Christmas 2017: The Shaws

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: Christmas 2017: The Shaws

Post by Svartfreja »

<Hope> Hope rather enjoyed the library of the Shaw house, though not because of the books, which she didn't read, but because it had great cell reception. She lounged about, typing away on twitter, smirking at the idiots she was slamming.

<Jessica> Jess had waited some time for things to settle down again before she went to find Hope. Climbing the stairs would have been a hell of a chore by now if she couldn't fly. She came out into the library and looked around, spying the red hair, "Hey...."

<Hope> "Hashtag bye Felicia!" Hope laughed and looked up at Jess. "Oh, hey Jess." She set the phone down.

<Jessica> Jess offered her a smile, "How did New York go?" she stepped properly into the library, glancing around her before resting her hands on the bump.

<Hope> "Uneventful really. Got everything I needed out, papers signed. New owners are moving in at the end of the month." Hope watched her, noting for the first time, she didn't feel that pang of sadness at watching her touch her stomach.

<Jessica> "Well that's good," she gave her another smile, "It was quiet around the house without you... not sure I liked it much."

<Hope> "Really?" Hope asked, genuinely surprised. "I feel like I just have a wake of drama in my path. I would have thought it would be nice without me here."

<Jessica> "It was boring," she laughed, "Sebastian went to work and Shinobi didn't come out of the basement 'til noon.... I resorted to cleaning. I'm turning into a boring housewife."

<Hope> Laughing, Hope grinned. "Wow. See, I started hiring maids to do that for me. I discovered that I hate cleaning."

<Jessica> "Well, when you have nothing better to do it becomes a last resort..." Jess shrugged helplessly, "Speaking of last resorts... I couldn't help overhearing you and Shinobi earlier..."

<Hope> The sudden change threw Hope. She blinked and looked at her. "What did you hear?" She made a note to talk to him more in their link when Sebastian was in range. Being overheard was not fun.

<Jessica> "That you had a bit of a power mishap... with my pheromones... I wasn't eavesdropping, I try really hard not to do that but I heard my name and you sounded sort of anxious so..." she gave Hope an apologetic look.

<Hope> "Yeeeeah," she cringed a bit. "I didn't think about the pheromones or empathy. It was bad. So bad..."

<Jessica> She laughed, "Well, the empathy I need more practice with but the pheromones? I have that down... if you want help learning to control them, I'm the best person to ask."

<Hope> "Thanks... but I think I want to wait awhile before I try that disaster again. But when I am ready, I'll be sure to come ask?" She asked. "It was kind of nervewracking."

<Jessica> She nodded, "It's tricky... especially when you're attracted to someone... makes it harder to control."

<Hope> Swallowing, Hope nodded. "I would imagine that would be much more difficult, yes."

<Jessica> "I know how you feel about him... there's no use me pretending otherwise. Empathy is a new thing and I can't control it yet so... I pick things up whether I want to or not."

<Hope> Sighing, Hope leaned back and nodded. "Ok ok. I know nobody is thrilled about that little fact either."

<Jessica> "It's not that... I just don't want either of you rushing into something and getting hurt... I care about both of you and I'm sure Sebastian feels the same... we try not to talk about it though because it makes me uncomfortable at the moment." She sighed, "I really wish my powers had better timing."

<Hope> Hope groaned and covered her face with her hands. "I don't need a lecture about rushing into things."

<Jessica> "I know you don't and I'm not giving you one... I'm just letting you know where I stand on it so you don't think I'm going to try to get in the way on purpose or anything - I know how you hate the meddling." She went over to her and rested a hand on her shoulder.

<Hope> "I already got the lovely sex talk with Sebastian. Which, by the way, is NOT a conversation I EVER want to have again. And I think I know better what he's going through than anyone else, given that I had similar experiences." And had been in his head enough times. "I know you are trying to help..."

<Jessica> "I'm not giving you a talk," Jess assured her, "I promise. Just... for the sake of my sanity... try not to broadcast all the sexual tension, okay? There are some things I just don't want to know and it's hard enough to ignore as it is."

<Hope> "I don't broadcast it. It's just... there. All the time. There." Hope poked the invisible tension in the air. "Course if I slept with him, it'd go away," she teased Jess.

<Jessica> "And here's where I cover my ears and hum to myself... If you're going to do that... please do it when I'm not in the house." She wrinkled her nose.

<Hope> Laughing, Hope threw a pillow at her. "Calm down, old woman. I told him I needed time to figure things out. And I kind of need to know if he's really interested... or if it's just... you know. I'm here."

<Jessica> Jess caught the pillow, "Well maybe we could look at getting him into school or something... then he can make more friends... just hopefully he'll stay away from Doreen...." She didn't want a repeat of that fiasco.

<Hope> "I don't think Doreen will be a problem... but yeah. He said he wanted to go with me to campus when I go to get the rest of my clothes. Surely he can make some friends there." Hope smiled a little. "I'm hoping to get him out and get him to try some new things."

<Jessica> "We all want that," Jess smiled at her, "He needs to have a normal life... he's earned it... we all have."

<Hope> "It'll never be 'normal' but yeah. He and I both need to figure out what we want in life. Might as well have a friend to figure that out with," she reasoned. "As long as we can make sure no more media follows us. But that's what Bobby is for. He can freeze the cameras."

<Jessica> "And the government will foot the bill!" She laughed then stopped almost immediately, "Owwww...."

<Hope> Hope laughed at her, then stopped when she did. "You alright?"

<Jessica> She thought about it then shook her head, "No.... this is different..." she fumbled in her pocket for her phone, almost crushing it in her grip as another pain came. She thrust the phone at Hope, "Call Sebastian... and Viper... speed dial one and two."

<Hope> "Different how? And what am I supposed to tell them?" She asked, staring at the phone. Viper? Seriously?! She was so not calling the serial killing psychopath.

<Jessica> "Tell them... that I think I might be in labour and to get here quick..."

<Hope> "Ohhhh no no no no no! You are soooo not in labor. No!" Hope was on her feet, eying that stomach as she tried to dial number one. "Stay in there! We're not ready for you yet!"

<Jessica> Jess leaned on a bookcase for a moment and attempted to pull herself together. She had a bag that was all ready to go, she just needed to get down the stairs to it. "I am ready," Jess protested, "I was done with this when the constant peeing started."

<Hope> "Ok so like, do we need a taxi? Or or an ambulance? Or a huge tub? I don't even know how you do this!"

<Jessica> "Just call Viper!" Jess straightened up, "We're not going to the hospital. I don't like hospitals." She headed for the stairs.

<Hope> "I'm not calling Viper!" She made a face at Jess. "You are impossible!"

<Jessica> "Call the bloody woman right now!" Jess was not in the mood to argue this point, "This was the deal! I do this - she helps!"

<Hope> "I am not fucking calling the murderer of the X-men! You are out of your everloving mind! She'll probably steal the baby! That's much more likely." Hope fumbled with the stupid phone, trying to figure out which one was Sebastian's number.

<Jessica> "Then tell Sebastian to do it or pray Yukio has her number and is paying some attention today." Jess paused on the stairs and sighed. Now her feet were wet. "... I'm changing my clothes."

<Hope> Hope finally figured it out and dialed Sebastian. The moment he picked up, she didn't give him time to talk. "Get HOME now. She's leaking and there's screaming... though that is me... and you are supposed to bring a psychopathic murderer. Is that PEE or water breaking?! I am so not having children!"

<Jessica> "It's not pee!" Jess yelled back, then muttered to herself the rest of the way down the stairs about usefulness and farts in spacesuits.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: Christmas 2017: The Shaws

Post by Slarti »

<Jessica> Jess was in and out of a comfortable doze, the drugs and hormones in her system leaving her in something of a haze. In one of her more awake moments, she turned her head to look for Sebastian, offering him a smile.

<Shaw> Sebastian was in something of a haze as well, since he couldn't stop watching his daughter breathe. He was afraid to move, for fear of disturbing the tiny sleeping girl, but he sensed Jess wake up a little and looked up at her to smile. "Hello, koibito."

<Jessica> "Hi..." she blinked her eyes a few times to try and wake up a little, shifting to sit up some more. "You'd think she'd been the one doing all the work..." her eyes fell to her daughter's face, her smile still soft.

<Shaw> "Well, it would have been a lot of work for her too," he said quietly, trying not to chuckle. He felt like he was too loud to be around the baby. Too loud, too large, too likely to smash her. "How do you feel, love?"

<Jessica> "Mostly tired... and hiiiigh..." she giggled quietly, holding out her arms to take the sleeping bundle.

<Shaw> "High is good," he said, this time laughing softly. Carefully, and with exaggerated slowness, Sebastian got up to hand her the baby, trying not to move her too much, and supporting her head perhaps a little over-zealously.

<Jessica> Jess took her carefully and cradled her, she fit nicely. "She's so tiny...." She adjusted her hold a touch to move the inhibitor bracelet down to her wrist where it was more comfortable.

<Shaw> "She is." He sat on the edge of the bed beside her, looking up at movement from across the room. Once satisfied there was nothing going on, he turned his attention back to his family. "She's perfect."

<Jessica> Jess glanced up too, watching Viper moving beyond the pane of glass between them and a corridor. She was giving instructions to someone but, without her powers, she couldn't hear what was being said. Which was weirdly nice. She was distracted again by a tiny movement from the tiny person in her arms.

<Shaw> "So are you." He moved a bit further onto the bed and slipped his arm around her shoulders. "You were amazing, my love."

<Jessica> She smiled, resting against him, "Didn't feel amazing... but thanks..." She turned her face into his shoulder in an attempt to smother a yawn.

<Shaw> "No, I know it didn't... but it wasn't so bad." He wasn't precisely lying, but it was a bit of a stretch. "It wasn't as bad as you feared, yes?" He rubbed her arm and kissed the top of her head.

<Jessica> "Because of the drugs," Jess nodded sagely. "They were awesome... still are awesome." She glanced up briefly when Viper came into the room to read numbers of monitors but she was used to this by now and could comfortably ignore it.

<Shaw> He laughed softly again, watching Sarkissian only for a moment. "She needs a name," he said, snuggling down into the bed with the both of them.

<Jessica> "She has a name," Jess brushed her lips lightly over her daughter's forehead.

<Shaw> "Miriam then." He smiled and reached over to fuss with the blanket wrapped around her.

<Jessica> Jess nodded, lifting her head a little to nuzzle his shoulder, "She needs a middle name though... what about Sarah?"

<Shaw> Of all things, it was this that made it difficult for him to swallow. Finally he nodded.

<Jessica> "Miriam Sarah Shaw... welcome to the family," she was rewarded with a yawn from the little girl in her arms. "I know, it's exhausting being so tiny and adorable."

<Shaw> "...awww..." He couldn't help it, and then had to look around for witnesses. Such as Sarkissian.

<Jessica> Jess giggled, "See? Even daddy thinks you're adorable. That makes you super special." She glanced up, too, spying an amused Viper near the doorway.

<Shaw> "It certainly does." He eyed the green-haired woman for a moment, and then dismissed her because he most definitely needed to brush his fingertip over his little girl's cheek and dark, downy hair. "It's too bad she didn't take after you more, although maybe it's better I don't have two beautiful blondes to mind."

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, "I like the dark hair, you know you're going to spoil her rotten she should at least have the decency to look like you for it."

<Shaw> "You're right." He laughed a little, then quieted again and brought his hand to Jess' cheek to turn it toward him and sent her a warm wave of his adoration. "Both of you."

<Jessica> She smiled, tilting her head to rest her forehead against his, "I love you."

<Shaw> "And I love you." Even though he knew he was no where near as exhausted as she was, he closed his eyes.