Summer 2011: J

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Summer 2011: J

Post by Ferguson »

Jason: Pilfered Chinese leftovers in hand, Jason wandered into the rec room, devouring his ill-gotten gain and claiming a seat. "Nice and quiet, did someone lock the mini-mutants in a closet or something?"

Emma: Emma sauntered into the rec room and had a seat in one of the chairs. "God I hope so. I didn't know when I signed up for this place I would have to deal with children."

Jason: "They'll be gone soon enough." Jason assured her. "If you frighten them enough the first go they won't bother you much later." Sometimes ...actually all the time, illusions were a good thing.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah wandered into Rec Room. "Oh, hey Jason." She turned to an unfamilar face. Well, the new semester was about to begin. Probably be seeing a lot of new faces. "Hi, I'm Hepzibah," she nodded at the newcomer.

Emma: "Hi. I'm Emma." She said nodding back at Hepzibah.

Jason: "Scratch her behind the ears and you'll never get rid of her." Jason looked back to warn Emma. "She's murder on black pants."

Emma: "I could tell." She said looking over to Hepzibah. "I take it you are used to this idiots banter? Cause it still annoys me." She said glaring over at Jason.

Hepzibah: "He grows on you, like mold." Hepzibah grinned at Emma. "And keep that up - I'll yak a furball into your slippers," she smiled sweetly. Perching on the back of the sofa, she looked around. "So, where is everybody?"

Jason: "I'm my own kind of charming, I assure you." Jason was going to have to make sure he stowed away anything that he didn't want to find a furball in though because he knew what his brand of charm earned him. "No idea, makes me nervous when this place gets quiet. Makes me think we should prepare for another zombie apocalypse or something."

J: J wandered nervously to the door. Looking back quickly to the kids in the car, he turned to the large door and knocked loudly 3 times.

Hepzibah: Hepz was about to speak again when she heard the door. "Who could that be this time of night??" Most of the students wouldn't bother knocking at all. Her fur ruffed slightly in apprehension as her tail ticked slightly.

Jason: "Put your hackles down, I doubt anyone who was up to anything too sinister would take the time to knock." Well, that wasn't true. If Jason was going to be up to something he would probably knock. It was a good idea really. He got up though, heading to answer the door.

Emma: Emma decided to follow Jason to the door. It had been a very slow day, and she needed some excitement. "I'll come with you, you charmer you."

Jason: "Now see, you're even beginning to play along. That's how I start."

J: J knocked again, "Come on..." He shifted nervously. Lights are still on... someone's got to be home....

Hepzibah: Hepzibah slowly followed, stopping in the hallway, just out of sight. Good news always comes at decent hour...

Jason: "I promise, you'll find the process enjoyable." Jason opened the door and turned to their late-night guest.

Jason: "Can I help you?"

J: "Um... Yeah... I... You don't look old enough for kids... Are your parents home?" He asked nervously and a bit confused.

Hepzibah: She couldn't resist a peal of laughter as she eaves dropped. Even without her hyper hearing, this guy did not sound like a threat. "No, we're just playing school around here. It's a real animal house." She stepped out from hiding, wondering if he'd run away screaming or faint dead away.

J: He saw Hepz step out behind Jason, "Oh dear..." His knees buckled... Another one... "Oh... Ok... I... uh, found some kids... One of them said they were from here..." He wiped his hand up and down his arm.

Jason: "...you mean we've unleashed them on the public and didn't give you time to arm? That was rude of us."

Hepzibah: "Oh Christ! Don't tell me the camp kids made a break for it." Hepz stepped out. "And I'll bet the ring leader was a little green kid with a big mouth, right??"

Emma: "That's the one that tried to get me to play with them." Emma said with a smirk.

J: "Uh... Yeah... They smashed my car... And I dont think any of them had a drivers liscense..." He stepped to the side to show the smashed up car. "Yeah... He was the one that gave me the directions back here...."

Jason: Now, Jason wasn't as socially inept to think it was approproiate to start laughing at this. This didn't stop him, however.

Emma: Emma immediately slapped Jason on the arm. "Shut up." Turning to the man at the door. "Sorry, we don't normally let him out of his room."

Hepzibah: "They smashed up your-" She did a face palm. "They were driving? Driving what?" Please let it be a school van, those things are indestructable... She bit her lip to keep from Jason laugh spreading to her. "It's not funny, Jason." But a tickled grin pulled at her lips.

Jason: "Oh it on'y took her, what, a day before she slapped me? That might be a new record." Jason was smiling, quite proud of that. "You'll have to excuse me. I'm easily amused. So, what do you say we at least relieve you of your unwanted children. We're not abortionists but we'll do."

J: "Ah..." He nodded to Emma, and then to Hepz, "Um... Was a 'Vette... Was a nice one... I can show you guys where it's at if you want to try salvaging it..."

J: "Yeah... They are right down here..." He turned and lead them down to the car.

J: J opened the passenger side door with the sleeping Leech inside, and opened the backdoor to reveal the piled bodies of the 2 girls and the pink kid.

Jason: "Yeah, I'm afraid we have to claim them. I was in hopes you had the wrong ones."

Hepzibah: "What the Hell happened to them??" She picked up Artie in her arms, "Why are they out cold?" She eyed the new comer a bit suspiciously.

Jason: "You're complaining?"

J: "Ah... yeah... I uh, think the 3 in back might need medical attention... specially that one..." He pointed to Sally, "She was driving, got hurt the most... but the 3 in the back tried to run, and all passed out." He paused for a moment, "I.. I think a few of them are mutants...." He said quietly.

Emma: "Who would have thought that they are mutants? Lets get them inside." Emma said as she grabbed one of the kids in her arms and started to carry them into the mansion.

Jason: "...they aren't prone to keeling over randomly. I sure as hell wish they were."

Emma: "We wouldn't get that lucky."

J: "Yeah... Not sure what happened... But ya know... Best not to take them to the hospital... specially the 2 boys..." He shrugged and reached in and grabbed Sally out of the back seat, "I'll uh.. help carry them in... Just lead the way..."

Jason: "Will do." Jason nodded, doing just that.

Hepzibah: "We have our own medical facilities here - " It suddenly hit her that they had no idea what this guy's name was. "You got a name?" She shift Arties dead weight a bit as they came back into the foyer.

J: "Oh right, I beg your pardon... My name is John Graves... But I go by J. Like the letter..." He grunted a bit under the weight, but carried on.

Jason: "Well, I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you but considering the circumstances it would sort of be a laughing statement."

J: "Yeah..." He smiled nervously. "So... What is this place?" He asked as they went down the corridors and hallways.

Emma: "Don't ask me, I'm extremely new here. Ask the charismatic idiot over here." Emma said pointing to Jason.

Hepzibah: "No place a 'normal' would be interested in." She looked over the thoroughly human looking guy.

Jason: "She pleads ignorance yet calls the pereson you must turn to an idiot. That must fill you with such confidence." Jason laughed, hoping that Xavier's telepathic voodoo was strong enough to counteract how completely suspicous they were being before launching into the 'approved excuse' of the school.

J: "Yeah..." He shied away from the predatory cat woman. "Quite a few... mutants..." He said quietly.

Jason: Well, he might not buy that they were some cloister but, yes, hopefully the force was with Xavier.

Hepzibah: "Is that a problem??" Hepz stopped and turned on J. She would not be made to feel out of place in her own home.

J: "I'm sorry... that came out wrong..." He milled nervously, "I uh.. No... Have just never met another before...." He shied away again from the combative feline and continued following the others down the hall.

Jason: "...another?"

Emma: "He means he's a mutant idiot."

Emma: "He was sending mental signals of it constantly."

Hepzibah: "You know, Emma...we got to learn to communicate." Her expression was almost comic.

Emma:

Emma:

J: "Yeah... I am... but no one knows... so... you cant tell anyone...." He said hurridly.

Jason: "Some of us would rather pull a confession out rather than have you announce it, crater." Jason's eyes rolled. "Don't worry, what, do you think we're going to feed the kids to the pitbulls out back or something?"

J: "I... No.. I don't know... Maybe? I just wasn't going to ask..." His face went flush, and then pale again in an instant.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah laid Artie down on a sofa in the rec room. "Here, give me Sally. I'll take her to the med lab." Good God, she was heavier than she looked. She looked from Jason and Emma to J. "You want some coffee or something?" It was a pretty crappy olive branch, but it was something.

J: "Yeah... That'd be good." He nodded, handing the girl off, and then slumped into a chair, slightly out of breathe.

Jason: "Right, coffee then." Jason slipped off for the kitchen.

Hepzibah: "You know, he could have at least offered to carry her for me." Hepzibah shook her head. "But, then I'd be looking for pods down in the basement." She lugged Sally towards the med lab. "Be right back..."

J: "I'm sor..." He started as Hepz left, flushed again. "So... You read my mind earlier? Is everyone here a mutant?" He asked Emma, while trying to catch his breath.

Emma: "Umm... I think so. I'm not really sure, I'm really new here." Emma said with a smile.

J_: "Oh... Wow..." He laid back against the cushion. "Never knew there were this many..." He looked over at her, "How did you all end up here?"

Jason: "Kidnapped, obviously. And really, Emma, if you're going to be nosing around in people's heads you would think you'd have taken the chance to gather facts. Yes, we're all mutants." Jason passed their guest his coffee. "This is a school. Univeristy as we don't usually have the kids you found."

J_: "Ah... " He took the coffee and sipped on it. "I'm home schooled." He took another sip, "I wanted to go to University... But my mother said they wouldnt let me.... cause... you know...."

Jason: "Well, aside for lying and hoping for the best I'd say this is probably the only option out there."

Hepzibah: "Not all of us can just 'lie' about being a mutant and the Mutant Regisration Act is making it harder for even the most normal looking mutant to hide." Hepzibah came back into the room, smirking.

Jason: "Didn't say you could. Not all of us speaks inclusively all the time." Jason smirked back at her though. "Coffee?"

J_: "Well yeah... No one even knows about me... But itd be bad if anyone found out..." He drank some more. "Do you think... Never mind." He took another drink.

Hepzibah: "Yes, and an aspirin. I think I pulled something." She put her hand on the small of her back, sitting down. "Do we think...what?" She groaned a tiny bit, trying to get comfortable.

Jason: "Didn't think to pop pills while you were down there?" Jason just slid the cup over, digging to see if he had any aspirin.

Hepzibah: "Didn't start hurting till I got back up here. I think my back was in shock up till then." she grinned at him, waiting for the aspirin.

J_: "Oh.. Nothing." He finished the last of his cup, and looked in a bit suprisedly. "I was just thinking... Do you think... That I could apply here?... Is there a recruiting officer to talk to?...." He asked.

Jason: "We'll get you a meeting. If he snores and sort of rolls away you're in."

J_: "Ah..." He started to say something, and stopped. "Ok... Thanks." He smiled, "I'll still have to call my mom... She's gonna kill me when she finds out about the car...."