11/17 Issue: Pizzaritos

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/17 Issue: Pizzaritos

Post by Slarti »

Set a few days after Swimmers for Science.

<Anna> Anna sighed as she turned off the engine outside the crazy enormous old building. Last time she'd been there, that had been sooooo much work to do. But now she was just being a glorified taxi. She looked over at Tandy in the passenger seat, "Well, here we are. All in one piece."

<Tandy> Tandy gave Anna a slightly pained smile. She was never ever getting in a car with that woman ever again. "Yay!" She unhooked her seat belt, "Thanks for the ride... I figured you probably didn't want Ty stealing random stuff from your office...."

<Anna> "No, that would be bad...." Anna agreed, unhooking her own seatbelt because she wanted to pop in and say hi to Carol. "Thanks for your help today..."

<Tandy> "Oh, it's no problem. Happy to help... I mean, I kind of hate watching them go through that but..." she shrugged a shoulder as she closed the car door. "Means to an end...."

<Anna> Anna nodded, "Exactly... and we're out of other options... the street supply of kick is apparently drying up for some reason so there might be more work in your future..." Anna sighed heavily and started for the building, "The withdrawal is terrible."

<Tandy> "Yeah... I guess my way is the lesser of two evils..." she looked up when the door at the top of the stoop opened, raising a hand to wave at Carol. "Well, you have my number now so... give me a call if you find some more people that want a second chance..."

<Jeannie> It was totally a successful teke lesson with Beth. Absolutely. They weren't at all distracted by weed and giggling and why Doritos are shaped like triangles and not round like the little tortillas they are.

<Beth> "Let's make a round Dorito!" Beth suggested, already on the way to the kitchen. Did they have tortillas? Where was the shopping brain? Should she scan for specific brains right now? Probably not... she could fix any breakages later. Aaaand distraction, "Oh Tandy's back.... and Anna's here! Let's get her high too!"

<Jeannie> "Oooo, people!" Jean detoured from their course when she picked up on the approaching brains. She was not inclined to prod any, because she was being good. "Tandanna!"

<Beth> "Hey there's a guy on the internet that makes food out of itself... if we can't find tortillas we can make a round Dorito out of Doritos!" Beth suggested on her way down the stairs.

<Jeannie> "Foodception! That's amazing!" Jean was on board with the Dorito experimentation, but people! "Oh, Tandanna, don't you cry for meeee," she sang.

<Tandy> Tandy was half way into the building when she heard the singing and considered walking back out the door. She was too tired for high people... but she was trying to be sociable and she saw the look on Carol's face.

<Anna> Anna laughed at the singing as she stepped inside, "Hiiiii!"

<Jeannie> "Hi!" Jean floated toward the group and waved, looking a little crazy and very high.

<Beth> Beth was walking because she didn't trust her teke when she was high. "We're gonna play with food. Wanna join us?"

<Jeannie> "Why are Doritos triangles? I mean, they're totes tortillas right?! They should be round!"

<Anna> "Maybe they're supposed to be like little pizza slices... that's why you put salsa and cheese on them...." Anna suggested.

<Carol> Carol gave Anna a hard stare. Was she getting a contact high this fast? "You need supervision.”

<Jeannie> Jean's mouth dropped open at this revolutionary idea. "OMG. You are SO right!!" She spun in mid air to look at Beth. "We need cheese and salsa! Taco pizza Doritos!"

<Carol> Carol face-palmed then reached out and grabbed Tandy's wrist as she attempted to sneak off, "This is a two people job."

<Anna> Anna, for her part, was already on the way to the kitchen. "Pizza Doritooooos!"

<Jeannie> Oblivious, Jean started back toward the kitchen, too. "Pi-ritos! ...that's sounds like pee, so no. Not as good as Tandanna! Pizzaritos!"

<Beth> "Pizzaritos!" Beth laughed, "I love it!" She jumped the last few steps and slid on the floor, right into Carol.

<Carol> Carol steadied her and turned her toward the kitchen, "How many gummies did you eat?"

<Beth> "Eleventy-one!"

<Jeannie> Jean had caught up with Anna and tackled her for a hug.

<Anna> If it wasn't for her teke, Anna would be eating tiled floor right now. "Heeeeey!"

<Jeannie> "Heeeeeeey." Jean gave her a happy, goofy grin.

<Anna> She giggled, "You are so stoned." She righted them both and turned to give Jean a hug, "How've you been getting on?"

<Jeannie> "I aaaaaam," she giggled, but the question made her nose wrinkle and she thought maybe she could be more stoned. "Okay...ish I guess?"

<Anna> "Awww did I harsh your buzz? We can fix it." She gave Jean a squeeze, "With Pizzaritos. Everything is improved by cheese."

<Jeannie> This made Jean really laugh and she returned the squeeze. "A little, but it's okay. Me and Jamie are together, and alive, so we're good. Everything else is just bumps in the road, right?!" The weed meant she was easily and happily distracted from her angst. "Cheeeeese," she agreed.

<Anna> Anna smiled, "Yes! All good things!" The others were catching up so she turned into the kitchen. At least she could remember her way around the enormous building.

<Jeannie> Jean was clinging a little and let Anna lead. "Oooooh, yeah, I wanted to talk to you anyway! So good job showing up!"

<Anna> "I'm a telepath, you know." Anna said, giving a conspiratorial wink.

<Jeannie> "Me too, how fun is that?!" Jean giggled and waved a hand.

<Anna> "Convenient!" Anna laughed, going to help herself to some tea while she was there because it was free.

<Jeannie> Jean floated to the counter and parked her butt on it. "You have teke too, right?"

<Anna> Anna nodded, "Yeah otherwise when I'm all," she made some fart sounds, "Then I wouldn't be able to go anywhere... at least that's what I think."

<Jeannie> "Aaaaaand you heal people..." Jean was adding up these numbers in her head and was pretty sure she had a good idea.

<Anna> "Yeah... I used to do it on instinct but since then I have better control. I think my medical training weirdly helped," she gave Jean a grin. "I know how all the things work!"

<Carol> Having caught up to everyone else, Carol decided she needed more coffee for this and set about making some while Tandy found some music to put on because apparently everything needed music.

<Jeannie> Or, maybe not. She so was not going to medical school. She needed a dupe to send to medical school. Too bad her powers didn't work like that. "All the things!"

<Beth> Beth considered using her teke to open up the cabinets in the search for tortillas buuuuuut... the training sessions were mostly just... sessions. "Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean open the cupboards!"

<Jeannie> Jeeeeeaaaaaaan?! That was her! She perked up and looked at Beth, then nodded. The cabinet doors flew open. All of them.

<Beth> "Woo!" Beth climbed up on a table so she could see in all of them at once.

<Carol> Carol decided she needed a larger coffee.

<Jeannie> Woo-ing was infectious, so Jean did it too, then remembered she was doing something important. "Oh!" She turned back to Anna, her hair swishing. "Okay, so... I was wondering if you could show me how your powers work?"

<Anna> Anna frowned, "Which part? Because I'm pretty sure you already know how teke and telepathy work... probably better than me."

<Jeannie> "Your healing power." She swung her legs and bopped her head to a song in her own brain. "If it's an extension of your other powers, I might be able to do it too. Maybe. When I haven't had a whole ass bottle of special gummies."

<Tandy> Jean didn't need the music in her head because Tandy had figured out the stereo system and her phone's communication issue.

<Anna> "My healing power? Uh... I don't know how to show you that without doing it... and I don't know if I'm okay with someone hurting themself just so I can do that..." She wrinkled her nose, "I could do it before I could do the teke and telepathy thing though... I never really thought about the mechanics of it... whether it's matter manipulation or whatever..."

<Carol> "Maybe it's energy manipulation," Carol put in, thinking back to the incident with Ripley. "I did it once... wouldn't recommend."

<Jeannie> "Well, nobody has to go all emo on us. I could see how you do it through your memories." She grinned. "Or I could punch a dupe." Carol's comment made her turn her head. "Oh! I do that! You do that too?!" Wait. "Why? It's fun!"

<Carol> "Yeah see... I can manipulate energy no problem but if I'm giving someone else my energy to heal, apparently it takes a lot so I was kind of exhausted after. Had to go into space to recharge."

<Jeannie> "Spaaaaaace." Jean giggled and repeated it, because she like the sound. Oh, right. "Okay, yeah, that sucks. I can manipulate matter and matter and energy are, like, related right? So it makes sense. Oooor am I just too high to brain?"

<Carol> "Yeah they're related, that's why I can do this," Carol changed her clothes using her energy. "So I guess in your case you'd wanna experiment.... you can move matter around probably better than I can."

<Anna> Anna sat down, watching Beth season some tortillas very librally, "You can look in my head when you're sober," she determined, "Not before."

<Jeannie> "I really need to learn how to do that. Can you imagine how much money it would save?" Jean floated a packet of chips over to herself and opened it with her teke. She giggled at Anna. "Awwww, you don't want me in your head like this? It's fun! I can give you some gummies and then you won't care."

<Anna> Anna wrinkled her nose and blew on her tea, "I'll care when you erase four years of medical school and I can't tell your ass from your elbow anymore."

<Jeannie> Jean's mouth dropped open in offense. It was even half real offense! "Whaaaaaaat?!"

<Beth> "She does have a point," Beth gave Jean a grin then took her creation to the oven.

<Jeannie> "She does not!" She rounded on her friend and stuck out her tongue. "I'm great with brains! I never scrambled anybody's!"

<Beth> "You trying to tell me you've looked for specific information in a brain while this high and not got all distracted?"

<Jeannie> "Nooooo, that'd be crazy." She grinned. "Doesn't mean I couldn't, though."

<Tandy> "Yeah but I think you just missed Beth's point...." Tandy helpfully turned the oven on for Beth.

<Jeannie> "Nuhuh, I'm just looking on the bright side."

<Anna> Anna wrinkled her nose, "Stay out of my brain til you're sober. Please."

<Jeannie> Jean gave a heavy sigh and ate a chip.

<Anna> "I'm not sure what you're hoping to find in there anyway. I don't know how my powers work really... I just do it..."

<Jeannie> "I just do it too, mostly." Jean closed her eyes and focused on her clothing, as best as she could anyway. She tried to feel the fabric of her shirt in her mind and make it change.

<Beth> Beth flailed and covered her eyes, "Jeannie it's not working!"

<Jeannie> She eeped and looked down. "OMG! Where is my shirt!? Come back!!" She screwed her eyes shut and thought SHIRT.

<Tandy> Tandy decided covering her eyes was the sensible thing to do and copied Beth.

<Freja> Anna thought the situation was hilarious and started laughing. She was a doctor. She'd seen a lot of boobs.

<Carol> Carol rolled her eyes and shook her head, "I don't know if I can make other people's clothes change but I can try if you want..."

<Jeannie> "I can do it!" Jean felt warmer, feeling herself flush. What she didn't feel were the flames that sprang from her skin.

<Carol> "Okay! Just don't break anything while you try..."

<Jeannie> Jean wasn't breaking anything, but the fire was spreading and what looked like wings were starting to rise from her back - the second before her bra straps snapped. "Wrong way!"

<Anna> Anna was far too amused by this turn of events, "I'm so glad I came inside to say hi," she cackled.

<Carol> Well this was just getting worse. She decided to try helping whether Jean wanted her to or not.

<Jeannie> "I can do this!" The Little Engine that Could suddenly invaded her brain. Jean giggled to herself and decided she thought she could. IthinkIcanIthinkIcanIthinkIcan! Her bra was beyond her, but her shirt reformed, just as she remembered it. "WOOOO!"

<Carol> "I didn't want your skin to be the next thing that came off," Carol defended her assistance. "Good job."

<Jeannie> "It doesn't come off, it just gets fiery." She gave a nod, then cocked her head. "Oh, that was you I felt! Sneaky." Jean assessed her shirt, flames still licking over her skin. It might be a little tighter than it was before, and... was it cold in here?

<Carol> "Yeah that was me... I do that all the time so I figured I should try to show you... you need practise... or less high."

<Jeannie> She shrugged. "Both, but I can control the birb, no problem. I just don't know how to do all the tricks." Jean turned her glowy grin on Anna. "Like your tricks!"

<Anna> Anna nodded, "I think maybe practise more with clothes before you practise on people... unless you find a willing guinea pig that won't mind."

<Carol> "I can maybe help with the clothes thing... It's second nature to me now..."

<Jeannie> "There's a lot about the phoenix that I don't know," she admitted. "Practicing any of it around Jamie makes him jumpy since ... well, fire." She looked down at herself and swung her legs against the cabinet.

<Carol> "Then practise with me," Carol offered, "I can work something out for you. It's not a big deal. Gotta use my team leader credentials for something, right?"

<Jeannie> "It would be hard for me to set you on fire," she laughed, finally letting her own flames die down. "I really do want to try to see if I can learn how to heal people though."

<Anna> "You probably could... but you need to get really good on fine control to come at it from a teke angle probably. So work on that... then maybe I'll let you loose on some willing patients."

<Jeannie> "Okay, despite my wardrobe failure, I am good at fine control... most of the time, but yeah, just never used it on a person."

<Anna> Anna shook her head, "No no, not regular fine control like 'can I write my name with this pencil?' fine control. I mean microscopic fine control. Like 'can I take the nucleous out of this cell?' kind of levels."

<Jeannie> Jean nodded. "When I'm not wasted AF? Maybe. But yeah, I get it. I'll work on it."

<Anna> "I can make some stuff for you to work with too," Anna decided, "I have supplies."

<Carol> "There you go. Between the three of us we'll make you even more useful," Carol gave her a grin, then eyed the oven, "Beth, it smells like that thing is done."

<Beth> "Thing?" Beth had been watching a spider build a web in fascination, "Oh! Mega Tortilla baby!" She dove off the table she'd been occupying.

<Jeannie> "That sounds awesome," she said, giving them a broad smile. "I gotta do whatever I can to keep my family safe, right?"

<Jeannie> Jean was truly touched, but was also still high enough to be easily distracted. "It's Pizzaritos time!!"
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 11/17 Issue: Pizzaritos

Post by Esynthia »

Jamie is now officially worried