2/1 Issue: To Begging!

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

2/1 Issue: To Begging!

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: A day after Call of Shame

Bobby: "Yeah, so that Hodge guy is a piece of work, but the senator... I think she was worse." Bobby waved at the bartender to get him to bring them another round. "She got 'em all worked up... you shoulda seen the shit they were doing to that blowup doll." He made a face at his drinking partner for the evening.

Jamie: Jamie waggled his eyebrows at Bobby, "I bet they were doing everything that lady senator wants to do to him, and then some. I hear she's kinda hot, even though she's crazy." He sucked down the last of his pint when the next one was set in front of him. "What worries me the most is that I know that doll will probably wind up in my house... With Jean and Beth," he shuddered.

Bobby: He considered this, head tilting as he regarded the new beer. "Yeah... she's hot, in a... weird librarian way, I guess..." He made another face and dismissed the thought. "Definitely crazy though." He laughed. "Oh yeah, Beth took it home. She called dibs on it early. Good luck with that."

Jamie: Another shudder wracked him as he picked up his new glass, nearly spilling it. "Jean told me she wanted it... I just... I hope it stays far away from me." He downed a third of the glass, trying to drown the thought that it likely wouldn't. "So, after she got 'em worked up, did she at least stick around to enjoy the chaos? Did Hodge? Does any politician get to enjoy their revelry?"

Bobby: Bobby cackled at Jamie's horror, then took a drink. "Nope! She worked 'em up, then fucked off and left Hodge to try to follow her act. So he got crazier and shit went sideways."

Jamie: "Ugh. Man, why don't these assholes ever leave well enough alone? I know we need a new president because of the rules or whatever, but... Things are relatively peaceful. Most of the people are happy. Kind of. Let it be, dudes." He held up his drink in mock salute, "Live and let die. In peace. Without help."

Bobby: Bobby started humming Live and Let Die and took another drink. "I dunno, man. I fucking hate politics." He sighed. "We better hope Rhodey can pull out a win, because the Osborn crowd ain't fans of us special snowflakes."

Jamie: "Rhodey's got Stark behind him. If the crazies aren't too many, he's a shoe-in. If they are," he shrugged and took another drink himself, letting that answer for him. "I guess either way, I win because I'll have work."

Bobby: "The X-Men might get disbanded right outta the chute though, so then you'll get Jean full time." He gave him a dirty grin. "I'm sure you wouldn't mind." Returning to his story, he nodded. "Jean and Beth were really helpful keeping the crowd calm once shit started popping off. And Tandy... she shoots these light daggers that make people rethink shitty decisions. Which is one of the weirdest fuckin' powers I've encountered in a while, but handy."

Jamie: "Handy Tandy," he gave a shit-eating grin. "That sounds like a sex position. Maybe Jean'll be up for making something up to go with it." Bobby definitely wasn't wrong about Jamie wanting Jean around full-time. Which gave him more ideas about handy things. "It is kinda cool, though. When it works the way it's supposed to. I think there was somethin' about her not being able to control overdosing or some shit."

Bobby: "I wouldda been fine with her ODing some of those assholes with regret." He pushed away the thought that he better not let Tandy zap him anytime soon. "Handy Tandy," he repeated, contemplating the options with a dirty grin.

Jamie: "Sounds like fun, right?" He gave Bobby a malicious grin over the rim of his glass before swallowing more of the ice cold delicious adult nectar of future drunken shenanigans. "I guess you guys were able to get everything under control, then. I don't remember hearing anything about mass murder on the news."

Bobby: "Yeah, your girl and Beth and Tandy got 'em all calmed down and got 'em to fuck off, and me and Carol manhandled the worst of the ones who wanted to fight."

Jamie: "Handy Tandy and Manhandling. Boy, sounds like I missed out on a lot more fun than anybody thought to tell me about." Jamie waggled his eyebrows again. "Good times, all around. Sounds kind of like it was over too quick for anybody who likes it rough, though."

Bobby: Bobby gave Jamie the side eye. "Did I mention this one fucker was wearing the flag as a diaper? It definitely wasn't the fun kinda manhandling, dude. We had to be real careful we didn't permanently crack any of the nutcases."

Jamie: Jamie choked on the beer he had been trying to swallow and gave Bobby a look of disgust when it finally went down. "And he doesn't think that's disrespectful? Not to mention disgusting."

Bobby: "Who knows. Like I said, nutcases," he said, shaking his head and taking a drink. "Most of 'em were dressed up and painted like they thought it was the Super Bowl or something instead of a political rally." He sighed. "And Rogue showed up right in the middle of it. Thank fuck nobody recognized her."

Jamie: "Yeah, Jean told me she showed. And then bolted." He shrugged. "Any, um, progress on that front?" Should that be a subject for 'in public'? Alcohol says yes. Rightio.

Bobby: "She showed, waded into the middle of crowd right by the stage, then had a panic attack and bolted," he said. What had actually caused that was still a mystery to him, and apparently to her too.

Jamie: "Well that much I know. I'm engaged to an empath, remember?" Jamie grinned, "Helpful when I'm horny and she's not." He flagged the bartender for another round. "I meant with the whole... Stuff and things."

Bobby: Bobby snorted into his beer. "Thanks for sharing," he laughed, then turned his head to look at Jamie. "Stuff and things? Really?"

Jamie: "You want me to say it in detail? It's a risk even asking it in public, dude. But sweet, sweet adult liquid says it doesn't matter." Yes, stuff and things. Noob.

Bobby: "She's still right where she was, but our... things haven't changed." He gave Jamie a look with a raised eyebrow and drained his glass. "And neither has our stuff."

Jamie: "Still going forward with that, then?" He shook his head. "You're both dumb." Jamie picked up the new glass and drained most of it. Dumb. Dumb and in love. Why? Why bring that up? Now there's enough connection to commiserate about it. Dammit. "Makes you do stupid shit. Like blow up the world."

Bobby: "Blow up the world? You got somethin' you wanna share there?" He thanked the bartender and took a careful drink of his overly full beer. "All I blow up is my own life." Well, and Paige's.

Jamie: Jamie shot him a look, one eyebrow arched high. "If you don't think the President has a big red button, you're totally kidding yourself."

Bobby: "Tony is not gonna blow up the world over this," he scoffed, waving a hand. "He probably has a list of backups after Rogue."

Jamie: "That's an awful thing to say. He seems to be pretty in love with her from what I've seen." That's not being a helpful or supportive friend, is it? ...Not even a little. "If you lost Rogue, would you want to blow up the world?"

Bobby: He shot him a look. "Dude, I've been down that path. It wasn't the world I blew up, but it was some very bad people. I ain't going there again."

Jamie: He leaned on his forearms and gave Bobby a pointed look back. "You lost her to another dude? Did you know you loved her then? Did she?"

Bobby: "No, I don't mean it's literally the same situation, but I've been through some pretty fucked up shit in my life, and I've taken the dark side path before. Ain't doing it again."

Jamie: "It wouldn't be you doing it. It'd be Tony. WMD extraordinaire. With his big red button." What was he not getting about this? Just shut up and drink. Jamie did just that.

Bobby: "I keep tellin' you, Tony wouldn't do that. It seems like he loves her, yeah, but he's not stupid, dude." Bobby shook his head and downed half the glass.

Jamie: "Drink up, buddy. It's the only way to drown your denial." Jamie finished his glass and waved for another.

Bobby: "Yeah, yeah," he said, chilling the glass before taking another drink. "I've been drowning everything lately, seems like."

Jamie: "Drowning everything? You making ice just to melt it?"

Bobby: "Drinking. It's not like it's gonna really hurt me, because powers, but it makes me dumber."

Jamie: "Same and saaaaame. Although, it can be hilarious later." Jamie frowned as he thought about that. "Until you become an alchie. Then it's not so great."

Bobby: "Becoming an alchie isn't the only danger." He took another drink, debating if he should get into this. "I guess I sorta ended up taking your advice."

Jamie: "Oh yeah?!" He perked up and did a proud upper body wiggle akin to a peacock fanning his feathers. "Stranger danger is not a real thing when it comes to alcohol and sex."

Bobby: "Yeaaaah, but it wasn't a stranger, so that's a problem." He took another drink, longer this time.

Jamie: Jamie suddenly stilled and just watched him. "No. Nope. Nuh uh." It's never good to know these things.

Bobby: He gave him a look around his glass. "Carol."

Jamie: He was very glad he wasn't holding his glass or standing. Although his foot did slip on the rung of the barstool and he almost fell off the seat. SPEAK. "Dumbass!" NOT THAT. "What the fuck were you thinking?" OR THAT. "...Was she good?" Oh for the love of....

Bobby: "I wasn't fuckin' thinking, obviously," he said, looking around the bar to see if anyone paid any intention to his outburst. Then he snorted. "What do you think?" He smirked.

Jamie: "I mean, girls like that are either amazing or dead fish. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing because you can play with their rack." He frowned, suddenly overcome with a question that he wondered if Jean sneaked into his brain. "You've not done anything with Rogue besides kiss, right? Not even gotten to make out with her yet?" He had to work up to it. Lay the ground work, if you will.

Bobby: Bobby ran his tongue over his teeth, forcefully reminded of Carol's rack. After a drink, he frowned. "No, we were wasted the last time we kissed and it could have gone further, but we didn't..."

Jamie: "So... Using your imagination, then, since you know Rogue well enough that I'm sure you've discussed her sex life before since girls like to talk about that kind of thing with their bffs... Who's better?" Jamie gave Bobby a lopsided grin over the rim of his glass before drinking the glass down to half.

Bobby: "We never discussed her sex life, actually," he said, thinking about this. "She didn't have a whole hell of a lot of one for a long time because of her powers." Bobby very nearly spewed beer at Jamie's grin. "Who's better?!"

Jamie: That was what he said right? Jamie replayed it in his head to make sure. Yep. "At least rate their racks. I know you've seen them both, right? Gimme somethin', dude. C'mon."

Bobby: "I'm not answering that, dude." He shook his head, but now he was thinking about it... "I mean, Carol's are bigger..."

Jamie: "Bigger isn't always better." He held up both hands, imagining one of each size in each hand, giving invisible squeezes. "Jean's are perky. Big can be.... Gravity is a thing."

Bobby: Paige's were perky... Bobby cut off that thought train. "Gravity doesn't seem to be a thing for aliens," he mused, draining his beer and signaling the bartender.

Jamie: Both of Jamie's eyebrows went up and the hand holding the invisible Carol boob sifted slightly. "Still hard to fit my hand around." His head tilted to one side, eying it carefully, then to the other to examine Rogue's invisible boob. Scary or not, she had great boobs. "Jean's are better than both. Can confirm."

Bobby: He laughed. "I'm glad you think so." After a moment, he licked his lips as he watched Jamie fondle the air. "Carol's a handful, in more ways than one."

Jamie: Oooh. New mental image. Jamie's head tilted again and both of his hands shifted to grab invisible asses. "Whose ass is better?"

Bobby: "You're just gonna tell me that Jean's is better," he laughed, which... his own head tilted. It was impressive in that uniform.

Jamie: "Well, duh. I'm fuckin' smitten, dude. Everything about her is perfect." He considered the asses and gave a succinct nod. "Yep. And I've seen enough to confirm my hypothesis. Not that it really needed confirmation, but ya know."

Bobby: "I'm glad you're fiance is perfect," he chuckled, shaking his head and trying not to think about his own experiences with the women in his life. Bobby took another drink, stewing on that.

Jamie: "Once you've got the one you love forever, everybody else is just... Not quite right, ya know?" Jamie gave Bobby a goofy grin. "You know. I know you know. You just don't know yet."

Bobby: "I've known twice before," he said, giving Jamie a tight smile and taking a drink. He was feeling the alcohol, or he wouldn't be talking about this, but he wasn't feeling it enough.

Jamie: Riiiight. Jamie forgot. He frowned at his beer. Not nice, adult beverage. "That calls for something stronger." And another question. "If Paige is one of those, then it wasn't that. You know? Or you'd grovel and beg and debase yourself until she took you back."

Bobby: "I don't know anymore. Paige felt like it, but then after a while, it's like we didn't work anymore." He sighed and called the bartender over yet again. "She was more interested in her job than me or the kids."

Jamie: "That's not how it's supposed to work, dude. You're supposed to be smitten forever. Like, sure, you fight and they drive you crazy, but there's nothing you'd rather do than be with them." He sent lovey dovey feelings to Jeannie with a dumb grin on his face. "Not saying you didn't have that with Paige... But sounds like maybe she didn't have that with you."

Jamie: "Although... Is that how you feel about Carol now? Did you tell Rogue yet?"

Bobby: "Okay, so when you and Jean weren't together, you banged all those women in your book, yeah?" He frowned into the beer, not wanting to think about Paige right now. "I think... me and Lorna had that, but..." Bobby cleared his throat. No thinking there either. "But you were still in love with Jean the whole time?"

Jamie: "Well, yeah. But I thought we were doneso, so I was just filling my time." Jamie ordered a couple of bourbons and eyeballed Bobby. "Did Rogue tell you she didn't want to be with you?"

Bobby: "No, in fact she told me she does." He smiled a little into the bottom of the beer, then looked up at Jamie. "She doesn't know I got drunk and fucked Carol. And the thing with Carol? It's... you were kinda right. It was just sex." He shrugged.

Jamie: "Well if she does then why do you need to fill your time with other women?" He closed one eye to try and think that one through. Bobby was a one-woman man same as him. "You don't do 'just sex.' You told me that. And I never said to have it be someone you know. Much less someone who knows the woman you're wanting to love forever and ever."

Jamie: The bourbon came and he held up his glass in a toast, and cleared his throat. "I think my first involuntary reaction was the right one, so I'll say it again. Dumbass!"

Bobby: "Carol reminded me that I'm effectively single now, and we were drunk, and she was in my lap, which started out as just being stupid and ended up being really stupid." He took the glass and watched Jamie suspiciously, then made a face at the toast. "Yeah, yeah."

Jamie: "You let the woman who let her daughter get taken away from her tell you that you were effectively single before your divorce papers are even signed?! Dude! That's grounds for never letting you see your kids again! What the fuck?"

Bobby: "That's why I'm not arguing that I'm a dumbass, okay?!" He knocked back the bourbon. "Look, we were keyed up from the rally, I couldn't get Rogue to call me back after she turned up and then scrammed, it seemed... like a good idea at the time. No shame, 'cause I'm as good as divorced. I didn't even think of the other stuff like the actual divorce until later. Even still, it's not like it's gonna happen again and Carol ain't gonna say anything. She do

Bobby: She does it all the time, apparently."

Jamie: "Dude, this kind of shit is what keeps my lights on. Hurt women going through a divorce, just looking for ways to keep their kids all to themselves. I get hired to snoop, take photos, hijack security cameras, the whole shebang." Why didn't this occur before the bourbon? Adultier beverage called for adultier thoughts. So there.

Jamie: "And you did it because Rogue ignored you? For how long? A couple of hours? Do me a favor, man. Never drink with Carol again. I don't want to have to tell Paige I can't take her case because then she'd know why. Because 'good as' doesn't cut it with custody, dude."

Bobby: "Nah, that's why I'm drinking with you instead," he said, giving him a grin that was mostly teeth. "I don't have to worry about waking up naked with you in the morning."

Jamie: "Only if my clothes catch on fire." That made him shudder and he rolled his shoulders inside his coat. No fire. "You realize Carol can get court martialed for it, too? Like, this entire thing? Bad news. Horrible, really. The worst ever. Worse than the other news that ends in the big red button."

Bobby: "Why would she get court martialed?" Bobby gave him an honestly clueless look at that, frosting the empty bourbon glass in his hands. "We're both adults, and it's not like we're gonna advertise it."

Jamie: "Because she's your CO. Commanding officer. X-Men is government sanctioned now, so they have to adhere to the government rules. And that one? That one is huge." He slowly sipped his bourbon and watched Bobby, while he did. He felt smart. Smart is relative. Law school says otherwise. Didn't pass the BAR. Didn't take the BAR...on purpose.

Bobby: He made a face. "Is she though? I'm technically part of another team entirely, too, so hey." His head tipped sideways. "Also no worries about fucking Darren on that one."

Jamie: Jamie arched an eyebrow, quizzically, "Yeah, but she's the leader of the X-Men. I'm not talking Air Force or SHIELD or SWORD or whatever-the-hell-it's-called-now. X-Men." Waaaiiiit. "Was I supposed to be worried about you fucking Darren? Because then that would go back to my initial thought that you had a crush on me."

Bobby: "SWORD. I've been on SWORD for years," he gave Jamie a look. "I said no worries about fucking Darren, dude! I don't do dick!" Except that one time, his brain helpfully reminded him. Bobby found himself looking around since his voice came out louder than intended, too. For fuck's sake.

Bobby: "I meant," he said at a lower volume, "that Darren's my CO there, but he's also married to one of the members, so I don't think those rules apply to us."

Jamie: "They do. There are special circumstances where you can get permission or get grandfathered in, so-to-speak. I mean, if you have a married couple join up at the same time, there's a pretty big chance one of them is going to be a rank or three above the other."

Jamie: Jamie rolled his eyes, "Dude, I know you know it was a bad idea. But I don't think you thought of all the reasons why it was a bad idea. Besides the obvious two of one: you don't do just sex and two: Rogue's going to be heart broken."

Bobby: He waved a hand at Jamie's protests about rules and ranks, and the eye roll. It looked creepy on him, like a spooked horse. "I don't do just sex, except apparently when I do, 'cause nothing between me and Carol has changed and-" His last words made Bobby wince and his stomach clench. "Yeeeah, that is my main worry, dude."

Jamie: He shrugged one shoulder and swallowed the rest of the bourbon. "You gotta live with the consequences. That's why, when I did the 'just sex' I went into it with zero romantic attachments and we laid the ground rules before anything got physical. There are rules. No strings attached is a lie." Jamie watched him for a moment. "Are you going to tell her? Or are you going to let her find out with her," he waggled his fingers in Bobby's face, "thing?"

Bobby: "Her... thing?" He blinked at the fingers for a minute, then swore. "Her thing. Fuuuuuck me, as soon as she touches me, s-she'll fuckin' know!" He let his forehead thunk into the bar, narrowly missing the glass.

Jamie: ".....You really hadn't thought about that? At all?! Dude!" Jamie reached out and moved Bobby's glass a little bit away in case he decided he needed to kill some more braincells with some headbar again. "She's got the scariest power known to man and you didn't think about it?!"

Bobby: "No," he said, voice muffled. "'Cause her scary power doesn't work that way on me! She doesn't knock me out!" But he'd told Carol his psyche had its own permanent lockbox in Anna's head. Two and two did not equal four. His students really would laugh at him. He thumped his forehead against the bar once more for good measure.

Jamie: "Fucking hell, dude. Then you have two options. Man up or man up. Because if she finds out with her powers, it will not end well. For anyone. Remember the big red button? Yeah, I bet she'd push it."

Bobby: Bobby looked up at Jamie. "Yeah... she'd push it."

Jamie: All Jamie could do was give Bobby a look that very clearly said he told him so. "I recommend grovelling, begging, and debasing. Like I mentioned you would've done with Paige if she was the end-all-be-all-love-of-your-life. Unless Rogue isn't that for you, either. Then it's just gonna suck for a while."

Bobby: He pushed himself upright, slowly, and with a heavy sigh. "Groveling, huh?" He licked his lips. "With Paige I didn't because... I think things were already on the rocks. But with Rogue... it felt right, like I hadn't felt for...ever. I think she's it, dude. I think she's..." He swallowed past the lump in his throat. "Gonna kill me."

Jamie: Jamie pat him on the shoulder and ordered... What was stronger than bourbon? Damned adult beverages causing forgetfulness… Whatever they had that was stronger than bourbon. "Dude, if she's it, it'll work out. Without you being dead." Hopefully.

Bobby: "Yeah, like things always tend to work out in my favor," he snorted, shaking his head.

Jamie: "Well not with that attitude!" He set Bobby's shot in front of him and took up his own. "Keep 'em comin'." Jamie turned back to Bobby and gave him a determined look. "You love her, right? She loves you, right? She's gonna dump the man who can blow up the world for you, right? How could that go wrong?"

Bobby: Bobby watched Jamie's sudden one-eighty with narrowed eyes, but... whoa. The dude was serious. "Right?"

Jamie: "To groveling!" Jamie held up his shot glass and motioned for Bobby to do the same so they could do the clinky thing before drinking them. "Sex with Carol may be awesome, but love with Rogue is way better. Right?"

Bobby: "Right..." He held up the shot in a somewhat unsteady hand for this very weird toast. "To groveling," he agreed after a beat, then took the shot.

Jamie: Jamie took his and slammed the shot upside down on the bar just as another was brought over. "To begging!"

Bobby: "O-oh, there's more," he stuttered, putting down his own shot glass. He half turned in the chair and gave Jamie the most level look he could manage. "And this is what you would do, if it was you and Jean?"

Jamie: "There's more?! That you haven't told me? Dude. You can't just let me make up my own stuff in my head to fill in the gaps. You should know by now that's always a bad idea." Ohh, tough call. PSYCH. "DUH. Of course, I wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place, but absolutely."

Bobby: "No, not more more, I meant more..." he waved his hand at the booze, but then went ahead and picked up the new shot glass. "Although... Rogue wants to come to the nuthouse and make me dinner sometime this week..."

Jamie: "To begging," he repeated, enthusiastically. "Then I guess you'd better figure out how to tell her before she kisses you on the cheek." Jamie downed his shot and called for the next. "Oh! I know! Pretend I'm her."

Bobby: "I'm not kissing you," he said, giving Jamie and his scruffy cheeks a dubious look, but after a moment he mumbled what he wanted - "To begging?" Bobby downed his shot, closing one eye.

Jamie: "Pffft. You should be so lucky." Now he's getting it! He picked up the next that had just been passed over. "To debasement!"

Bobby: "To whatever the fuck works!" He nodded and decided to down the last shot after giving it a half-hearted wave toward Jamie's glass.

Jamie: "One more. Onemoreonemoreonemore." He picked up the next one and grinned at Bobby. "To hoping like hell she forgives you and doesn't use Tony's big red button. Or! Marry him and use his big red button."

Bobby: Bobby gave Jamie a confused frown and then groaned. "Fuckin' hell, you're right... I hope she's feeling forgiving..."

Jamie: "She seems like she's the forgiving type." He nodded and waved a hand at the general area of Bobby's next shot. "Forgiving or murderous. She scares me," he whispered.

Bobby: "Forgiving... and murderous," he said in a drunken whisper, reaching for that next shot. "I really love her..."

Jamie: "Soooo... Tell her that. Better yet! Show her that." He fumbled in his jacket pocket and pulled out his phone. "Nope... No... Not that one. Not it... Where'd it.. I put it... The thing... There!" He stopped on a photo in his gallery that he'd hidden from Jean. "Violin!" ...What? "Violet!" ...Still no. "Viola!" ......Close enough. Stop drinking. No!

Bobby: Bobby found a phone in his face and went slightly cross-eyed until he craned his neck back and the ring came into view. "Is that pink?"

Jamie: "Of course it's pink! It's her favorite color, dude. And this ring is from the 1930s. Noir for daaaaays. I'm proposing at Christmas. No pig shit this time." He looked back at the ring and smiled, then closed the tab. Noooo peeky for Jeannie. "Show Rogue that you love her. That you're a fuck up who fucked up, but it won't happen again because you l- wait. It won't happen again, right?"

Bobby: "I-it's pretty..." He'd gotten Paige a pink engagement ring, too. Although not as... bright. And definitely not noir. He didn't even want to know about the pig shi... yes, yes he did. "Pig shit?!"

Bobby: "No! It's not gonna happen again!"

Jamie: "I tried to propose in the snow at my parents' farm, but one of the piglets tripped me and I landed in mud and manure." That sentence was really hard to say in a coherent manner right now. Be proud. He puffed up his chest, indeed proud of himself. What else did he say? OhrightthesexwithsomeonenotRogueorhiswife. Yep. "How do you know?" Super helpful! Jamie puffed again.

Bobby: "Ahhh, the romance of the pig farm..." Bobby was impressed Jamie got all that out and it was almost understandable for all that booze. "I know! I'm getting drunk with you and not Carol, remember!"

Jamie: "Yeah, but that doesn't mean that when you get back home the thing with the thing and the stuff because of the woo-woo won't happen again." He closed one eye while he thought about that sentence. "Carol would fuck you sober. You wouldn't have fucked her sober, though, I bet."

Jamie: Waitaminute... "Or would you? If you'd fuck her sober, that's a baaaad sign, dude. Baaad." He snerked. "Baaaaaad. Immasheep. Baaaaaaad."

Bobby: "I wouldn't have fucked anyone if I was sober!" Well, except Anna. Oops, again that came out in the loud voice and he looked around, but the fact his companion was now making livestock noises kind of distracted from his lack of volume control.

Jamie: "Not even me?! Offense given and taken. I'm a fucking catch." Jamie gave Bobby a lopsided grin. "You gonna buy her a ring'r what?"

Bobby: "Oh, you're something alright," he laughed, then hiccuped, then laughed again. Fucking hell. Wait, wait... "I think getting her a ring is kinda rushing it, don't you?"

Jamie: "Iunno. You need to show her, though. Words are meaningless without the actions to back them up." He spun on his stool to face the rest of the bar. "I bet these people know what I mean. I love love. You fucked it up. Fix it."

Bobby: Bobby looked in horror at the other bar patrons, noticing a woman eying them both up now. "Oh, fuck me..."

Jamie: "She wants to. I'm taken. She can't have me. You, however, like to fuck women when drunk, even though you're still married and in love with another woman who you've promised you'd wait for until she can get her life sorted out." He took a long breath, nodded, turned back to the bar, picked up his bourbon, and turned back. He toasted the woman and nearly fell over.

Bobby: The woman's mouth opened, then closed and Bobby winced. "He's... wasted," he tried, then Jamie nearly fell off his stool and proved the point for him. Until he tried to catch him, then Bobby slid off himself. "Motherfucker!"

Jamie: HA! "So're you." Jamie had been able to right himself and looked down at Bobby with a shit-eating grin. "One more time: No sex with anybody but wife until signs are signatured. No sex with anybody but love after that."

Bobby: "Yeah, yeah," he grumbled, trying to right himself as he looked up at Jamie. "Check, no pre-signature sexing..."

Jamie: Jamie held a hand down for him, bracing himself with the bar in preparation of the pulling. "And only post-signature sexing with who?"

Bobby: "You, pretty boy." He gave him a playful leer and slapped his hand into his.

Jamie: That earned him a flail as he tried to make him let go "No! I don't want any! Where's the bad touch doll so I can show mommy where the bad man touched me?"

Bobby: Bobby cackled and used Jamie's resisting hand and his other on the bar rail to hoist himself up. "Y'deserved that one," he laughed, giving Jamie a pat on the shoulder as he swayed on his feet. "I get it, dude, I gotta fix things with Rogue. Check."

Jamie: "Bono," he nodded once and snickered at his on sway from the movement of his head. "Boono." Once more with feeling. "BUENO!" Woo! "She's scary. No murder button pressing. Fix it."

Bobby: "She's not scary," he protested, inching his way back to his barstool.

Jamie: "Says you. You'd like to fuck an infinite nummer of Ro's. Nope. Noooo touchy."

Bobby: "Her touchy doesn't hurt me, so yeah says me," he said, staring at the collection of empty glasses on the bar and wondering where the bartender had gone.

Jamie: Oooo. That was a fun question. "How many?" Jamie snickered and blindly reached for a glass, tipping it up for a drink, then frowning into it when nothing hit his tongue.

Bobby: "....how many what?" His own head was starting to hurt trying to follow this conversation and the room was slowly rotating around them.

Jamie: "Rogues. How many would you want if you could have as many hers as I can make mes?" Jamie set the glass down and reached for another one. Empty again. Did he, or did he not, say to keep them coming? He frowned at the barback and started to push himself over the bar, sliding on his stomach to try and reach the spray nozzle.

Bobby: "One. One is... plenty." Although... "If she absorbed you.... hmm..." Then Bobby noticed that Jamie was inching over the bar. He grabbed for the back of his trench coat. "Whooa there, dude."

Jamie: "Hmm? Is that good hmm or a bad hmm?" No! So close! His fingers could brush the buttons, but because of Bobby grabbing him, he wasn't able to press them. Or grab the thing. To shoot at wherever the bartender went. "I don't want her to touch me. But yeah. If you could have a million billion zillion hers, how many?"

Bobby: "It's a hmm, because you know, a few could be fun..." He shook himself. "If she touched you, she'd knock your ass out and then go looking for Jean, so I don't blame you."

Jamie: "Jean'd like it," he wrinkled his nose and finally slid back towards his chair. "I nd't." Jamie blinked. "She'd want Jean all the time with my powers or just li'l bit?"

Bobby: "Iunno, how much you want Jean? That'd be how much she wants Jean." He shrugged, letting go of the guy since he seemed to be over his bar diving.

Jamie: "Ohhhh. That's... She'd leave me for Rogue." He made a face at Bobby. "Would she leave you for Jean?"

Bobby: "She would?" Bobby returned the face. "Iunno," he repeated. "She doesn't normally like girls..."

Jamie: "Oh, phew. Then I'm safe. Jean'd only do it with consent." He nodded emphatically twice and then couldn't get his head to stop. It felt heavy. Jamie laughed at the way it was making things spin. "I like girls. But I love Jeannie."

Bobby: Hoo boy. Bobby knew he was drunk, but Jamie was... a bobblehead. It made him giggle. "I like girls, but I love A-Rogue," he decided, catching himself at the last moment.

Jamie: "That's cuuute. She's Rogue, but you call her 'a rogue' like that's just her class in a character creation or somethin'." Wait. Jamie squeezed his eyes shut and gripped the bar, forcing himself to stop moving while he tried to think. "Does she know that?"

Bobby: "Uh... aaaaa Rogue, like, just one Rogue. There's only one Roguey. Yup." He winced, closing one eye and taking in Jamie's concentrating face. "She knows what I call her." Ha! Who's drunk now?!

Jamie: "Nooooooooooooooooooo," he took a breath, "oooooooooooooooo..." Jamie opened one eye slowly, then the other, once he was sure the thought was still cemented in his brain. "That you love her. Forever and always, until the end of time, soul mate, love her."

Bobby: "She knows that I love her," he said, quiet this time as he thought about their last phone call. Fucking hell he'd fucked up in the most fucking fucked up way.

Jamie: "That's even more cute than making her the only Rogue for youuuu." Jamie suddenly felt like Jean might be listening in. "Jean is the only firebird for meeee..." Fire... He convulsed a bit and tried to stand. "I think we were stood up."

Bobby: "Whoa, you okay there?" Bobby reached for him in case he decided to make another bar dive, but he was twitchy instead. "I think it's time we get you home to Jean, dude."

Jamie: "Jeannie. Right. First,though..." He took a pen and his notepad from his inside pocket and wrote a note to the bartender. 'I don't aprec--- appreec--- like being stood up. Add it to my tab. -Madrox' "You're staying over, though. It's safer to walk home the two blocks than to straighten up and fly right." Right? Yeah. "Rogue can have you tomorrow. Or... Whenever you decide she can touchy."

Bobby: Bobby opened his mouth to point out he could sober up whenever he wanted, but... he didn't want. Not yet. Sober meant he had to adult. "Okay," he agreed, watching Jamie write the note while he fished out his own wallet to leave the poor guy some cash. "We can make it two blocks, and then not pass out naked together."

Jamie: "Pass out naked alone." Jamie slapped the note down along with the card for X-Factor Investigations so the guy could call him and turned on his heel to leave. And promptly got tangled in his own legs and fell.

Jean: Jean had to block her link to Jamie a while ago, otherwise she'd be too second-hand drunk to work, or to drive home. Of course, when she got home she wished she was drunk. On the landing, in a pile of arms, legs, fur, and trench coat, were her fiancé, her former math teacher, and her dog. All of them were asleep. All of them were snoring. "Wow."