked that was my name..." Rachel moved to take a seat, "It's today... so, um, thanks..." She was... well, nice...

Felicia: "Oh cool! I'm Ben's sister, Felicia, by the way!" She shook her hand and then turned down the TV. "You know Ben told me there was interesting people here but so far it was just a guy talking to an egg..."

rachel: "I figured..." The fact that she'd been just talking to Ben gave it away. Well, and if she actually paid attention to her telepathy, the girl's mind was kinda similiar to Ben's. She shrugged, "Yeah, it's break, so people are off doing whatever."

Felicia: "Ah, yeah we're on break too. I haven't made a lot of new friends yet at my school so Ben's been trying to make time to hang out with me." She shrugged. "I'm trying really hard but it's not easy. No one likes the new blond girl."

rachel: She'd definitely noticed Ben hadn't talked to her for a while. Like, since he met her... And, what exactly was she supposed to say to that? Something nice, she supposed. "I'm sure you'll make friends eventually..."

Felicia: "Yeah... Ben keeps saying that too..." She shrugged. "Oh! Did you see the new High School Musical! Reunion? I'm so angry they changed some of the actors, but the songs are better than the third one..."

rachel: Rachel opened her mouth and closed it again. How was she even related to Ben? That was like complete opposite of punk... She pulled her phone out of her pocket as it vibrated and checked the text, shaking her head, "Never seen any of them."

Felicia: "Oh. They're really good, you should totally check them out! Ohmigod! I can bring them over some night and we can watch them all! Ben said you'd have to nail him to a couch, but Neena says she has ways to make him sit. And I'll be honest, I think that means sex, but I'm not sure."

rachel: "I'd have to agree with Ben. I'd rather have my eyes gouged out..." she sent a reply and closed the phone, not bothering to stuff it back in her pocket since he'd answer anyway. "That'd be one way that I'd really wish I'd never thought about now. I'm thinking she'd more theaten to cut him off from sex though, and that's not something I want to think about either."

Felicia: "Wow... that's ... wow." She shook her head. "I don't know if i want to think of that now that you're saying it.... I don't like this image I'm getting." She gave a nervous half-smile that was almost remarkably identical to Ben's.

rachel: "Yeah," Rachel made a face and checked the phone, repressing a grin. Maybe Felicia wasn't that bad... but... Ben wasn't talking to her, and she definitely hadn't done anything that she could think of. They'd just started getting along again when he found out about her... "So... you haven't met anyone else here?"

Felicia: "Neena, Ben. Rogue once, and some guy named Bobby and another guy named Sam." She shrugged. "Oh, and a gold guy! He was cute. I hope he's young, I totally have a crush on him..." She looked at Rachel's phone. "Who're you texting?"

rachel: She took a deep breath. Ben most likely would not approve of her hitting his sister, sadly. Plus, it was stupid to be jealous. She was like five years younger. Yeah, that thought still didn't help the slight irritation. "The golden guy," she answered, glad she'd managed to keep the same tone she'd been using throughout the conversation.

Felicia: "Yeah?" Felicia said nodding. "The cute one!?" If she was in an anime her eyes would begin to form a heart.

rachel: Rachel inwardly cringed and nodded, trying to think of how exactly to reply. She couldn't really disagree with the girl. He was cute... "Yeah, he wanted to know if I'd be around later to hang out for our anniversary..."

Neena: ((felicia just got told))

Felicia: "Oh you guys are celebrating the anniversary of the school?!" She said. "Or like... are you french and that's how you say birthday?" She blinked. "You don't sound french..."

rachel: She hit send and closed the phone, blinking in return. Seriously? How did she not get that hint? Though... the poor thing was related to Ben... "Uh, no. I'm from New York." Rachel ran a hand through her hair, "Josh is my boyfriend. We've been together for two years."

Felicia: "Oh wow! You're so lucky!" She did a little dance in her cushion. "How kyoooooot! I want a mutant boyfriend!"

rachel: "Yeah, I am..." Rachel settled on that since the next thing out of her mouth would most likely be along the lines of finding a boy that wasn't gold and hers.

Felicia: "You know what Ben told me the other day!?"

rachel: She was almost afraid to ask, "What?"

Felicia: "He said he didn't love anyone in the world as much as he loved Neena! And I bet you feel that way with Golden-Guy too!" She giggled and hugged her knees. "He said there's only one other person in the school who came close, but he wouldn't tell me. Told me he wasn't having an affair though, so I didn't need to worry about that."

Felicia: "I think it's that sexy Rogue girl I met. Ben was trying not to look at her but I think he realized he was and stopped."

rachel: How had Ben and Neena been putting up with this? "Yeah, I guess I do," Rachel bit down on her lip to keep from saying that it was Rogue. She really hoped she hadn't been like this when she was that age. She was fairly sure she hadn't been, considering she'd gotten her powers, but still.

Felicia: "I hope the two of us get a strong relationship, Ben and I. So I can be like, Oh my God, if you don't stop touching me I'll sic my big brother on you!" She punched a pillow. "And he'll be like 'It's clobbering time!' and smash his face in! And then all the other girls will be all 'Oh, he's so cute!' and I'll go 'Hey butt faces! That's my brother and he's married and has a kid! Find someone else!'" She flashed Rachel a crooked smile.

Felicia: "That's what I want. Oh, and I sort of want to be a mutant... but my dad isn't one so I don't think it's that likely..."

rachel: Rachel shook her head. Her and Ben already had a decent relationship. He'd already about killed people for her, and luckily she didn't have to worry about the crush thing. Everyone here already knew he was taken. "Eh, it's not all that great sometimes no matter what power you end up with."

Felicia: "I want the ability to teleport!" She said clapping. "Or like... To turn into animals! Like Beast Boy!"

rachel: Teleporting... It reminded her of Wagner, and how she always ended up hurling after practicing with him. Shapeshifting just made her think of Meggan or Alex. "Think I'd stick with my telepathy and teke." She just couldn't imagine having any other powers.

Felicia: Suddenly the song Misery Business began to blare from her cell phone. She rolled her eyes. "Hold on... it's Cody..." She picked up and put the phone to her ear. "Hello? .... Yeah. Yes." She looked at Rachel with shifty eyes and turned away, whispering into the phone. "Friday night. My new mom leaves the door locked at night so I'll have to sneak out the window!"

Felicia: She waited for the end of his response, turning back to Rachel with a nervous smile. "That's great... bye Cody. Bye!" She hung up and chuckled.

rachel: ...Now, she was going to have that song stuck in her head for the rest of the day. Her eyebrow raised at shifty look and the sneaking out part, "Better hope you can sneak back in that window, too."

Felicia: "Oh, I can. Trust me. Ben isn't the only one who can scurry up stuff." She said with a wink. "Don't tell him, okay? I don't want him to know I'm going on a date with a senior!"

rachel: "I'd hope so. It sucks getting caught halfway back in. And, I won't." Not like she'd have the chance to tell anyway. "He'll freak out more once he finds out you've already gone out." Though, Rachel didn't really see the big deal. She'd gone out with a senior at that age...

Felicia: "Okay... cool. Thanks. And don't tell him that I've done it either, even after I have. Please. I really don't need my new brother judging me just yet..."

Felicia: Ben stepped in and waved. "You ready Felicia?" he asked. "Traffic was horrible, but I got two tickets to Fairly Odd Parents movie. They're funny enough, right?" She nodded and got up. "Nice meeting you Rachel." She said waving. Ben turned to Rae. "Oh, hey! Didn't see you! Happy birthday!"

Felicia: As Felicia went past him, he tossed Rachel a box wrapped in blue. "Don't open it 'til I'm gone!" he waved and went back out to the hall following his half-sister.

rachel: "Yeah, you too..." Oh, joy. He'd said about ten words to her. Rachel leaned back in the couch and blew out a breath, stuffing the present in her pocket once she'd removed her phone and checked her texts. She could open it later. Like, after she was done getting ready for this party Neena was throwing her.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Rachel kicked the door shut to her room and tossed the present Ben had given her on the bed as her eyes scanned the latest text from Josh. She found it slightly ridiculous that he was in his room and one of them couldn't just walk to the other's room to talk, but she supposed it was kind of like myspace. She tossed the phone once she'd replied and pulled her hoodie off, letting it drop to the floor. She'd have to clean her side of the room over break. It was starting to get too messy for her.

Moving to the stereo, she hit the power button, play, and turned the volume up, not really caring what CD was in at the moment. Sighing, she pulled out the dress Neena had bought for her and just stared at it. It was probably her least favorite out of the few she had, and it was the only one that was completely black. The only problem she had was that it was uncomfortably short. She shook her head and, unlike the other objects, carefully set it on the bed before moving over to her dresser, vaguely wondering if it was bad that she was getting used to wearing the things.

Glancing at her reflection in the mirror, Rachel let out another sigh and took out a few of the rings in each ear, leaving the industrial and lobe piercings. The barbell in her eyebrow was the next thing to go, followed by each lip ring, and finally the septum piecing. The ring in her tongue wasn't coming out.

Deciding that'd work as she looked over her reflection in the mirror, she quickly slipped out of her clothes and into the dress, glad she had telekinesis or the zipper in the back would've been impossible. Though, having someone to help her with that wouldn't have been a bad thing, except the person that came to mind wouldn't have been helping her put the dress on.

The thought reminded her of how much she didn't want to go out. She'd rather stay home and just hang out with Josh. She could get drunk with him, not that there was anything wrong with getting drunk with her friends. She just liked Josh more.

Liking Josh also reminded her of Felicia, Ben's younger sister, her replacement. Rachel scowled at the thought and adjusted the dress, still not feeling comfortable in it.

She wanted to dislike the girl intensely, and the fact that she had a crush on her boyfriend helped, except it was ridiculous for her to be jealous since Felicia was at least five years younger Josh. Though, Rachel supposed she could argue that she was twenty-one going on fifteen or sixteen with the way she acted at times. Plus, the girl was sneaking out to see some guy. She just thought Josh was cute, and Rachel couldn't really blame her. She didn't have any reason to freak out over it.

She also wanted to dislike the girl for replacing her, but that wasn't really her fault if she really thought about it. It wasn't like Felicia was trying to on purpose. That was just how it felt, and she wouldn't really blame Ben or Neena for wanting to get rid of her with the way she'd been dealing with the whole baby thing.

She ran a hand through her hair and moved back toward the mirror to mess with it some more. She needed to find a way to pull it back and making sure it still looked somewhat nice. Her makeup also needed redone, and then it'd be time to leave...

Rachel had no reason to dislike Ben's younger sibling, other than the fact that she couldn't, and she more hated herself for that.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

She keeps this up one might think Rae has a crush on Ben.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

But Felicia LOVES YOU Rachel! :cracked

And yeah wow, knowing what I know of what's to come ahead, someone *might* get that impression.

Good thing what's coming up after that will be very clear.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

rachel: Rachel slipped into her room and kicked her shoes off, glad that Neena had at least not made her wear heels. That would've been cruel. Well, not that the dress she was stuck in wasn't. She fell onto the bed, not really motivated to change out of it at that moment. Or maybe she could just curl up and go to sleep. Take a shower and change out of it in the morning. That was a tempting plan...

Josh: Josh saw Rachel heading down the hall. He followed her surreptitiously, admiring the view, until she entired the room. Outside her door, he paused and fidgeted with the small box stuffed safely in the hollow of his pocket. Alcohol-induced courage kicked in (which is more like being a bastard in a funky T-shirt to take the edge off) and he swung the door open in one purposeful movement.

rachel: She glanced over her shoulder as the door opened and raised an eyebrow, "Hope you plan on closing that." Rolling over and sitting up, Rachel crossed her legs and adjusted the dress as she eyed him.

Josh: Josh didn't move for a moment, standing in the open doorway and just eyeing Rachhel across the room. She was wearing a dress, which was riding up her legs. He'd often wondered how he'd ended up with her for a girlfriend. But thinking about it too much could end up in the good thing being taken away, so he attributed it to God-or-whatever and went with the flow.

Josh: He kicked the door shut and waddled in awkwardly. "You look pretty," he said with an equally awkward smile.

rachel: "Thanks," Rachel grinned, reaching up to pull the hair tie out and running a hand through her hair, "Could say the same about you, but I can't imagine you'd like being described as pretty."

Josh: "Ahaha... You're being clever, right?" He teetered a little before flopping on the bed beside her. Reaching out an arm, his fingers wrapped around her arm and tugged her down with him. "How was Neena.... and Neena's thing."

rachel: "I try to be. Not quite sure I succeed." She allowed herself to be pulled down and gave a half shrug, "Neena's... well, Neena. And, it was okay. Would've rather stayed here and been with you."

Josh: "Yeah..." He would have rathered she'd stayed too. Then he wouldn't have been alone with his thoughts for so long. Thoughts tended to lead him down dangerous alleyways, which often resulted in her not speaking to him and him getting smacked by half his fellow students.

Josh: His brain still felt muddled, so he decided to stall for time. "This is twice now I've seen you in a dress in a relatively short period," he said, surprising himself when he could string a coherent sentence together.

rachel: "She convinced me by saying it could be black this time and that I didn't have to wear heels," Rachel rolled her eyes. "What have you been up to?"

Josh: "Thinking," Josh admitted, touching her hair. That smelled nice.

rachel: She smirked, "You actually do that?"

Josh: "Now you're insulting me," Josh pouted, changing his petting to swatting. "I think a lot. It's nothing much to watch but behind these golden eyes there is an actual functioning brain."

rachel: Rachel caught his hand, pressing a kiss to it, "What have you been thinking about, then?"

Josh: "... Well, mostly about Ben and Neena. How happy they seem lately." Well, now that he thought about it (why was drunk thinking more effective than sober thinking?), all hadn't been perfectly perfect in their paradise, had it? But still. "And they've only been together... how long? Like a week?"

rachel: Oh god. This wasn't looking like a promising conversation already. "...Don't tell me you want a child."

Josh: "A what?" Josh stared at her dead-fish style. "A child? Who said anything about a child?"

rachel: She blinked up at him, "Well, you started off with Ben and Neena being all happy, and Neena's pregnant. What was I supposed to think?"

Josh: "I was talking about their wedding, not the baby," Josh sighed. "I just started thinking, that's really great that they think they're ready for the next step. Whereas we've been dating much longer and haven't even discussed that sort of thing."

rachel: "Oh," Rachel chewed on her lip, glad that he hadn't been talking about that, but she wasn't quite sure what to say about the other topic either.

Josh: Josh considered his next words as carefully as a drunk Josh ever could. This was Serious Business, after all. "Do you ever wonder about what it would be like?" he asked after a moment. Then he hiccupped.

rachel: She sucked in a breath and slowly let it out, "A bit, I guess. Do you?"

Josh: "Once in a while." Squirming uncomfortably, Josh sat up and shifted to the edge of the bed, his back to Rachel. "Do you think it would be good... ever?"

rachel: Rachel silently cursed as he sat up. It meant she'd have to at some point and her dress wasn't likely to cooperate. It was already short enough for the imagination. "Well, it's supposed to be a good thing, isn't it?" Though, she supposed that wasn't necessarily true. Her parents were a nice example of everything not working out.

Josh: "No, it's a conventional thing. Doesn't have to mean it's good. People get married because otherwise people will ask them 'What are you waiting for' until they grow tired of hearing it. You don't need some piece of paper to prove you're committed to each other... though I guess the tax deductions are nice," Josh amended after a pause.

rachel: "Have you been asked what you're waiting for recently, or do you just like making me uncomfortable? And, it's not like we can get some piece of paper without being registered anyway."

Josh: Josh said nothing, hunching over his knees with one clammy hand poised over his pocket. If his heart beat any faster it would leap right out through his mouth, he was sure. With shaky fingers, he pulled out the tiny box and clasped it tightly in his hands.

Josh: "Here," he mumbled. He set the box beside Rachel, then got up and wandered to her dresser, not facing her, feeling like he'd just signed his own death warrant.

rachel: Gancing between Josh and the box, Rachel hesitantly reached out to pick it up and open it. She just stared at the ring inside, almost forgetting that she had to breathe, and looked over at him again. Her hands were probably shaking as badly as his as she pulled the ring out and set the box aside while her brain tried to process everything. "Josh..." He wasn't really, was he?

Josh: "It was my grandma's," Josh croaked. "Well, or I think it was. Could have belonged to some other female relative. My aunt gave it to me and told me to keep it and use it some day."

Josh: Usually men were supposed to get down on one knee during this type of thing, weren't they? Facing the wall, he figured that would be a little difficult. Instead he leaned his fists against the wall and spoke mainly to the floor.

Josh: "I want... to give it a try. That kind of life."

rachel: Rachel turned the ring over in her fingers, fairly sure this was the first time she'd been so nervous she felt sick in a long, long time. She needed to say something. Soon. Like, now. "Okay," she whispered.

Josh: Slowly, Josh turned around. Brilliant bursts of color were dancing before his eyes. He took in the sight of her, holding his ring. "... What?"

rachel: "Okay?" Rachel repeated, not sure she could manage any other words at the moment.

Josh: He swallowed hard. "Really?"

rachel: She nodded, "...Yeah."

Josh: Josh nodded. "Good." Making his way over to her, he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her deeply. One knee dug hard into the mattress.

rachel: Rachel returned the kiss after a few moments, clutching the ring in one hand because she wasn't really sure what to do with it now. Wrapping an arm around him and leaning back, she pulled him down with her this time. "I love you," she mumbled after breaking the kiss, "So much."

Josh: "Duuuh," Josh grumbled as he nuzzled her neck. "I love you too. I could have sold that ring but I didn't. So duuuh."

rachel: She managed a weak grin and shoved the ring into his hand, "Do something with it, then."

Josh: Josh pulled back, grinning. Gently he seized her hand. "May I?" he said in his best Jeremy Brett-voice. He slipped the ring onto her finger and kissed it.

[Edited on 2/23/2009 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:surprise :faint
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

WHEEEEEEEEE!!! :love :bounce
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

OOC stuff:

Neena: ((SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE))
ben: ((OOMGGGG NO ONE TOLD ME-okay i'm just shitting you!))

And in a completely different room:

Neena: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Neena: OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Neena: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee omg thats so twistedly cute
Neena: I told you guys I would squee
Neena: I warned everyone
Neena: D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW RACHEL
* Neena faints from the josh/rae cuteness
Neena: its like overload
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

I like how you put all my squeeing in there. LOL
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Josh: Josh leaned against the kitchen sink and inspected his creation. Pasta was practically glued to the bottom of the pot in a fine, rubbery mess. Well, no one would let him near the stove again. How was it possible to burn water?

Anna: Anna wandered into the kitchen intent on getting a sandwich of some sort and stopped in her tracks. "You! Golden person!"

Josh: Josh peeked over his shoulder at... someone he'd never seen before. He'd spent the last few days hibernating, but still... "That's a better reception than I usually get," he said, dumping the pot in the sink. "Usually I hear, 'Yo, Goldilocks!' or, my personal fav, 'Wassup, Threepeeo?'"

Anna: "Nononononono," Anna shook her head, "Your gold. The silver one... er..." she clicked her fingers remembering, "Cessily! Yes! Her! She said I should talk to you!" She grinned, "So here I am, talking. Wow lucky I found you!"

Josh: "Lucky...? Another word most people don't say in my presence." Josh smirked, amused. "I know Cess, but I don't know you. Do you have a name?"

Anna: Anna smacked her forehead with her palm, "Gah! I'm so rude! Sorry, my name's Anna." She grinned then decided she should actually make that sandwich before she forgot why she was there.

Josh: "'Sup, Anna," Josh grinned back. As she puttered around, he went back to contemplating the disaster he'd made of the pasta pot. "So... why did Cess tell you to talk to me?"

Anna: "Because of my... ability," she found a jar of peanut butter and jam and pulled it out looking at it with interest, "Hmmm... suppose I could give this a go...." she opened the jar, sniffed it and decided it was a safe bet then started spreading it on some bread.

Anna: She looked over at him, "Apparently you can do the same as me."

Josh: "Healing?" Josh's interest perked up instantly. "Are you telling me you're another healer?" he asked, in his enthusiasm splashing himself with warm soapy water.

Anna: Anna nodded, "I've healed two people so far. Major stuff too." She finished with the jar and put it back in the cupboard, biting into her sandwich, "Ooh this is yummy!" she closed her eyes to savour the taste, "But I can't seem to make it work for little things. I was wondering if you knew how to do that?"

Josh: It should have been obvious their shared skill was healing. She quite obviously wasn't gold as King Tut's sarcophagus. "What kind of little things?" he asked. "If you have an easier time with 'major' stuff, then it's good you're around. That's mostly what leaves me drained."

Anna: "Well my Mam burned her hand while I was home and I couldn't fix that." She shrugged and stuffed the rest of her sandwich in her mouth. So hungry. She should stop skipping breakfast. "Healing people makes you tired?"

Josh: "Well, any of the big stuff does. Drawing people away from death's door. Some of the awful things that have happened to people..." He pursed his lips and scrubbed harder at the stubborn sludge in the pot. "You don't?"

Josh: "I don't know how much I can tell you, since I haven't seen you in action," he went on, "but one thing I've found that helps is to kind of... concentrate while not concentrating. If that makes sense. Healing to me feels a little bit like muscle memory. You need to think about what you're doing but it's also important to follow your instincts."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "Didn't even have to try to do it the first time. I don't know if you heard but I hit one of the students here with my car... well actually she hit me... that's how I found out about this place... Anyway I went to see if she was ok - she was hurt pretty bad so I held her hand while I called the ambulence. Next thing I know there's a crazy flash of light and she's sitting up all better saying I did it."

Anna: "The other time I was in a hospital visiting my uncle.... we told people it was a miracle." she sighed, "But I can't heal a simple cut or graze." she frowned, "How can it be harder to heal minor stuff?"

Josh: Josh frowned. "I don't know if I heard about that." He tried to swallow the jealousy that was creeping up on him. Hadn't it also been a car crash that had killed his brother, and at that time, hadn't he been unable to do anything? "That's a crazy coincidence. Nice to meet you, belatedly."

Josh: "Maybe it's just how your power works," he said, "or maybe healing little things will become easier for you with practice. I wouldn't worry too much, though. Practice and see what happens. If it's within your ability, you'll find a way to accomplish it." He smiled weakly and shrugged. "Sorry I'm not more help. Healing is just something I do - even when I try to think about the mechanics, it's really hard."

Anna: Anna thought about this, "So I should go around injuring people so I can practise healing them?" she nodded, "Ok.. I'm sure I can do that..." she grinned to show she was joking, "Guess I'll just have to stalk people and wait for them to hurt themselves...."

Josh: Josh laughed. "If anyone asks, you didn't get that from me! Although I can think of a few people who might make good subjects," he went on, chuckling darkly. "But if your ambushing fails, just don't try to injure yourself, yeah?"

Anna: Anna laughed now, "I don't have to try to hurt myself. I'm clumsy as anything." She showed Josh the scar on her right forearm that she'd shown Cess, "I fell through a window." she went to the fridge for some juice, "Think I could use it to heal myself one day? That would be amazingly handy."

Josh: "Ah - you can't heal yourself?" Josh asked with surprise. "Our powers really are different. Well, I'd offer myself to practice on, but pretty much as long as I'm conscious I can't not self-heal." He watched her peer into the fridge. "Ah - stay away from the emptiest milk container. Pretty sure it's spoilt."

Anna: "You can heal yourself?" Anna was jealous now, "Alright for some." She fished out some grape juice, "Ooo yum! Maybe I'll learn. Like the healing little things.... maybe it's just practise...." she shrugged.

Josh: "Sorry," he said again. "I don't know what other advice to give. But I'm really glad there's someone else around with a similar power. Sometimes it's stressful, not having an offensive ability at my side."

Anna: Anna smiled, "I wouldn't say that. If you have an offensive ability there's always the temptation to use it. I don't like hurting people.... on purpose anyway." She frowned, "I don't think before I speak most of the time..." she blushed and chewed her lip, "besides I'm dangerous enough without one." she grinned again.

Josh: "Well," he laughed, "that goes for me too, I guess. At least we can heal physical wounds. I do try to look at it as a gift. So you just found out about your power recently?"

Anna: Anna nodded, "Healed that student in the summer and my uncle not long ago." She poured herself some more juice and sat down at the table, "How did you find out what you could do? Or were you born that way...?"

Josh: "Nah, it developed in high school. I was doing some little healing without really knowing what was going on, but then it started to be bigger stuff. Waking up with gold skin one morning couldn't be passed off as part of puberty, and that's when I knew for sure."

Anna: Wow "Hee! That's so cool!" She beamed, "I mean I'm sure it was a really big shock and everything but wow!" She started bouncing up and down in her seat, "That must have been cool to wake up and find you'd gone gold over night.... like in James Bond!.... Only less female and dead..." she grinned.

Josh: "It wasn't so cool for my folks. It's hard to introduce your youngest son in polite society with the explanation of 'He's just got a mild case of jaundice...'" He couldn't deny that he was rather touched by his evident "coolness" to her. How long could he keep his general dorkiness a secret...? "... Did you just compare me to the Goldfinger woman?" Not long, apparently.

Anna: Anna giggled, "Yes, offended?" She gave him another toothy grin, "Do your parents mind that you're different?"

Josh: "I've heard worse," he laughed. "Well, I'm estranged from them for various reasons, that being one of them. How did your family take the news - if it's okay that I ask?"

Anna: "Oh they think it's great," Anna said, "Sorry your family don't. My family's Catholic, Cess made a joke that she should call me Saint Anna now 'cause of the healing people... hope that doesn't reach my parents' ears it might catch on!" she smiled, "Mental."

Josh: "That's a good one," Josh smirked. "Leave it to Cess. At least she didn't call you 'Asklepios.'"

Anna: "Askiwhat?" Anna blinked, "Whats as... uh... that?"

Josh: "Greek god of medicine. Don't worry, no one ever gets my jokes. No sane person at least. That's the only reason that explains how I have a girlfriend."

Anna: Anna giggled, "Maybe I'd get it if I was more cultured? I was never one to pay attention at school." She finished her second glass of juice and wondered if she should have more, "And who said I was sane?"

Josh: "Oops, I insulted the new girl," Josh grinned. "Silly me. However shall I apologize?"

Anna: Anna sniffed the air and eyed the conspicuous pot in the sink, "Promise never to cook for me."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Teagan: She adjusted the reef on the door. "Hmmm..." She turned it another way and stepped back. "Hmm... not good enough." She stuck in some more bells. "There we go."

Selene: Selene stood in the middle of the room and let her gaze drift across the decoration. "Don't you think we should set some darker contrast to all these bright and cheerful colours?" She asked, putting on a frown. "All of this looks unbearably adorable."

Teagan: "I think that's the idea though..." She said walking past Selene with a bundle of lights in her arms. "However; I think a little Nightmare Before Christmas is in store..."

Amara: Amara strolled in with her arms full of red and silver tinsel. "Sorry I took so long - I set fire to the first batch by accident...."

Selene: "Now that would definitely be a step in the right direction." Selene replied. She stepped over to the boxes containing the decor and peeked inside. "When are we decorating my Christmas outfit, by the way? We were kind of interrupted the last time."

Selene: Selene looked up and waved a hand at Amara. "Hey!"

Teagan: "Hey Amara." Moon waved. "You burned tinsel huh? Cool..." She looked Selene up and down and then her eyes transitioned to Amara's figure. Very nice.... "I'll be honest Selene, I think your Christmas get up should probably just be you wrapped in lights."

Selene: Selene arched an eyebrow. "I'm hardly surprised that you'd suggest that."

Amara: Amara smiled, "I'd like to see that." She put the tinsel down, "I have lots of lights upstairs if you want to try it out later - I was gonna decorate my dorm room."

rachel: Rachel glanced over all the decorations, hands stuffed in her pockets as she leaned back against a wall. "I have to agree with Selene. All of this is just too cheery. Maybe you should burn a few more decorations to add some black, Mara."

Amara: "Um... there's not really much left after I'm finished with them...." she confessed, "Well there's a rather nice scorch mark on the carpet but... well... can't really put that on the tree..."

Teagan: "Hey, we were told to make nice Christmas decorations in the front hall and Recroom and dining hall, and damn it that's what we're going to do." She looked at the four of them. "Though who in the hell thought we'd be great decorators? Someone playing a joke on Chuck?"

Selene: Selene gave Amara a smirk as she walked past her. "I think I'll take you up on that offer." She said and turned to gave Rachel a nod. "Ah, very good. So we're at least already two. It's definitely time for a different kind of Christmas."

Selene: "I'd say that we're just the ones who didn't manage to run fast enough when they were looking for people to ask to decorate." Selene suggested.

Amara: "I have some different coloured tinsel..." Amara suggested, "Some purple and gold.... there may be more I haven't looked - dad packed it."

Teagan: "Your dad packed Christmas decorations?" She asked with a quirky smile.

rachel: "Well, that'd be the point. There would be no decorations, so we wouldn't have to decorate," she shot Mara a smirk and glanced at Selene, "Yeah, now we just need to gather a few more people who'd help not make Christmas all bright and happy."

Amara: Amara nodded, "Yes.... Ok I know it's odd but we're Catholic. Christmas is a big deal and he wanted me to be happy after my crappy summer."

Selene: "Couldn't he just have gotten you a car with a rosary hanging from the rear view mirror then?" Selene asked, cracking a grin.

Amara: Amara laughed, "If he bought me a car, I think mother would divorce him. And divorce isn't acceptable."

Teagan: "Get him to buy you a car then." She said with a shrug. "Sounds like your mom is a dolt anyways, from what you were saying earlier." She nailed another reef into the front door with a hammer. "Am I supposed to be nailing this?" She asked, not stopping.

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow, "Why isn't it acceptable?"

Selene: Selene tilted her head and eventually shrugged. "How should I know? I'm sure they'd come running and complain if they don't want us to nail stuff into other stuff. After all, it's their fault that they left us with hammer and nails."

Amara: "Getting a divorce without getting permission from the Pope is effectively excommunicating yourself from the Church." Amara explained, "They really take the 'til death do us part' bit seriously."

Teagan: "They didn't I found the hammer and nails." She said. "In your attic actually."

rachel: "Oh," Rachel nodded, thumb playing with the ring on her finger which was still hidden in her pocket. Well, she was now glad she wasn't Catholic. "I'm sure the house couldn't get any more destroyed than it was."

Selene: "Oh, yes. I still had it." Selene said. "What can I say? I needed to put in some nails to hang up a few curtains."

Amara: Amara looked around, "Shall I go on a rummage for more interesting tinsel?"

Teagan: She walked over to Amara. "Hey Amara, check this out..." She took the nail and put it through her cheek. The she pushed the nail upwards near her jaw and began to drive it into the top of her mouth with the hammer. "Fun! huh!?"

rachel: Rachel cringed, "And kinda gross."

Amara: Amara blinked, "That's really disturbing you know...."

Selene: Selene returned to the boxes with the decorations. "Don't damage yourself too much." She said, looking at Moon. "I might have some use for you later."

Teagan: "Is it?" She asked yanking the nail out. "I could've just shoved it in..." She said, "But I thought the hammer was more interesting." She gave Selene a smirk. "You know this doesn't do anything to m-" She fell to the floor suddenly like a rag doll, hitting the tile rather hard.

Amara: Amara watched Moon, "Uh.... Is she....?"

Selene: Selene lifted her head and frowned. "She better not be." She said, stepping over to her. "Because I'd be highly displeased if she now manged to break herself."

Selene: Selene took one of the nails and carefully poked Moon's cheek.

rachel: Rachel glanced down at Moon, "I doubt she is."

Amara: "Can she die?" Amara looked down at the girl, "I mean... she's dead already, right?"

Selene: "I'm not sure. Maybe she just needs new batteries." Selene let out a drawn out groan and got back up again. "Well, looks like my girlfriend is broken." She said, adding a shrug. Looking at Amara, she frowned for a moment. "So, do you want to be my new one?"

rachel: "Don't think so," she shrugged, "I'm waiting for her to pop up and scare the shit out of us."

Amara: Amara looked at Selene, "Uh.... okay...?" She was more than a little confused but the part of her that liked sex liked the idea of sex with Selene.

Selene: Selene's logic was that if Teagan was trying to fool them, getting her jealous would be the best way to abandon the act. "Excellent." She said with a grin.

Teagan: Moon promptly opened her eyes popped up, wrapping her arms around Selene. "But I wanna be your Ghost of Christmas Yet to Cum!"

Selene: Selene looked down at the spontaneously resurrected Teagan and blinked a couple of times. "Now look at this. She lives again. How miraculous." Looking between her and Amara, a frown stole to her face. "Though, I already got a new girlfriend. Apparently it worked wonders to raise the undead, but now I have two."

Teagan: "Booooo" She said, uncoiling her arms. She grabbed her bundle of lights and went back to work on the railing biting her lip. "Let's hope I shock myself doing this...."

Amara: Amara watched Moon wander off then turned to Selene, "Nice try but I think you may want to be more subtle next time."

rachel: "Since when is Selene subtle?"

Selene: "Well, it did work, after all." Selene said and held up her arms for a moment.

Teagan: She finished wrapping her lights up on the railing and plugged them into the wall. "So I guess you don't want to go with me to Arizona now?" She said, putting her hands on her hips.

Amara: Amara giggled and gave Selene a hug and a peck on the cheek. She looked at Rachel, "you make a good point."

Selene: Selene gave Teagan a contemplating look. "Who said I wouldn't come along? After all, I never dismissed you from being my girlfriend. You just were kind of dead."

Amara: Amara frowned, Moon really did seem like the insanely jealous type. She moved away from Selene and poked around the decorations.

rachel: "Well, she's always kinda dead..." Rachel made sure it was her right hand that she pulled out of her pocket and then ran it through her hair.

Selene: "Well, dead-er, in this case then." Selene corrected herself.

Teagan: "Thank you Rachel." She said tartly. She felt bad now though, noticing Amara's looking away from her. "However... I shouldn't be upset if you want to share yourself, after all... who wouldn't want to share you."

Teagan: She walked slowly down and approached Selene. Wrapping her arms around her waist she leaned in and whispered, "But I know about Miri..." She bit her ear hard and tugged at it. Letting go she stepped away. "Just so you know."

rachel: "I'd have to say I wouldn't want to share because I wouldn't want her in the first place. No offense, Selene," she shot the girl a grin.

Amara: Amara set about winding red and silver tinsel together humming Christmas carols to herself, and started decking the tree.

Selene: Selene pulled out some decorations and gave them a dubious look. She blinked when Teagan hugged her. After a moment, she sighed under her breath and looked at the other girl. "Well, you can't say that you didn't know what you were getting yourself into with me." She said.

Teagan: "You're just jealous 'cuz no one is rubbing tacos with you." She said crudely. "Though as I've said before... golden rod..." she looked at the ceiling imagining it.

Selene: She took a deep breath and headed over to the tree to somehow fix the decoration to it. Miri was a special case. Selene herself wasn't entirely sure why she was so attracted to that girl. It was almost like an addiction. "I never was a good girl, nor will I ever be." She turned to look at the other. "And if I ever should, please kill me."

rachel: "Yeah, no..." Rachel made a face, debating whether she really wanted to attempt decorating and if she could manage with one hand. Though, she supposed there was teke...

Teagan: "Just know that I don't want you to change you. Or anyone to change you."

Amara: Amara absently wondered how they were going to decorate the top of the tree. She wished she could levitate without being on fire.

Selene: "Excellent." Selene replied, showing Teagan a quick smile. She impatiently struggled with whit decoration that she tried to attach to the tree, cursing at it with muttered words. "This is annoying."

Teagan: Moon approached Amara from behind. "Hold on, lemme help." She floated to the top of the tree and began to decorate it with the ornaments from the box. "We'll need more..." She caled down.

Amara: Amara watched Moon, "I'm so jealous of you right now, you have no idea."

Teagan: "It's okay. I'm jealous of you too." She said, coming back down with an empty box.

Amara: Amara was stunned, "You are?" She couldn't for the life of her think why.

Selene: "And believe me, no one is going to change me." Selene explained while kicking the tree a few times. "The only change I accept is the one that I manage to attain myself. But I'm quite content with my basics."

Amara: Amara sighed and went to help Selene, "Here," she took hold of the decorations, "Beating the tree closer to death isn't going to help."

Selene: "It would solve our problem of how to decorate the top." Selene replied, but accepted Amara's assistance.

Amara: Amara giggled, "Yes I suppose it would... but we'd have to stand it up again and how would we decorate the bit in contact with the floor?"

rachel: She sighed and moved away from the wall, picking up an ornament and hanging it on the tree, "There. I contributed."

Teagan: "I'm jealous that you can feel." She said softly. She smiled at Rachel. "Nice... how very quaint of you."

Amara: Amara blinked at Moon, "Believe me, it's not all that brilliant."

Teagan: She looked to Selene and shook her head. "We shouldn't kill the tree, Howlett and McCoy won't be pleased. I'll just keep floating to the top, 'cuz Rae clearly wishes not to participate."

Selene: Selene paused and looked down on the decorations. "Well, some of this could be made easier." She found as her idea took forms. "The decorations should do their own work." Selene figured that a minimal amount of power would suffice to animate some of the tinsel for a short moment.

Selene: She smirked triumphantly as the tinsel began to crawl up the tree. "See? Much easier already."

Teagan: Moon shrugged. "Or that."

Amara: Amara cheered, "Yay! I knew there was a reason we keep you around." She gave her a playful wink to show she meant it in a fun way.

rachel: "I did participate. I just don't find decorating enjoyable..." she shrugged, "Plus, there's no point. It's all going to come down eventually."

Teagan: "So are you, but we give an attempt at making sure you're cheerful and merry." Moon said poignantly.

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow, "I'm cheerful and merry? Since when?"

Amara: "Oh, Rachel, that's not the point." Amara told her, "Christmas is a happy time you have to make an effort. Please tell me you're going to at least smile on Christmas day?"

Teagan: "Since now." She went over to Rae and hugged her. "Merry Christmas."

Selene: "It's all a question of relativity." Selene tossed in. "Rachel is quite merry compared to, say, the computers in the science lab."

rachel: "It's just a time where people want presents," she rolled her eyes and returned the hug, "And, I'll probably smile. I just can't imagine anyone would be around to see it, except Josh."

Selene: "We certainly could make everyone smile on Christmas by lighting something else than incense." Selene suggested.

Amara: Amara laughed at Selene's comment, then turned to Rachel, "It's a time of year when we celebrate the birth of the Son of God. Amything else should be considered extra."

rachel: "But, it's pointless if you don't believe in God." Rachel raised an eyebrow at Selene, "I could be for that..."

Selene: "I agree with Rachel in this regard." Selene said. "People and their celebrations of various things can be quite interesting, but I don't have to share their excitement."

Amara: Amara raised her eyebrows, "You don't believe in God? At all?"

rachel: "No, I don't, " she shook her head.

Teagan: "Can I interject real quick?" She looked to Rachel and Selene. "As a scientist... God is an incredibly stupid concept."

Teagan: "However... as someone who doesn't die and has had many chances to... has inarguably been given a second chance.... I believe in something."

Amara: Amara sighed, "Oh no not Science...." She went back to hanging decorations.

Teagan: "Forgive me if I use one time of the season to acknowledge this 'being' at the same time everyone else looks to their false atrocity."

Selene: "I don't believe in any god that other people have invented in the past." Selene commented. "Even if I had reason to believe in supernatural beings, I wouldn't worship them."

Teagan: "But you're okay with people worshiping you, right?" She asked, dragging her fingernail against the back of Selene's neck.

Amara: Amara shrugged, "That's ok I suppose, as long as you lead a good moral life. You'll still get into heaven. But then you'll have to suffer everyone saying 'I told you so'. Can you live with that?" she looked over her shoulder

Teagan: "I think people are going to have to live with me." She said with a smirk. "That is... I'll be living with everyone, and I mean everyone else."

rachel: "I didn't really consider science. My reasoning was more along the lines of... what kind of God would let a huge group of people die in the sewers? Or people be kidnapped and experimented on?" Rachel shook her head, "And, if God and heaven exsist, they can kiss my ass. I'd be going to hell."

Selene: "If god turns out to exist on the day that I die - not that I intend to die anytime soon - he'll have to deal with me questioning him about this messed up world."

Selene: "I like the way Rachel is thinking." Selene said, nodding.

Teagan: Moon nodded. "I agree... I don't think there is such a thing as Heaven or Hell... I think there is just something, somewhere, maybe mortal, that gave me a second shot. Someone mutated and had sex, and gave birth to the first of us, and that person spread his filth like a dirty hot lover. That person who did this act of spreading the Mutant Gene Pool out... is my God."

Amara: "God has a plan for everyone, it's not always clear what it is but He'll have a reason for allowing that to happen. Maybe some good will come of it."

Teagan: "I would hate to see what happens to the people he doesn't plan for." Moon said with a half-grin.

Selene: "I'd still kick him in the shins for some of his mysterious actions, whether good comes from them or not." Selene said, tossing a few more decorations at the tree.

Amara: Amara sighed heavily, "Don't get me wrong. I have a few choice words for Him when I finally meet Him. But I have to believe it's for the best. If I don't.... I have nothing else."

Selene: "I always wondered why people had this need for religion and superstition to spice up their life or give it some purpose." Selene mused. "The world is interesting and wondrous enough as it is."

Teagan: "That's okay. It's not like any of us have anything else either, but when you have eachother... something you can touch... and feel." She looked to Amara, "Well... something you can touch... I would think you would be grateful for that."

Teagan: "Don't be afraid of where you're going Amara, be more afraid of what you leave behind." She said with a shrug. "And if Religion helps you leave something good, then go with it. But don't forget what other peoples leave behind with it."

Amara: "It's hard to be grateful when you know it can be snatched away at any moment...." she muttered, almost to herself. Her hands dropped to her sides, holding the tinsel loosley, "Religion is important to me... well it is now, it's the only thing that will stay constant."

Teagan: Moon went to Amara and hugged her. "I promise you... I'm far more constant and forgiving, and probably grateful than Religion will ever be. I can't speak for Selene on any of those besides constant. She'll be around for a while too."

Amara: Amara smiled weakly at her, "I hope so..."

Selene: "Oh, I definitely plan to stick around for a long while." Selene turned to face the others and smiled a little. "Like they say, bad weeds grow tall. And you just can't get rid of them."

Amara: Amara hugged Selene tight, "You are not a weed." she told her, kissing her on the cheek, "You're far too beautiful."

Selene: "Thank you." Selene said, giving Amara a curious glance. "So are you." She kept that smile to her lips. "I feel unique now."

Amara: "You are." Amara kissed her again and carried on decorating.

Teagan: Moon frowned. "So am I! Can I get a unique kiss?" She looked to Amara. "From both?"

Amara: Amara smiled at Moon, "Of course you can." She kissed Moon on the cheek too.

Selene: Selene chuckled and closed the distance to Moon, pulled her close and places a lingering kiss on her lips. "Is that what you had in mind?"

Teagan: "It works for now." She said happily grinning.

Amara: Amara smiled somewhat sadly to see Selene with Moon. She sighed and turned her back on the two of them to give them some privacy and carried on hanging decorations.

Selene: Selene titled her head to the side to look at Amara over Moon's shoulder. "Blame me for my altruism born of selfishness, but I'd say Amara feels neglected." She whispered next to Moon's ear. "What would it take from me to ease your mind, should I decide to make up for that with her?" She licked her lips when a smirk appeared on her face.

Teagan: "I'm more than fine with it..." She said, licking back. "I'll be upstairs... shocking myself over this absence of your lust... in my room." She looked her in the eye. "You heard me... my room this one time... Just to give Rogue and Sam something to scream about."

Selene: "I won't let you wait." Selene said, giving Moon another kiss. "At least, not for too long." Letting go of her, she walked over to where Amara was decorating. As she stood behind her, she reached out to trace a finger down the other girl's back. "I didn't have the chance to properly express my joy about your return."

Amara: Amara stiffened feeling Selene's touch, She turned her head slightly, "Oh?"

Selene: "Indeed." Selene said and wrapped her arms around Amara from behind. "I had thought about something like this." Having said that, she pulled the other girl close and pressed her lips to Amara's neck.

Amara: Amara shivered, "I was really hoping that was what you meant..." She turned to face Selene, pressing a kiss to her lips, "I missed you most of all, you know."

Selene: "I must have left quite an impression then." Selene said and stroked her fingers trough Amara's hair. She kissed her again, deeper this time. "Perhaps I should make sure it stays that way and show you a few more things to remember me for." She smirked. "Shall I show you my private lair that I created in the attic?"

Amara: Amara smiled at her, the first time she had really smiled since she came back, "Lair? Sounds.... kinky..." she grinned, kissing Selene again and biting her bottom lip gently as she pulled away, "I think you should show me whatever you want."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Rachel stared at the floor as she listened to the ringing, eventually flipping the phone shut and tossing it on the bed as she walked by it for what seemed like the millionth time. She pushed a hand through her hair, pulling the phone to her with a thought as she walked by again. Flipping it back open, she quickly punched the number in and brought it up to her ear, the ringing causing her to cringe. She closed the phone again, just dropping it on the floor this time.

She couldn't do it. Every time she tried to call, a nervous sickness formed a knot in her stomach that made her want to throw up, and her chest felt constricted. Anxiously, she pushed a hand through her hair again, frowning a bit as the ring caught. Rachel quickly inhaled and forced herself to stop pacing, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

Her gaze was drawn to her fingers, which were restlessly pulling and twisting at the ring on her left hand. She let the cool metal slide off her finger and into the palm of her opposite hand and just stared at the band. It was nice. White gold with a diamond that wasn't ridiculously huge and tiny sapphires surrounding the gem. Despite the queasy feeling it brought on and how much the idea behind it scared her, Rachel liked it a lot more than she'd ever be willing to admit.

Slowly slipping the ring back onto her finger, she looked between it and the phone, shaking her head. She still couldn't do it. She couldn't call and tell her father that her and Josh were... She forced down the lump in her throat at the thought. If she could barely admit they were getting married in her thoughts, how was she ever supposed to say it aloud without choking?

Rachel fell back onto the mattress, staring up at the ceiling as she brought a shaky hand up to scrub at her face. She let out a breath. Her and Josh were engaged. She still wasn't sure how to deal with it, though she was fairly sure she was supposed to be happy.

She just felt nauseous.

It wasn't that she wasn't happy. She loved Josh a lot more than she showed, and she couldn't really think of who else would want to put up with her for the rest of their life. They weren't perfect (she didn't even want to pretend they were), but it was as close to it as she was going to get, and she definitely didn't want to lose that. Her only problem was how was she supposed to explain to her family? Or his? Hell, she'd never even met his family with the exception of his asshole brother. Then, what about telling everyone else? Plus, on top of all that, actually planning a wedding? Not that the wedding would be anytime in the near future, but still.

The whole prospect of it all was just overwhelming and made her want to curl up in a hole.

Rachel took a deep breath and brought the phone to her again, slowly pulling it open. She stared at the screen for a few minutes, almost managing a grin at the picture of Josh. He hadn't been expecting her to take his picture, so he looked like a dork. Sighing, she pushed down on of the numbers on the keypad, the other digits following soon after. She eventually convinced herself to hit the call button and brought the phone up to the side of her face.

This was not going to be a pleasant conversation.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Meh, pull a Bobby and just don't do it.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heeheehee, yus. Because that turned out so well. :eeevil

Also....
Teagan: She adjusted the reef on the door.
Dude! Yur doin' it rong if you're hanging the reefer on the door! The word you were looking for is wreath.
;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

you caught that! I'M SO GLAD!!

I spelled it wrong and felt so stupid but NO ONE SAID ANYTHING so I figured I'd go as long as I could until someone spoke up.

We get halfway through the instance NO ONE SAYS A THING. I ended up forgetting! HA HA!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Rachel hadn't been able to do it. She'd hung up the phone just as he'd answered, and she'd ignored the few times he had tried to call her back. The guilty feeling in the pit of her stomach didn't mix well with the nervous one, but she just couldn't bring herself to tell him. They hadn't exactly talked in a while, and she could just randomly call to say 'oh, by the way, Josh and I are engaged'. It just wasn't going to work like that.

Sighing, she reached over and groped for the cell, which she knew was somewhere near her on the bed. Rachel flipped it open once she'd found it and went into her contacts, pushing down on the five key to search for names that began with that letter. Jac, Josh... Ah.

Her thumb hovered over the call button as she stared at the highlighted name, not completely sure she could go through with it. She pressed the button before she could change her mind and cradled the phone between her ear and shoulder, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath as it rang.

“Hello?”

Rachel blew out the breath at the voice, tensing at the sound of the voice on the other end. She couldn't do this. She couldn't even say hi.

“Rachel?”

She stumbled over her words, trying to force them out as quickly as possible, “I...I-I'm here...”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah...” Except for being a nervous wreck. But otherwise she was just peachy. “Yeah, I'm fine...”

“That's good.”

“It is...” Rachel took a deep breath and slowly blew it out. Yeah, she still couldn't do this. She couldn't tell either one. Neither of her parents would be all that thrilled about it, and she didn't want to deal with it. Plus, she had a long time to tell them. It wasn't like she was planning on getting married tomorrow, right? Now, she just needed an excuse as to why she called her mother. “Uh... I just wanted to, um, call and say...” I'm engaged. “Merry Christmas?”

"Oh. Thank you. ...Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

Yeah. That was nice. No holiday wishes in return. Her mother just thought she was sick. Rachel was glad she hadn't actually called to tell her Merry Christmas, or she'd probably be annoyed with that reply. No, actually, she was still slightly irritated, which worked because now she wasn't going to focus on the engagement thing. She'd take arguing over something stupid like this than telling her mother that she was engaged. It struck her as sad that she'd make that choice since she shouldn't be afraid to tell her parents something happy like that, but whatever.

“No, I'm sick because I wanted you to know that I hope you have a decent holiday,” Rachel replied, not holding back on the sarcasm.

“Don't start, Rachel.”

She could hear the sigh. The response didn't surprise her, really. “I won't, if you stop thinking there's something wrong with me.”

“You never call for something that's not important. Plus, you don't even like Christmas. Why wouldn't I think there's something wrong with you?"

...That was a good point. Rachel didn't call. She didn't see the point of calling just to talk. They didn't get along well, and she didn't care whether that would changed or not. Rachel also did not enjoy the holiday season. It was far to colorful and cheery. Plus, she could go without the presents and religious aspects of it.

“Well, that's all I really wanted to tell you. I have to go to work...” That was a complete lie, but it was believable. “Bye,” Rachel said simply and closed the phone before she got a reply.

She let out a sigh and squeezed her eyes closed. She needed to talk to someone about the whole thing. Someone that wasn't Josh. Ben and Neena were both busy getting ready to leave for California. Plus, there was the whole Felicia and baby thing that she didn't want to deal with. Rachel opened her eyes and glanced across the room.

Wait... duh. Rogue was next door and a much better choice than her parents. Plus, she needed to ask her something that she'd been thinking about since Josh proposed anyway. Rachel rolled her eyes at her own stupidity and slipped off the bed, making her way over to the bathroom door, the anxiety kicking in again at the thought of telling someone.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

rachel: Chewing on her lip, Rachel knocked on Rogue's door and stuffed her hands deep into her pockets as she waited. She had to tell somebody. Well, she wasn't quite sure she'd even be able to get the words out. Rogue was the first person that came to mind though. Rachel couldn't really imagine trying to tell anyone else.

Rogue: Rogue opened the door while towel drying her hair. "Oh. Hey, Rae. What's up, sugah?" She smiled and opened the door wider to let her friend in as she walked back to the bathroom to hang up her towel.

rachel: She opened her mouth to reply and found that words failed her for a moment, so she shook her head. Taking a small breath as she made her way into the room, she eventually managed, "Not much."

Rogue: Rogue came back out and pulled her gloves back on, plopping down on her bed. "How's it feel not havin' ta go ta class f' a while?"

rachel: Rachel took a seat on the bed as well and gave a slight shrug, "You tell me." How the hell was she supposed to tell? She probably should've thought about that before she'd knocked on the door...

Rogue: "Umm... Well, Ah cain't exactly tell ya how it is f' y'all... But it's alright f' me, mostly."

rachel: "It's okay, I guess. Still have work to keep me busy, so I don't think I'll be completely bored." Rachel chewed on her lip and took a deep breath, "I...I, um... actually wanted to t-tell you something..." Well, there was part of it... now, she just had to get the rest out...

Rogue: "Ok." Rogue pat the part of bed next to her and she leaned back on her hands. "What's up?"

rachel: She scooted over to where Rogue had indicated and pulled her knees to her chest, hesitantly bringing her hands out of her pockets to wrap her arms around them. "Josh... uh..." she wanted to get this over with, but she didn't want to actually say it either. "He, um... proposed," Rachel forced the words out, "We're... engaged..."

Rogue: "What?" Rogue gave Rachel a bright, but shocked, smile. "Really? What'd ya say?" Knowing Rachel 'no' wasn't necessarily out of reach.

rachel: Yeah, that wasn't coming out of her mouth again anytime soon. Rachel pulled the ring off her finger and held it out to Rogue, "Said okay."

Rogue: Rogue took it and her eyebrows went up. "Wow. This is really pretty, darlin'." She held it up to the light and watched it sparkle for a moment before passing it back. "He picked a nice one. Sure ya wanna do this though? Not that Ah ain't excited 'bout it, but y'all just don't seem tha type f' marriage... Ya know?"

rachel: Slipping it back on, she mumbled a thanks and thought for a moment, "Yeah, I know. I want to... I mean, I can't imagine being with anyone but Josh, but the whole thing is just... overwhelming. I'm happy, but I'm freaking out at the same time." Definitely not something she could've told anyone but Rogue or Josh, and the latter had to have some idea that she was.

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah can get that. Guessin' that's how Ah'd be if'n Sam ever asked me. 'Course, that'd depend on if Ah said yes... Doubtful, but ya know?" She smiled at her, "Are ya excited though?"

rachel: "Well, Josh didn't really ask. He said here. And, I think the only reason he managed to do that and I said yes was because we'd both been drinking." She grinned slightly, "A bit. Actually more afraid of telling people at the moment, so maybe once that's out of the way."

Rogue: "Oh." Rogue had to laugh at that. "Well, guessin' it worked out right nice f' him then. Y'all ain't gonna regret it an' think it was a stupid drunk decision later, will ya?"

rachel: "I don't know about him, but I don't think it was a stupid decision. It's not like we have to go through with it anytime soon, or that we could with the registration," Rachel shook her head.

Rogue: "Ugh. Don't remind me 'bout that." She shook her head. "Well, Ah'm happy f' ya darlin'. Ah'm glad ya don't think it was a mistake'r nothin'. When did this happen?"

rachel: "My birthday." She chewed on her lip, "You're the only one that knows."

Rogue: "Aww, well guessin' that's a pretty darned good birthday present, huh?" She smirked, "An' Ah'm tha first ta know? Should Ah feel honored?"

rachel: "Probably the best I've ever gotten." Rachel returned the smirk, "Of course you should. You're the only one I plan on actually telling right now."

Rogue: "Oh yeah? Why's that? Ain't this somethin' y'all'd want everyone ta know?" She frowned at Rachel, "Ah mean, it's good news, ya said so yaself."

rachel: "I just don't know how to tell everyone else, and I just happen to be comfortable talking to you about almost anything. So, lucky you," she poked her tongue out before sighing, "I tried telling my parents. Didn't talk to my dad, made up an excuse for why I was calling for my mom. I'm just really nervous about it, and I don't want to mess anything up..."

Rogue: "Well, that's at least a step towards tha right direction." She shrugged, "But why not just let Josh tell everyone so y'all don't gotta worry 'bout it?"

rachel: "Can you imagine how'd that go over if just barely managed to propose? You could tell everyone..." Rachel paused as she realized that Rogue would be likely to, "I wasn't serious about that last part."

Rogue: Rogue had to grin and chuckle a little at that. "Are ya sure? 'Cause Ah could if ya really wanted me ta do it..."

rachel: She gave a shrug, "I don't care. Everyone'll know at some point because pretty much everything spreads around here anyway."

Rogue: "That is true. But Ah won't start tha grapevine if ya don't want me to."

rachel: "It doesn't matter to me. You don't have to start it if you don't want to."

Rogue: "Darlin'." Rogue gave her a look. "This is y'all's news. Alright? Ah ain't gonna go tellin' people 'cause ya said ya didn't care if Ah did or not. Ah have ta get a solid answer of 'yes Ah want ya ta tell people f' me' 'fore Ah'll do anythin'."

rachel: "I can't say for sure. I'd have to talk it over with Josh," she cringed slightly at the familiar look and chewed on her lip, "Probably should talk to Josh about this first too, but... I was, uh... wondering if you'd mind being... maid of honor? Can't really think of anyone better, and you practically beating Josh and I are part of why we're together, and I'll shut up now..."

Rogue: Rogue couldn't stop the grin that washed over her face, "Maid o' honor? Really? Wow, Rae... Ah'm honored. Of course Ah'll be ya maid o' honor!"

rachel: "Yeah, really. Guess this means you get to wear a dress this time," she grinned back. "And, it's one less thing I have to worry about it."

Rogue: "That's true. But Ah like mah tux," she smirked. "Bobby liked it too."

rachel: "I'd take a tux over a dress, too. Though, with Neena constantly sticking me in dresses, I think I'm getting used to them..."

Rogue: Rogue gave Rachel a shocked look. "Oh, really? That's kinda strange comin' from y'all," she couldn't help but grin though. "But Ah'll have no problem wearin' a dress f' ya."

rachel: "Well, no. I've just learned to deal and not complain," she smirked.

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "Maybe ya could wear a pants suit?"
rachel: "I dunno. Maybe. I'd be happy wearing jeans and a hoodie, but I doubt that'd go over well."

Rogue: "Yeah... Doubtful. Ah wouldn't even let ya wear that. Only get ta be casual if ya go ta tha justice o' tha peace."

rachel: "Aww," Rachel pouted, "Why not? It'd be so awesome. Could skip all the fancy things, horrible clothes, flowers, and everything. I don't really care about the wedding itself as long as Josh and I end up married."

Rogue: "So then why're ya havin' a weddin' at all? Why not just go elope'r somethin'? With me there o'course so Ah won't smack ya one."

rachel: "I highly doubt Josh would go for eloping. Fairly sure he actually wants a wedding." She had to grin at the smacking part.

Rogue: "Well then ya likely gonna hafta don a dress an' do some of tha fancy stuff..." She shrugged, "Unless ya can talk him outta it."

rachel: "Yeah, I guess so," Rachel made a face at the thought and sighed, "Probably could change his mind, but that'd involve a lot of effort..."

Rogue: "So that narrows it down ta which do ya want more then? Ta not hafta wear a dress an' do some o' tha fancy weddin' things? Or ta be lazy 'bout tellin' ya fiance what ya want?"

rachel: "I guess it does." Rachel chewed on her lip in thought, eventually grinning, "I could flip a coin."

Rogue: "Alright then, Two-Face." She curled one side of her upper lip and squinched that eye nearly closed then leaned in closer to Rachel, "Clean side: Y' get t' have y' wedding without complaint, Joshy-boy. Marred side: Y' complain 'bout mah way an' y' ain't gonna like what happens t' y'."

rachel: She snickered, "Somehow, I imagine I'd get the marred side."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and shook her head, "Imagine with y'all's luck ya probably right."

rachel: "Yeah, I'd rather not think about what could go wrong with my luck," she cringed.

Rogue: She bumped her shoulder into Rachel and tilted her head, "Hey, it's gonna be fine." Her smile faded quickly to a frown, "How come Ah can be optimistic f' everyone but mahself? That just don't seem fair."

rachel: "I'm pretty sure you understand life's not fair better than a lot of people, so I don't have to get started on that. But, I dunno. I guess it's just something you have to work on. It's not something's that's going to change overnight just becaue you want it to," Rachel gave her a nudge back once she'd recovered, frowning when it didn't do anything, "See? Now, that's not fair."

rachel: "Anyway, what's been going on with you? Obviously something, if you're bringing that up..."

Rogue: Rogue snickered as Rachel tried to make her move with a bump, "It's plenty fair. An' funny ta watch ya frown so." She shrugged, "Fightin' with Sam a lot 'bout it, that's all."

rachel: "I could go around smiling just so you wouldn't be amused, but I think others would worry about me if I was too cheery," she smirked slightly. "Oh. Well, that sucks. What's he think about it?"

Rogue: "Ha! Yeah, they just might at that." She sighed and let her smile fall a bit. "He's mad at me 'cause Ah say Ah 'cain't' change mahself... An' Ah'm mad at him 'cause he wants me ta change. So it's a never-endin' circle... Thinkin' we mighta come ta an understandin' though... At least f' now." She gave Rae a broad grin, "An' by some miracle o' God, Ah can touch him without harm again."

rachel: "Well, you can't really change yourself unless you want to put the effort and everything into it. It's all comes down to your choice on the matter, really. But, I can't really imagine Sam wanting you to change unless he thinks it'll be good for you. Not that he gets to decide what's good or bad for you..." Rachel grinned at the touching part, "That's awesome."

Rogue: "Ah know it. An' Ah think that's what makes me so blamed mad... It ain't his place ta decide that f' me. But... Ah think if Ah don't our relationship ain't gonna survive."

rachel: "This might sound kinda harsh, but maybe it shouldn't if you have to choose between him and who you are."

Rogue: Rogue sighed and lowered her head to look at her lap, "No, ya right. But it ain't like he's askin' me ta change tha whole o' who Ah am... Just... tha part o' me that won't really let him in an' keeps sayin' Ah cain't do this'r that."

rachel: "I can see how that'd be frustrating for both of you... I'd try to be optimistic and say it'll all work out, but I don't know that so I won't. If it does, good for you two. If it doesn't... well, you still have me and ice cream. Not that either will be of any help," she gave a small grin.

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Thanks, Rae. You an' Ben an' Jerry's all Ah need if it goes ta hell?" She shook her head and rolled her eyes, a smirk still playing about her lips. "Think Ah'm gonna fly down ta see him an' stay f' a couple weeks... If mah boss'll let me take off that long. But it'd be a nice surprise f' him. He thinks Ah'd only come out f' a few days."

rachel: "Hey, most of the time all I had was you and Ben and Jerry's! Figured I could return the favor," Rachel poked her tongue out. "I think that'd be cool though. I'm sure he'd appreciate it, and it'd probably be nice to get away from here for a bit. Think my plans are to go to work, and spend the rest of my time in bed... with Josh. I'd get bored if I was alone."

Rogue: "Ah'd do tha same thing if Ah could just get Sam ta spend a blasted break here at home." She frowned, "But o' course, he has ta go back ta Kentucky."

rachel: "Well, not only would I be bored. I'd be freaking out about this whole engagement thing," she shrugged, "Yeah, well, he has a family that loves him and such. I can kinda see why he'd want to see them. Maybe you two could work something out. Like, you could convince him to stay for part of the summer or something."

Rogue: "That'd be nice... Ah was able ta convince him ta stay a few extra days this time... But then we just had a major disaster happen..."

rachel: "I've been not thinking about that, and I plan to keep it that way as long as I can. But, compromising on something like that wouldn't be too difficult. At least I don't think it would. Like, staying for half a break and visiting his family for the other half."

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah've been tryin' ta keep mah mind clear of it as well." She shrugged, "Ah would hope not, but he's got a real sense o' duty ta his family, so ain't sure Ah could change his mind in a normal situation."

rachel: "Guilt trips and crying work, but I can't see you doing either of those. So, I don't know what to tell you now."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "An' just exactly how would y'all know 'bout tha cryin'? Cain't see y'all doin' that, neither."

rachel: Rachel gave a shifty look and grinned, "I don't actually have to cry. Just the whole tears in the eyes and puppy look work, and usually he gives in before I have to resort to that."

Rogue: "Ah never woulda believed it if Ah hadn't heard it from ya own mouth." Rogue laughed some more and shook her head, "Plain rotten, Rae."

rachel: "Not like I'm known to play fair," she shrugged, still smiling.

Rogue: "That is damn true." Rogue grinned.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Josh: Josh took a seat on the piano bench and positioned his cello. He scraped through a few scales before starting in on Pachebel's Canon in D major, as much of it as he could do solo. He was rusty. But it felt so, so good to be playing again.

rachel: Rachel paused in the doorway to the music room for a few moments, watching Josh and debating whether she should actually go the rest of the way into the room or not. She eventually decided to quietly slip into the room and wait for him to finish.

Josh: He knew someone else was in the room. And he was pretty sure he knew who it was, too. For that reason, he repeated a few measures before opening his eyes. "Hi, Rae," he said, his eyes falling automatically to her hands.

rachel: "Hey," she mumbled, following his gaze to her hand and giving a weak grin. "You can keep playing, if you want..."

Josh: "It needs to be tuned," Josh mumbled, catching sight of the jewel-set ring on her finger and blushing. He fiddle with the pegs, succeeding only in making it worse.

rachel: "It didn't sound that badly..." Rachel made a face, "At first, anyway."

Josh: Josh set the cello to the side and leaned back, forgetting that the piano was directly behind him. His elbows struck the keys in an ear-splitting medley. "Sorry," he said, wincing and sitting back up straight.

rachel: She cringed, "That'd probably be what my playing sounds like now since I haven't practiced in forever."

Josh: He chuckled. "Diligence, grasshopper, diligence." Was this the best he could do? Half-hearted jokes and caterwauling cello music? "... So..."

rachel: Rachel gave another small grin and glanced down at the floor, trying not to look over at the ring, "So...?"

Josh: He coughed awkwardly. Everything about this situation was awkward. "It, uh... looks good on you," he said at last. Awkwardly.

rachel: "Good to know..." she chewed on her lip, "I...I like it..."

Josh: His face split into a relieved smile. He was surprised to feel cold sweat beading his forehead. "Good. I wondered..." He laughed, burying a hand in his hair. "I wondered what you'd think once we were both awake... and sober."

rachel: "Hey, I was sober. ...Well, at least more sober than you were," Rachel stuck her tongue out at him. She blew out a breath, "I've been kinda shocked, honestly. Think it's just starting to sink in..."

Josh: "I didn't really mean to propose to you when I was drunk," he confessed, blushing darker under his gold skin. "Sorry it was kind of... lame. I've been walking around in a daze lately."

rachel: "It's fine. Kinda nice. Wouldn't really have wanted it to be a big deal," she shook her head, grinning slightly, "Plus, I'm glad it wasn't in public after the whole thing when you told me you loved me."

Josh: "Hahaha." Josh slapped his forehead, remembering. "Let's just say I've grown up a little. Or I'm better off soused than sober."

rachel: "You'd probably be better off using that first one. Wish I could say I've grown up, but sometimes I'm not so sure about that," Rachel smirked, "Though, I think I'm definitely better off sober..."

Josh: "What now?" Josh asked, deciding it was best to be straightforward. "I mean, have you had any thoughts about... what's next?"

rachel: She ran a hand through her hair and shrugged, "I don't know. I talked to Rogue about... stuff. You have anything in mind?"

Josh: "Whatever you want is fine," he said quickly. That was his line, wasn't it?

rachel: "Whatever I want?" Rachel raised an eyebrow, "So, we could go get married in Vegas like Lorna and Bobby did right now?"

Josh: "... Um, no." Josh shook his head firmly. "I don't get along with my folks, but I've still inherited one too many of their sensibilities... I was thinking of something a little more... traditional, I guess. Unless you don't like that idea. In which case we could just elope."

rachel: "Told Rogue you wouldn't go for it, but it was worth a shot. She's maid of honor, by the way, and that's the only thing I have figured out right now." She sighed, "Speaking of family... are you going to tell yours?"

Josh: "At least you've figured out that much," Josh sighed. Who should he ask to be his best man? The first person to fly through his mind was Justin... not that his brother would consent to come. "I... will inform them."

rachel: "I'm sure they'll be thrilled, considering they don't even know me..." Rachel glanced down, fidgeting with the ring on her finger, "I tried telling my parents. Hung up before my dad answered, and I lied about why I was calling with my mother."

Josh: "I said I'd inform them, not invite them," Josh said, more grumpily than he meant. He got up and pulled up a chair next to Rachel so he could swing his arm around her shoulders. "Don't worry; the right time to tell them will come up."

rachel: "Even if you don't get along, it'd still be nice to invite them... Though, if you don't I won't complain. Your brother definitely isn't one of my favorite people," she rolled her eyes and leaned against him. "I don't know how to tell everyone else either, so telling my parents isn't the only issue. Rogue said to make you do it..."

rachel: She took a breath, "I also don't think I can do this. Like, the whole planning thing. I hate all the shit that goes into a wedding. And, I definitely don't have time with classes, training, and two jobs."

Josh: "Me do it!?" Josh's pitch jumped an octave. "Rae, your dad is scary..."

Josh: He nodded while she talked. "Yeah, I think so too. Something small and private, then, is that a good idea? Besides," he shrugged, massaging her shoulder, "it's not like we're getting hitched tomorrow. We can wait however long we need."

rachel: "I didn't mean tell my parents. I'll take care of that myself because I don't want you to deal with them. I meant tell everyone here." Rachel smirked, "Small is good. Like... Rogue, whoever your best man is, and us small especially."

Josh: "Oh, I see..." That didn't make him feel any less nervous. Imagine all the noogies... and death threats. "You don't want a giant, frilly dress? A towering white cake? A live band? The queen of England?"

rachel: "I just want to end up married. I don't care about anything else."

Josh: "Okay," Josh chuckled, trying to hide his relief. "Geez, you're low maintenance. Unless this is some secret feminine ploy of saying no when you mean yes... you really want to throw a huge wedding bash, but you're hiding it in hopes that I'll pick up on your subtle clues."

rachel: "Nope, no hints that you need to worry about," Rachel rolled her eyes, "If I end up with a huge wedding, I won't be showing up... well, I won't be if I escape Rogue..."

Josh: "Small it is then," Josh chuckled. "I don't know that Rogue would chase you down to your own wedding. Me, probaby."

rachel: "I dunno. She already said she wouldn't let me wear a hoodie and jeans," she shrugged, a smirk forming, "I'd like to see you try and catch me."

Josh: "Hey, if you want to wear jeans, I won't complain. As long as I can wear them too," Josh chuckled. "I might not be able to catch you, but what kind of man would I be if I didn't even try to chase down my bride-to-be?"

rachel: "A poor excuse for one?" Rachel grinned and gave a shrug.

Josh: "Are you questioning my taste?" Josh pulled a look of deep hurt. "I don't think I'd propose to someone who made a lousy bride. Duuuh."

rachel: "Yeah, you don't think you did," she smirked, "And, I really have no idea why you'd want to spend the rest of your life with me other than the fact that you're possibly insane..."

Josh: "That you're beautiful, sweet, incredibly sexy, smart, brave, compassionate, and can put up with me isn't explanation enough?"

rachel: Rachel leaned over and gave him a quick kiss, "Glad you see all those things because I don't."

Josh: "I could be incredibly sappy and say something like, 'That's what love does to you,' but instead, I think I should give you a piano lesson."

rachel: "Nooo," she pouted. "I don't need a piano lesson!"

Josh: "If you're going to be my wife -" it was so strange to say something like that, "- you've got to at least be able to play 'Heart and Soul' as a duet with me."

rachel: Rachel glanced up at him, "Do I really have to?"

Josh: "Don't you want the ten strapping sons we're going to have to be musically accomplished?"

rachel: "You're marrying the wrong person if you think I'm having ten sons." Children were not something she wanted to think about. Dealing with Neena being pregnant was bad enough. "If you teach me a song, I get to teach you one. That work?"

Josh: "I'm kidding," he laughed, raising both hands in surrender. "That sounds like a plan. Although I'm slightly scared as to what you might have in mind..."

rachel: "Please. It's the piano. It can't be that scary," she rolled her eyes as she got up.

Josh: "You've never seen the cartoons where the piano falls out of the sky and crushes some unsuspecting character? That's scary."

rachel: "Of course I have, and I'm too lazy to lift the piano with my teke or find another way to drop one on you. Well, and I wouldn't want to crush you. Lucky for you, I love you entirely too much to do that."

Josh: "Good to know you don't have the murderous tendencies of a black widow." Josh heaved a sigh of mock relief. "Well. Since you're a lady, you get to go first."

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow, "First to learn or to teach?"

Josh: "You pick."

Josh: He leaned in to nuzzle her neck.

rachel: "Keep doing that, and the choice will be neither..."

[Edited on 3/8/2009 by tears~fall~like~glass]
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Neena: "Rachel," Neena knocked softly, balancing the pair of chocolate milkshakes in one hand. "I brought Jack. In the Box."

rachel: "It's open," Rachel called, pulling an earbud out and taking a seat on the bed. She glanced around her side of the room. Well, it was kinda clean... and, fuck... Neena didn't know about her and Josh. She quickly stuffed her hands in her pocket.

Neena: "Oh, you don't know the hell I had to go through to get these," Neena entered and shut the door with her hip. "The line was endless and the guy at the counter took FOREVER to enter in the order. Here," she handed Rachel a milkshake. "But I just had to have one. The baby wouldn't shut up about it."

rachel: She thought for a moment about which hand was the right and reached out to take the shake once she'd determined which it was, "Awesome. ...Well, that I'm getting one. Not the terrible lines and such."

Neena: "I love these. They're so yummy," Neena sat down on the bed and took a long drink from hers. "So how are things? How was the celebration with Josh?"

rachel: "Things are kinda busy. Work. Cleaning, not that you could tell. ...yet..." Rachel took a drink from hers and about choked at the celebration with Josh part. What was she supposed to say, and how was she supposed to phrase it so it wasn't a complete lie? "Good. He came in after I got back, and we talked. Other stuff that I doubt you want to hear about... though, it's good for scarring Ben for life."

Neena: "More than he is already?" Neena wrinkled her nose. "Please don't. That's good though, that you had a good time. I guess I can safely assume he liked the dress?"

rachel: "Yeah, not sure how much more scarring he can take," she smirked, "Don't worry. Wasn't planning on giving details. I kinda like people to not know those. But yeah, he liked the dress... not that it would've mattered what I was wearing."

Neena: "I'm so sure," she twirled her straw in her drink. "I went back to Saks the other day with Ben's sister and she wanted to get the same dress. I didn't let her. At least while she's under my watch I won't let her wear stuff that's too old for her. Have you met Felicia yet?"

rachel: "Blonde, cheery, has a crush on my boyfriend... Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember her," Rachel made a face and took a sip of the milkshake.

Neena: "She has a crush on Josh? HOW CUTE!" Neena laughed out loud. "That's adorable! Oh she's a hoot. A little flighty, but I guess it comes with not having to worry about mutant powers. I mean at that age...well at that age I was in mourning but still. She's a good girl."

rachel: "Oh, yeah. Real cute," she rolled her eyes, "She's lucky she's not five years older, or I would've put her face in the wall."

Neena: "Well but she's just a kid! Come on Rachel you don't seriously think Josh would take someone that young seriously," Neena grinned.

rachel: "He'd probably fake it because I'm apparently amusing when I'm jealous, but not seriously. ...At least I would hope not."

Neena: "She's harmless," she insisted. "And she's a lot of fun. She practically glomped me when I told her she would have a niece. It's so cute to see her excited about the baby."

rachel: Right. Harmless depending on how you looked at it. "She's a bit dense. ...Though that could come with the age or run in the family. I haven't decided which. But, I suppose she was decent... besides that and going on about Josh."

Neena: "I'm sure she didn't go on about him. She's been going on about some other boy at her school, something about high school drama. I really didn't understand half of it, I never thought high school was so...complicated," Neena rolled her eyes. "I better learn though. God, I hope my baby isn't gossipy like that."

rachel: "Oh, yeah. I had to hear about that, too," Rachel rolled her eyes. "It kinda made me glad I only remember parts of high school. Well, when I actually bothered to go to school."

Neena: "Bad Rachel!" she chuckled. "I can see that. Wow, I think if my baby ever cut class I'd box her ears," she ran a hand over her stomach. "I can't wait until I start to show. I have so many cute outfits to wear once my belly comes in."

rachel: "I've done worse," she shrugged. "You already have clothes for that...?"

Neena: "Well dur! Remember? I went on that huge shopping spree with Rogue! If I've told you once I've told you a bajillion times, Rae. Clothes come out a season early. So spring collections are out already. Anyway," she grinned. "I have this cute little blouse that I'm dying to put on, it's blue and yellow and so adorable."

Neena: "And now that I know its a girl I can go out to shop for her little dresses! She'll be born in the summer so I can dress her up in little frocks and then leggins for fall."

rachel: Rachel blinked, "Oh, right. I was busy avoiding all the baby stuff because... yeah, no..."

Neena: "Yeah no what?" Neena raised an eyebrow. "It was shopping. For myself. OK, and the baby too. Nothing wrong with that, my child can't very well exist naked in the world."

rachel: "Yeah no just to the whole idea of a baby, actually." ...Okay, she probably shouldn't have said that, but she was sick of thinking it for the past two months.

Neena: "A little too late for that, don't you think Rae?" she narrowed her eyes. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you're still in denial."

rachel: "Sadly," she muttered. "And, I'm far from denial. I'd probably be happier if I wasn't."

Neena: "Not sadly! This isn't a sad thing! God Rachel my poor baby already has someone hating it already! You're not being fair to it."

rachel: "It's sad depending on your point of view. Of course you aren't going to think it is, you're giving birth to it," Rachel rolled her eyes again, "I don't hate it. I'm just not thrilled about it."

Neena: "Oh, so that's what they call hate nowadays?" Neena crossed her arms. "I don't see how another life, especially a life that's wanted, is a sad thing. From ANYONE'S perspective. If anything you should be happy for me! You know I wanted to be a mom someday."

rachel: "There's a difference between hate and dislike." Her eyebrow raised, "Just because you want it doesn't mean everyone else will, and it's not like I'll be the last person to not like it. Yeah, I knew that you wanted to someday, not within the next few weeks from when you told me."

Neena: "So she's early," she tossed her hair. "You never know when life will end, Rachel. So you have to take things in stride. Besides, you see me happy about her, so christ, at least put on a smile for me! Don't grumble about it when I'm trying to smooth things over!"

rachel: "Don't fucking start with me about life ending," she snapped and took a deep breath in an attempt to keep the irritation away, "I've been trying to fake a smile since I found it. Hell, I flat out lied to Ben for you for weeks because you were pussy footing around telling him." ...Yeah, it wasn't working.

Neena: "Well that didn't help anyway, since Wade found out and opened his fat ass mouth," she crossed her arms. "Great good that did. And I wasn't pussy footing. I was looking for a good time."

rachel: "Yeah, except no time was ever good enough for you," Rachel shot back.

Neena: Her mouth hung open. "That's not true! And he knows now. So what if I didn't tell him right away? Wade ruined it for me. You should be happy about that. We didn't get our gushy baby moment. We got the loon. Happy?"

rachel: "Yeah, I am kinda happy because at the rate you were going, he still wouldn't know. At least now I can... Oh, wait. I can't hang out with Ben anymore or even talk to him because he's too busy hanging out with his new sister, becoming a rockstar, and spazzing about this whole baby thing."

Neena: "Who's keeping you from joining them? And he's not spazzing! He's happy, and thank god that he is! Can you imagine if he decided he wanted nothing to do with this child? My baby wouldn't have a father!"

rachel: "Pfft. It'd still have you. It'd be fine. ...Well, assuming you'd be a decent mother," she gave a shrug.

Neena: She narrowed her eyes. "Ok, that's it. I don't know what's crawled up your butt about this. What am I supposed to do, apologize? Apologize because I'm going to be a mother?! Tell me once and for all, Rachel. What is your deal with this baby? And don't give me bullshit about hating kids. No one hates children. At least not their friend's unborn child."

rachel: Rachel bit down hard on her lip and ran her right hand through her hair, making sure to keep the left out of Neena's line of sight. "I'm pretty I know what I like and dislike, and I highly doubt that no one hates children with child abuse, neglect, and such around."

rachel: She took a deep breath and slowly let it out, shaking her head, "Not like you have anything to apologize for."

Neena: "So you're one of those people?" she put her hands on her hips. "Come off it, Rachel. I may not have known you that long but I know when you're lying, and shit, you're lying now. I know you wouldn't hit a child, you're not like that."

rachel: "Never said I would. Just said it happens. And, to make a point, I'm not exactly the type that would murder one of my friends either, but I have..." Rachel raised an eyebrow, "Guess it's good to know that I apparently can't lie anymore. Though, I must do it well enough since you have no fucking clue."

Neena: "Then that's the reason you're ticked off? I'm bringing a child into the world and since you hate kids that's reason enough to be mad at me?"

rachel: "Or that's what I want you to think."

Neena: "Then tell me what it really is or so help me..." she was shaking so hard she couldn't finish her sentence. "Just out with it Rachel! We'll all feel a lot better and we can move on!"

rachel: "You'll what? Not talk to me? Hit me?" Rachel scoffed, "Please. Once you have it, not like you'll have time to talk to me, and I doubt you hit harder than Ben."

Neena: "That's such a lie," Neena rolled her eyes. "Of course I'll have time to talk to you. I'm having a baby, not dying and-" she stopped short. "Omigod. I know what's wrong."

Neena: "You're...you're jealous!" She pointed at Rachel. "You're jealous of the baby! Omigod Rachel you're like the older sibling being replaced!" she started to chuckle at the image that statement created.

rachel: Glancing down at the shake in her hand, Rachel scowled and muttered, "I already have been."

((*** Ben has joined #chocolate.

Ben: Ben crashed through the window and pointed to Rachel. "Quickly! Save the world we must!" Grabbing her by the hand he kicked the other window open and pointed to the stars. "Second star to the left, and STRAIGHT ON TIL MORNING!"

* Neena kills ben

Ben: He leapt from the window pulling her wrist and bringing her out into the night air with him. Together they flew.... to Neverland.

*** Ben has left #chocolate.))

Neena: "You haven't been replaced!" she blinked. "Who said anything about you being replaced?"

rachel: "I haven't? Because I really couldn't tell with Felicia, and once it is here... you and Ben won't have time to do anything, not that you have time now."

Neena: "It has a gender. And...possibly a name but we haven't decided yet. Felicia is Ben's sister, yeah, but she's 16. And anyway," she waved her hand dismissively. "No one can replace you. You're you, and we need you around! How can you think otherwise?"

rachel: "I doubt anyone needs me that badly, and it's not hard to think like that at all..." Rachel was fairly used to being in that mindset, which probably wasn't a good thing. But, she was generally okay for the most part with the help of therapy and everything.

Neena: Neena frowned before going over to her and giving her a tight hug. "Don't be ridiculous," she said. "Don't even think something so stupid! You won't be replaced. Like I said, I'm having a baby, not dying. There is such a thing as babysitters and strollers and such. Christ Rachel come join us in the 21st century."

rachel: She sucked in a breath at the hug but carefully returned it, keeping an eye on her ring. Hopefully, she could just quickly stuff her hand back in her pocket... "Yeah, I guess..."

Neena: "Motherhood isn't something that's limiting anymore. We all-" something glinted on Rachel's hand as she moved it. Neena looked down. "Oh. My. God. OH MY GOD! OMIGOD! RACHEL!" she grabbed Rachel's hand, examining the ring shining on her left finger. "Is this what I think it is?!"

rachel: Rachel opened her mouth and closed it again, blinking, "Um... N-no...?"

Neena: "OMIGOD! He totally proposed! Josh proposed! Omigod! Omigod I TOLD you! This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!" Neena gave her another hug. "Now we can be brides together!"

rachel: She gave a weak grin at the brides together part. Riiight. She suddenly wished Josh had agreed to elope. "Uh..." Rachel returned the hug, "Thanks... I think. Though, you're going to tell the whole house if you don't shut up. Only ones that know are Rogue and you..." Maybe Neena screaming wasn't such a bad thing. It'd save her and Josh the trouble of telling everyone, but still...

Neena: "Oh! Right, right," she stood. "But this is great news! Congratulations! Wow, was I good on calling this one or what?"

rachel: "I would be more impressed if you'd called that it'd be a drunken mistake and that he wouldn't technically propose, but I suppose you were close enough," she shrugged.

Neena: "So that's how he did it eh? Well whatever it took to get him to stand up and do it. Or," she gave Rachel a wry smile. "I imagine he probably wasn't on his feet when he asked. But this is good! Oh! We should totally go out to celebrate! Nothing like a cocktail toast, right?"

rachel: "Um... actually, he was on his feet and there wasn't much asking involved..." She blinked, "Yeah, but you can't drink...."

Neena: "That's what virgin drinks are for, sweetie," she replied flippantly, grabbing Rachel's bag and tossing it to her. "Now, up and at 'em!"

rachel: "So, you're going to watch me get trashed?" Rachel caught her bag and got up, "...Great."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Bad Neena! passing alcohol to a minor like Ben does all the time.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Benjamin: "...7-4-3-5" He punched the last digit in and waited for the ring back tone to hit him. Dropkick Murphys. She would have never set it to that for him unless he had given her the two dollars for it. He had gotten very sick of the same crap she had on there for everyone else. He sat in the chair in his and Neena's bedroom, feet up on the foot rest and facing the window which had rain spattering against it. Yay, Cali-winters.

rachel: Rachel forced her eyes open and blinked a few times. What was that noise? ...Oh, right. Her phone, and the ringtone was blaring while Josh was asleep. She quickly rolled over, reached down, and groped for the phone. She flipped it open to silence the music and about dropped it on the floor again to roll back over until she realized it was a call. "...Hello?"

Benjamin: "What're you throwing the phone around?" Ben asked with a smirk. "I tried calling Josh but I guess he left his phone in the Rec Room again. I'm calling to wish you guys Merry Christmas from Neena and I."

rachel: "Uh... Something like that," she grabbed a pillow and leaned back against it, glancing at Josh. So... his phone had been the noise earlier... "Thanks, and you too."

Benjamin: "So what're you two doing to celebrate?" He asked slyly. "Though knowing you to and your lack of appreciation for the holidays, you're spending it in bed. Don't tell me if I'm right, just say not much."

rachel: "Not much," Rachel answered. "Having fun with Neena's family?"

Benjamin: "Well really this depends on your definition of fun. Am I enjoying myself? Yes. Am I having a genuinely good time considering, sure. Am I afraid for my life due to Lazarus' death glares... oh yeah."

rachel: "If looks could kill and all that, I suppose," she grinned slightly. "How's Neena?"

Benjamin: "Pregnant." Ben said simply. "She'll be pleasant one moment and irritable the next. She woke up crying from some crazy dream last night, ran to the fridge, and ate an entire carton of Peppermint Ice cream covered in caramel sauce." He shrugged. "It's a roller coaster ride to say the least."

rachel: "Well, at least caramel and ice cream can go together. Though... peppermint, so it's kinda gross."

Benjamin: "I dunno... she had creamed cheese bagels pretty much all during breakfast. She seems to eat salt in the morning and go for sugars late at night, but lord knows you can't make that a daily prediction 'cuz she's changed her pattern at least three times." He chuckled into the phone and ran his hand through his now slightly-longer-than-he-liked hair.

Benjamin: "So how's things at the mansion? Someone said there was commotion in the sewers with the Jono-guys. I never got to meet him. How's he?"

rachel: "Not too bad," Rachel was glad for the topic change, but she could've gone without talking about the sewers. She chewed on her lip and glanced to her side, "Dead."

Benjamin: "Well that's not very nice, I know you guys don't like him, but that's not very fair."

rachel: "No, Ben." She said quietly, shaking her head, "He's dead, as in there's nothing left but his arm. They're all dead. Massacred."

Benjamin: He gripped the phone tightly and fought back the feeling of nausea. "How?!"

Benjamin: "What in the fuck happened? Why!? Do we need to come back, are you all okay!?"

rachel: Rachel held the phone a bit away from her ear, feeling a bit sick thinking about the whole thing, "No, you don't have to come back. It's being looked into. I don't know all the details. I just helped clear the bodies out of the sewer..."

Benjamin: "Bodies, oh my God..." He realized now what she had said. All of them. "That's awful! Oh, holy... wow. What're they coming up with so far, what are the investigations showing?"

rachel: "There's an idea of who did it, but fairly sure we don't know why yet...unless I've missed something. I've been trying not to think about it, honestly," she sighed, "Plus, I kinda have other things to worry about at the moment."

Benjamin: "Well what's the idea then? Who are we thinking it is?" He needed to know if it was safe to bring his family back to the mansion.

rachel: Of course the trying not to think about it part was completely lost on him. "...We saw some of Essex's minions," Rachel glanced over at Josh again to make sure he was still asleep.

Benjamin: "What?!" He looked quickly for a notepad. Finding one in the bed stand he began to write down the name Essex, Jono, and any others he could remember were associated, underlining them and being ready to show Neena. "Oh my-Rachel, why haven't they evacuated the school! How's the security team? Is Cess taking care of things?" Oh my God... can I really bring Neena back ... should I even go back?

rachel: She rolled her eyes, "Because half of us have no where to stay other than school? I'm not on the security team, so I wouldn't know. And, it's break. How am I supposed to know what Cess is up to? I've been spending most of my time working because not all of us can become rockstars. I'd tell you what else I've been up to, but you don't want to know as it involves Josh and bed."

Benjamin: "Look, if Essex is involved Rae..." He sighed and threw the notepad on the floor. Rubbing his face with his hand he stood up. "Look... if you even sense the first sing of trouble... you sent me a mental shock wave... a tremble, like we had going in Boston. Just... just promise me you'll do that. Okay?" He didn't want to hear this... not on Christmas.

rachel: "Yeah, fine. Done going on about this yet?"

Benjamin: "I'm sorry... I just..." Classic Rachel. Change the subject, or I'll hang up. "Okay... so, everyone's okay besides right? You know of any special plans yet, Xavier got the place glowing like Hogwarts?" He snorted at the idea of Xavier dressed as Dumbledore in his wheel chair.

rachel: Rachel sighed again, "I've already told you what I know and that I've been busy with work and Josh, so I wouldn't have any idea if anything else has come up." Speaking of the latter, he seemed to be stirring since her voice had risen slightly in irritation.

Benjamin: "Okay well... is he there?" He asked. "I did want to talk to him first actually. No offense, but I had to check something with him on tux fitting."

rachel: "Depends on what you mean by there..." She glanced over at her fiance and mouthed 'Ben'.

Benjamin: "As in available and I know he's next to you, so just shove the phone in his hear." He took off his shirt and pants and changed into his pajamas.

rachel: "Well, physically, he's here. Not so sure about mentally at the moment," Rachel smirked over at Josh, who rolled his eyes and reached over her for the phone. "I'll talk to you later since he's trying to steal my phone now. Merry Christmas and whatever."

Benjamin: "Same to you Rachel. Thanks." He waited for Josh's voice on the other end.

Josh: "Hey," Josh said into the phone, making no attempt to sound less bored than he was. "What's up, dude?"

Benjamin: Ben snorted into the phone at the sound of Josh being bored and tired. Way to spend our vacation with your girlfriend he thought to himself. "So you guys are okay? Rachel likes to not talk when stuff is wrong."

rachel: In an attempt to hear what Ben was saying, Rachel scooted closer and pressed her ear to the other side of the phone. She rolled her eyes as she caught her name and glanced over at Josh, resisting the urge to take her phone back.

Josh: "Um..." Josh raised an eyebrow at Rachel. "Yeah, we're okay. This time she's not talking because she's too distracted by my general awesomeness. But I can switch it off for a little bit if you ask very nicely."

Benjamin: "I don't know if you can..." He said with a large smirk. "So what's the good news? And don't quote the Bible or I'll hang up."

rachel: "Awesomeness? You didn't even mean to. You were drunk," she poked her tongue out.

Josh: "I thought we'd been through this - I make better decisions tanked than sober," Josh shot back, grinning. "Good news? I don't know what you're talking about. The grass is still green, I'm still gold, the school is still standing..."

Benjamin: "That's it?" Ben asked, suspiciously wondering why alcohol intoxication was suddenly a topic. "Are you going to talk to her or me? If she's doing that thing... again, while you're on the phone with me. I'm gonna be pissed... I don't want to even be in proxy to that on phone."

rachel: "I'm not doing anything. ...Yet," Rachel smirked despite the fact that Ben couldn't see her. Not that he'd want to at the moment.

Josh: "That's it," Josh confirmed, ignoring the side conversation. "Why would you expect there to be more? It's break. We talk, we watch TV, we get engaged, we procrastinate homework, what more is there to it?"

Benjamin: "Talk? Tv? Engagement? Nice. Sounds like you guys are just having the best vacation ever." He smiled widely, and in his head cheered for them. He knew she'd say yes. She could act all depressed and upset, and loveless and emo as the worst of them but he knew that her love for Josh would in out when the day came.

Benjamin: "I'm really really proud of you two. I'm very glad you finally did this. Congratulations! And by the way, how is a gold ring going to work on you? Tell me you thought that through..."

rachel: "Finally?" Her eyebrow raised, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Josh: "Well, that was less of a reaction than my awesomeness deserved," Josh mumbled to Rachel. To Ben he said, "Thanks. Uh, I hadn't thought about that. Maybe we can do silver rings. Or white gold."

Benjamin: "Or maybe black titanium? Is there such a thing? Rachel would totally love that, huh?" He chuckled into the phone and watched the window as a car rolled into the driveway. "Okay someone's coming in so I probably have to go downstairs and move some wine glasses around and be the good husband-to-be. Hey tell me how informing her father goes man, I can't wait to hear that crack."

Benjamin: He listened to the commotion downstairs and sighed. "And tell Rachel that I had no idea that there was a kind of wine that somehow is not that alcoholic and that I find it to be the worst tasting crap ever. And I'm bringing some to her."

rachel: "Definitely. I was hoping it'd top Neena's, but somehow I don't think anyone's will," Rachel muttered back, "You might want to tell him that I can hear him since he hasn't noticed. ...I also don't want disgusting wine when I can get good stuff from Neena, I like white gold and silver, and that you don't have to deal with my father at all."

Benjamin: "I knew she was listening." Ben said cackling. "Tell her I'm kidding, I'm not drinking. And go have fun okay? Enough being bitter with Ben. And if Felicia calls to wish you merry Christmas, be nice!"

Josh: He laughed and waggled his eyebrows at Rachel. "Okay. Got it. And she can here you. Have a good time wherever the heck you are."

Benjamin: "California! God, how many times do I need to tell you!" Ben said shaking his head. "Okay, they're calling me. Bye!"

rachel: "Ugh, he gave her my number!" Rachel made a face and turned away from the phone. Maybe she could get away with saying she didn't hear Ben say that if she wasn't nice.

[Edited on 3/2/2009 by tears~fall~like~glass]