5/4 Issue: Build-a-Nounours

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/4 Issue: Build-a-Nounours

Post by Slarti »

Timelined on Aug. 3, 2023.

Tony: Tony was pretty sure this was one of his better ideas. He gave Anna Marie a bright grin and climbed out of the limo and into the plaza capped by the Eiffel Tower. The secret service was everywhere, of course, and its French equivalent, whatever they were called, but for the moment, he pretended they were completely alone.

Tony: "Tada," he said, taking her hand and giving it a tight squeeze as he helped her from the limo. Tony flourished his free hand at the view. "Well look at that. Don't see one of those every day."

Rogue: Rogue gave Tony a warm smile as she stepped out of the limo, squeezing his hand back, and then she turned to look at what he was gesturing to. He had made sure the windows were completely blacked, both inside and out, so she had no idea where they were going to wind up. Not that she was looking at anything but him, anyway. "Tony," she murmured in awe, her eyes lit up by the sight of it.

Rogue: "Tada don't quite cover it, sugah. This is... Wow." She slowly pulled her gaze from the tower to look at him. "One o' these days, y' gonna run outta ways t' top y' self."

Tony: "I doubt that, but if I do then I'll just let you top me." He winked and pulled her in for a kiss.

Rogue: "Y' don't hafta tell me twice," she murmured just before their lips met. "There's enough room in th' limo, Ah'm sure."

Tony: "Mmmm," he responded in the kiss, tempted, but when they broke apart he shook his head. "I'll take a rain check on that, since I'm still topping for now."

Rogue: "Y' c'n be on top any time y' want, sugah." She rose on her toes just enough for another soft kiss, then turned back to look at the Eiffel Tower. They were starting to draw a little more attention now that they'd been standing there and putting on a tasteful show for the tourists and locals, but Rogue didn't care. The flash of the phone cameras kind of added to the allure of it all.

Tony: Tony watched her looking at the tower for a moment, then grinned at the crowds they were drawing. The secret service hated it, but Tony didn't care. He waved to a few tourists, including a group of Japanese with overlarge cameras. Somewhere overhead, he knew Heather was watching them. Nothing to worry about.

Rogue: Rogue turned back to look at him when he waved, beaming as she watched his face. She was so proud of him. And happy for him. And because of him. "Ah love you. Ah hope y' know that." She ignored the small ache in her chest knowing that she couldn't have everything she wanted and just tried to focus on him. On them.

Tony: "I do," he said, still waving, but then he looked down at her with a real smile. "I know it, and I love you, too." With that, he turned to her and dipped her for another kiss while the cameras and phones flashed around them.

Rogue: Without her powers, she had to trust him to not drop her, and she did. Rogue trusted this man with every part of herself and she let him hold her in the dip for as long as he wanted, snaking her arms up around his neck and tangling her fingers in the back of his hair. This was the perfect birthday. He thrived on the attention and cheering from the crowd and she thrived on the attention and touches from him.

Tony: He was indeed thriving, and he kissed her thoroughly before slowly bringing her up and setting her back on her feet. Tony broke the kiss and brushed her nose with his lips as well. "Happy birthday," he whispered, then straightened up to wave at the crowd, taking her hand once more.

Rogue: Rogue was blushing by the time he took her hand again. "Thank you, Tony. It's beautiful." She kissed his shoulder then felt composed enough to turn to the crowd as well, giving them a brilliant smile and slight wave. "Somethin' tells me they don't care one wit 'bout me, but more 'bout mah super sexy, all powerful, showman of a boyfriend."

Tony: "I'm just the ringmaster. Together we're the whole show." He flashed her a grin, then gave her hand a little tug to get her moving, turning toward a bank of shops across the plaza from the tower.

Rogue: "Y're a ham is what y' are." She grinned back, "An' Ah wouldn't have y' any other way." Rogue gave a glance over her shoulder at the fading tourists then turned to look where they were going. "Shoppin'? In gay Pair-ee? Y' spoil me, Tony."

Tony: "Shopping? Yes. We can do that too, and we're getting a personal tour of the tower, but first..." He led her toward a darkened storefront that lit up when he signaled a man at the door. It was a Build-a-Bear Workshop. In the window a bear hugged a miniature Eiffel Tower.

Rogue: "Oh... Mah... Goodness. Tony!" She lit up like a kid at Christmas and hugged his arm with her free hand. How something so mundane and every day could make her this happy, she didn't care. Build-a-Bear in Paris! "It's adorable!"

Tony: "Adorable, and American," he laughed, but took a moment to pause and kiss the top of her head as she hugged him. "I'm glad you like it. Honestly, relieved is more like it, but also glad. Let's go get stuffed."

Rogue: "Relieved?" She laughed and gave him a curious look. "Y' thought Ah'd hate this? Why?" The man opened the doors for them and Rogue's eyes turned to all of the options laid out before her.

Tony: "It could be construed as a little... infantile. But it's also adorable. So you never know." He flashed her a twitchy smile and he stepped inside with her, taking in the trays of deflated plushies.

Rogue: "Baby," she stopped and turned to him, putting both of her hands on his chest. Rogue made sure she had his eyes on hers before continuing, "Nothin' y' ever do f'r me will be considered 'infantile'. Everythin' y' do is from y' heart an' Ah know that." She lifted on her toes to kiss him softly. "An' Ah love this idea."

Tony: Tony paused, licking his lips as he met her eyes. Her words struck him quickly, but it took time for the meaning to sink in. He smiled. "Okay. I'm... glad to have a heart for you to see." He held her gaze and returned the kiss, quickly. "Now, go make one of those poor skinned animals into a real toy.”

Rogue: "Me too," she smiled then turned back to the limp forms. Another glance up at him, then she left his side and moved to the bins, running her hands slowly over every one of them, wanting to pick by touch as much as by sight. "Are y' gonna make one, too?" Rogue picked up a dog and looked into its eyes before deciding against it and moving on.

Tony: Tony looked at the curious crowd outside snapping pictures through the glass and gave them a quick smile and a peace sign, then considered her question. "I.... suppose I could." He followed her down the row of animals and inspected them, prodding a rabbit with one finger.

Rogue: Rogue grinned at his poking then followed his arm up to his face. "Y' could make one that makes y' think of me f'r when we're apart. An' Ah c'n do th' same." She picked up a dark brown bear with kind eyes and showed it to him. "Or, y' c'n think its 'infantile' an' let me do it by mahself. B'cause Ah couldn't care less what th' masses think o' me."

Tony: "Well, now I have to make one, don't I?" He shot her a smirk and went back to his perusal of the bins. "That's a great idea," he admitted, looking at the little stuffless skins with a new eye.

Rogue: "Ah do miss y' tons when y' in DC, ya know. That big house loses half o' th' life in it when y' gone." She held onto the bear she had picked, but kept looking them over, just in case. "It'd be nice t' have somethin' t' snuggle at night that reminds me o' you a bit."

Tony: He looked over at her, half in surprise. "You could always come to DC, you know. If you wanted to, that is." He picked up a cat with emerald green eyes and inspected it.

Rogue: Rogue looked up at him from under her lashes, "Would y' want me to?" She reached out to pet an owl. "Or would Ah just distract y' fr'm important stuff?"

Tony: "Sometimes a good distraction makes for a clearer mind afterward," he said, giving her a playful leer.

Rogue: The blush came back and she bit her lip to keep her smile from spreading too wide. "Ah give y' clarity, do Ah?" Rogue picked up a multi-colored unicorn and tossed it at him. "An' here Ah was thinkin' Ah muddled y' mind with feelin's."

Tony: "Muddled? No. Did I say that? I don't remember saying that." He caught the unicorn, thankful the sudden movement didn't activate the repulsor hidden in his cuff.

Rogue: "Y' didn't say that, no." She grinned and went back to looking in the bins. "But f'r a billionaire playboy, fallin' in love with one woman may make people think y' ain't thinkin' clearly."

Tony: "Or, maybe that I'm finally thinking clearly. My critics would say for the first time," he laughed, looking at the unicorn and flicking its flaccid horn.

Rogue: Rogue glanced back at him for a second, then back down to the bins, smiling the whole time. "An' what do you say?"

Tony: "I would say my critics can be ridiculously harsh. I'm only human, after all." He flashed her a grin and put the unicorn back, shaking the shell of the cat at her.

Rogue: "Harsh critics kinda come with th' job, though, sugah." She bopped his cat with her bear and stepped into him for a short kiss. "Y're smart. Y' knew what y' were gettin' into with them."

Tony: He happily returned the kiss, noting more flashes from the window. "Am I smart? I suppose so. A genius, some might say. And with all this genius, I have yet to figure out how to pay those critics off." Tony tsked and chuckled. "Ah well."

Rogue: "Maybe y' cain't buy 'em with money. They're not whores, Tony." Rogue laughed and shook her head. "Y're crazy. An' Ah love it." She kissed him again and then held up the bear again. "Ah think he's perfect. Maybe Ah'll draw a goatee on him'r somethin'."

Tony: Tony returned the kiss and then straightened up, sizing himself up to the bear. "Really? You think he looks like me? I'm not that short. In fact, I always hear that people expect me to be shorter." His head tilted. "I wonder why."

Rogue: "His fur is soft," she reached up to run a hand through his hair. "His eyes have a twinkle to them," her thumb brushed at the corner of his eye. "An' he looks like he's a good hugger." Rogue snuggled herself against him. "If y' want, though, Ah could try an' find a lifesize Tony doll. Ah think Beth has one."

Tony: Tony let his eyes fall closed at the petting and he looped an arm around her to pull her in for that hug. He groaned a little and then barked a laugh. "She does! I followed her Instagram. It's truly some inspired work she's doing there."

Rogue: She grinned at his amusement of what Beth was doing with the blow-up doll. "Who needs a flesh an' bone body double when y' got one made o' plastic an' air." Rogue looked up at him, her chin on his chest. "Y' happy with y' cat?"

Tony: “It contains just as much substance as the real thing,” he said with a laugh. Looking down at her big green eyes, he nodded. “Yes. The resemblance is remarkable. Don't you think?” Tony held the stuffie skin up by the scruff of the neck for her to see it.

Rogue: "Meow," Rogue whispered before bumping his chin with her nose. "Let's get t' stuffin' then. Do we wanna put sounds in 'em?"

Tony: "Sounds! I should have prepared for that." He pretended to think about it for a moment, then pulled back to reach inside his breast pocket, pulling out a small device. "Or maybe I did."

Rogue: Rogue's eyebrows rose at the sight of the palm sized speaker, "Do Ah get t' hear it now? Or do Ah hafta wait until Tony-Bear is all stuffed an' huggable?" Then she gave him a playfully suspicious look, "Or is that sound f'r y'r cat that shouldn't be heard by anyone but us?"

Tony: "No, it's for you." His head tipped sideways as he thought about that for a split second. "I think you can wait for the full effect, considering you've decided to make me in plush form."

Rogue: Her head tipped in a mirror to his, but her face was still suspicious. "Why don't y' put it in mah bear then, so Ah'm not tempted?" The employee gestured them over to the table with the hearts and Rogue glanced over, then back at Tony. "Did y' want a sound in y' cat?"

Tony: "Will do," he chuckled, then clucked his tongue. "I can hear you purr whenever I want," he said, leaning into her ear to keep his voice low.

Rogue: The rumble of his voice so close to her sent a shiver down her spine and she bit her lip to keep herself in check. "Ah'm at y' beck an' call, sugah," she murmured. Then she had an idea. "Do y' have a pen on y'?"

Tony: Surprised that was her reaction to his seduction, Tony blinked and straightened, reaching into that same breast pocket. "I do. Can I trust you with it? It is my favorite pen." He drew it out slowly, as if guarding it.

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes playfully. "Y' should never trust me with pens. Sometimes Ah break 'em. Sometimes Ah steal 'em. But Ah guess since it's y' favorite... Ah'll make an exception. Maybe." She reached for it as she went in for a lingering kiss because that wasn't her only reaction to his seduction.

Tony: He raised the pen out of reach and bent down to catch the kiss. "I suppose," he mumbled. "I suppose I can appreciate your honesty and accept my pen's fate..."

Rogue: "Ah promise it'll be fine," she whispered against his mouth. "Ah cain't snap it like a twig right now anyway." One more kiss, then she moved to the heart table, picked one, and started writing on it.

Tony: "Snapping like a twig shouldn't be arousing, should it? Yet, here we are..." He let her have the pen with a laugh and watched her scribble on the heart. Sauntering over with his cat, he picked up a pink heart and inspected it.

Rogue: "Y' just want me f'r mah power," she teased. Once she was finished with what she was doing, she held it up for him to see. Proof that Tony Stark has a heart. "Now at least mah bear will know, even if y' critics still don't believe it."

Tony: "I do love a powerful woman..." He tipped his head back to read it, then grinned. "Some would say I'm all heart. Or, a bleeding one at times." He took her hand and kissed the back of it, slipping the pen from her grip while he did it.

Rogue: The gesture seemed sweet until he took the pen as smoothly as a pickpocket and she laughed, then tsked him. "Don't trust me a bit, do y'?"

Tony: "You gave me advance warning," he laughed, tucking the pen away. Tony held the little pink heart between two fingers. "Do you approve of your heart as heartily I as do of mine?"

Rogue: "Ah do." She took his hand and pulled it close so she could kiss the heart. "It fell f' you after all, didn't it?"

Tony: "Only if I drop it," he said with a grin, then reached out to snag her for a quick kiss.

Rogue: Rogue gave a delighted squeak then pulled him by the collar for another, longer kiss. "Let's stuff mah cat, sugah."

Tony: Tony growled into the kiss. "The limo is right outside..."

Rogue: "Th' plush, Tony," she laughed. "That c'n come later. Soon, but still, later."

Rogue: Rogue lifted onto her toes to meet his ear with her lips. "Ah do still need mah birthday spankin's after all," she whispered.

Tony: "Indeed you do, you naughty birthday girl," he laughed, giving her a little shiver from her breath so close. "Let's get plushy then."

Rogue: His reaction made her smile and she kissed the back of his jaw before lowering herself to her heels. The attendant held out a hand for the first skin and Rogue looked back at Tony. "Sound?"

Tony: "Of course." He took the little recorder out with a flourish and gave it to the employee. "Now be careful with that. I may have made some improvements on your basic design."

Rogue: Rogue cut her eyes to Tony, suspicious again. "Y' did, did ya?" She looked at the employee, debating whether or not to press it to see what would happen. "Does it make th' bear dance? Or does it summon you t' me?"

Tony: "Both excellent ideas, but no. Really, the software was just too primitive for my tastes." He gave her a bright grin, stepping between her and the employee. "Stuff it," he told the kid.

Rogue: She stuck her tongue out at Tony. "How'd y' know what Ah was gonna do?" Rogue watched the bear start to form under the expert touch of the teenage worker. "When do Ah get t' hear it?"

Tony: "Because I know you," he reasoned, flipping the floppy cat in her direction. He moved back to her side, watching the worker fill the toy. "When it's done, of course." After a moment, he amended. "When we're alone."

Rogue: "Hmm... Now Ah'm extra curious." She caught the arm of the cat and used it to pull him closer to her. "Y' usin' it t' proposition me, sugah? All y' gotta do is tell me y' want it."

Tony: "Oh I do want it, as you already well know," he smirked, letting her reel him in. "But, amazingly - and part of me can't believe I'm saying this - not everything is about sex." With that, he leaned in and kissed her forehead, loudly.

Rogue: Well now she was really confused. And she let it show on her face. "But Ah hafta be alone with y' t' hear th' sound?" Rogue wrinkled her nose and laughed at the sound of the kiss before they were interrupted by the kid asking if the stuffing felt like the right density.

Tony: "Correct," he said with a nod and stepped aside to let her go squish her toy. "Now don't squish me too hard. Until later."

Rogue: Rogue smirked and gave his ass a gentle pinch as she stepped around him. Then she took the bear and gave him a hug. "He's perfect," her voice was for the employee, but her eyes were all for Tony. The bear was taken away to be sewn up and then it was time for the cat.

Tony: "Far from, but I'm glad to hear it," he said, a smirk fighting a smile on his face as he handed over the cat. "You know," he said, snapping out of the moment and looking from the teenager to the fluff stuffing machine. "I could offer a few suggestions for performance in... stuffing." His eyes slid back to Anna Marie.

Rogue: A blush rose up her cheeks and she bit her lip. "It's true, y' know," she looked down at the kid to try and get her face calm. "President Stark is very good at figurin' out ways to make sure peak performance is happenin'." But Rogue couldn't keep her eyes off of Tony for long, "Always."

Tony: Tony bit the corner of his lip to stop himself from laughing at her attempts to keep her composure. When she looked at him again, he winked. "Always," he agreed.

Rogue: She caught the tail end of the amusement on his face and she smacked him with her Tony bear. "Watch it, mister. Ah know how t' make y' squirm."

Tony: "I count on that," he laughed, ducking the swat. "Are you planning to leave me in my natural state or do I get to have some clothes?" The cat was presented to him for a squeeze and he decided it needed a thorough hug.

Rogue: "We'll see." She gave him a slow elevator style examination, blew a kiss at him, then walked over to the clothes for the bear. "Ah did kinda like th' eiffel tower in th' window. But maybe they have a musket'r somethin' instead."

Tony: He nodded to the kid and handed the toy back over, swaggering his way over to her when he spotted the elevator eyes. "A musket? Vive la révolution?"

Rogue: Rogue shrugged one shoulder, hugging the bear close as she perused the tiny suits. "Y' make weapons."
Tony: "I make lots of things," he defended with a sniff. Tony picked up a navy blue suit. "It's not bespoke Brunello Cucinelli, but it's a fair representation.”

Rogue: "Y' do make lots o' things. But Ah doubt they have Mark suits here," she kissed his pout and turned to look at the outfit he had picked up. Rogue cocked her head at it, then looked at her bear. "Maybe just the vest and tie. Ah think he'd lose some o' his huggability in th' jacket an' pants. Th' soft fluff gets pressed down, y' know?"

Tony: "I do hate when my fluff gets pressed," he said, running a hand through his artfully tousled hair. "Perhaps little me does need a little version of my special project." His eyes lit up. "A fully functional one..."

Rogue: Rogue turned slowly to look at him, waiting a moment while what he said processed in her own head and as she watched the blueprints be drawn behind his eyes. "Darlin'... Sugah... Baby... He ain't got a brain t' steer it. Or anythin' f'r that matter."

Tony: "Of course he has a brain. He has my brain!" His head cocked. "Well, not literally, of course, but still... it's an interesting exercise in synchronized autonomy..."

Rogue: "So.... Y'd connect y' suit with his suit? So when y're in y'rs, y' c'n make him move?" She couldn't decide if that was awesome or creepy.

Tony: "In theory, it should work." Tony's mind was made up that it was an awesome idea, although probably best kept theoretical. Not that he had to tell her that right now. It was more fun that way.

Rogue: "Should work doesn't mean y' should actually do it. 'Less o' course y' wantin' t' give me a heart attack on th' other side o' th' house?"

Tony: "You don't need a little me flying past your head? It does seem a little.... Chucky? I suppose?" Tony's plush cat was complete now and the teenager handed it over with a stutter and skedaddled. "I'm not intimidating," he called after him.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow and grinned. "Y' offered t' show him how t' stuff a cat better. Y' don't think that's a li'l ... filthy American? Poor kid's probably gonna either need therapy or wish he'd had someone else t' witness it so he don't sound dumb tellin' it t' his friends."

Tony: "I don't know that it holds the same meaning in French?" He was grinning. "And I am the filthy American, but I still put my nitinol pants on one leg at a time, as you well know."

Rogue: "Ah'm well aware." She stepped in close, bear between them. "Although, there was that one time y' tried t' jump int' them. Or were they tryin' t' jump you?"

Tony: "Six of one, half dozen of the other." He looked down at her, holding his cat up to meet her bear. "That design will not make it to Mark IV, suffice it to say."

Rogue: That made her laugh, "Is that right?" Rogue made her bear kiss his cat and then she rose up to kiss him, too. "Time f'r our babies t' get their birth certificates. Unless o' course y' wanna make mah mini-me not naked."

Tony: "Our babies, hopefully, would not be as hirsute..." He returned the kiss and rumbled against her lips. "I do love you and your kitty naked, but I suppose there are children present." If he counted the hiding teenager, that is.

Rogue: "Th' best we're gonna get t'gether is animals, stuffed or real, so yeah, they'll be pretty hairy." She caught his lips between her teeth gently. "Y' c'n see mah kitty naked later. When we're alone. After Ah've heard th' sound y've put in mah bear."

Tony: "Mmm." He wasn't called a genius for nothing, although his expertise was not in the medical field. Still. This thought train was derailed by her teeth. Tony made a strangled sound and angled his head, pulling her against him for a kiss instead of a tease.

Rogue: Her breath caught at the sound he made and happily let him mold her to his body for that kiss. For a moment, she forgot where they were. That they were practically in a fish tank surrounded by gawking humans. And then the flashes blinded her even through her closed eyelids. Rogue broke the kiss slowly and huffed her displeasure at the distraction. "Let's hurry this up an' get t' some privacy, hmm?"

Tony: Tony was used to ignoring those flashes when necessary, and accustomed to manipulating his public image whenever he the whim struck him. He broke the kiss and waved his stuffed cat at the window. "J'aime la chatte!"

Rogue: "Tony!" She laughed in spite of herself, kissed his cheek, then moved to the computers for the birth certificates. "Bearthony Stark? Anthony Beark? Tony Bear?" None of those sounded very good to her. "Maybe he doesn't need a last name."

Tony: "I don't know, Bearthony has a nice ring to it..." He went to the female clothing section and started hunting for something suitable for his cat. "They must be out of lingerie..."

Rogue: "Not appropriate f'r a kid's store, sugah." She turned in the chair to watch him. "What 'bout a sundress? Or some Daisy Dukes an' a button down she stole fr'm Bearthony over here, tied in a knot at her waist?"

Tony: "I'm not appropriate for a kid's store, but here we are." He perused the brightly patterned dresses and then decided he liked her idea, since they were running with this theme. "They have wigs, you know. I'm sure there's a custom market." He grabbed his own forelock and gave it a tug to indicate hers.

Rogue: Rogue tucked a strand of her white locks behind her ear and smiled. "Ah'm sure. Ah'm also sure it's probably been done already since Ah'm a public figure twice over now. We c'n check online, if y' really wanna give her mah mane?"

Tony: "Sure, that sounds like a good activity on the way to Rome." He threw the thought out there, then realized what he'd said. "That is if we were going to Rome.... which we are, but it was a surprise. So, surprise?"

Rogue: "Rome?" The bear nearly fell out of her lap when she tried to stand, but sat back down, unsure if her legs would hold her right at this second. "Rome. Y' takin' me t' Rome?! What? Why? When?" Rogue laughed and shook her head, "Ah'm surprised all right. France ain't enough?"

Tony: "And, um, London. I couldn't take a full week because apparently I have responsibilities, but I took enough time for a whirlwind tour of the greatest hits." She seemed to be having problems with her motor skills now and so he went over and sat down beside her.

Rogue: A smile spread over her face as she watched him, letting what he said sink in before trying to talk again. "Y' arranged all o' this f'r me? Ah don't even know what t' say. 'Thank you' doesn't seem like enough."

Tony: "Oh, you can thank me later," he smirked, reaching out to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear and trace her jaw with his thumb. "Of course I did it for you. I wanted your birthday, our first together, to be special. Memorable. Hit it outta the park, didn't I?" He grinned.

Rogue: "Outta th' park an' th' city, even." She leaned forward to give him a soft, lingering kiss. "Ah don't know what Ah did t' deserve you, but y' never cease t' amaze me, sugah."

Tony: "I think you've got that backwards," he smiled into the kiss and dragged it out as long as he could. "You are the most amazing woman I've ever met."

Rogue: Rogue flushed and smiled at him, eyes full of adoration and love. "Oh, Tony." She kissed him again then pulled back to look at him, bringing her hand up to his cheek. "Ah'm ready t' go. All Ah wanna do right now is be with you."

Tony: He brushed his thumb over her cheek and pulled her in for another soft kiss, loving the look in her eyes. "I'm all yours, Anna Marie." He stood, holding out a hand for her and tucking the cat and her clothes into the crook of his arm. "She doesn't need a birth certificate. I know her name, right?"

Rogue: "Y' do." She set her hand into his and stood, bear hugged to her using her free arm. "An' really, that's all that matters." Rogue smiled at him for a moment before finally looking away at the throng of people outside. "Maybe Ah should take off mah bracelet until we get in th' car? Just t' make people back up?"

Tony: "Nah. They'll back up." He tapped the hidden communicator in his lapel and outside the Secret Service began corralling the crowds of tourists. He called to the kid in the back room in French that they were ready to go, and added a thank you. He'd already handled the bill when he rented the entire store.

Rogue: Rogue listened to him speak in a tongue she'd not heard from a man she adored in a long time and she beamed. "Je t'aime, Tony."

Tony: Tony returned her bright grin and looked down at the bear in her arms. "I think it's safe for you to play that now."

Rogue: "Ah thought y' said we had t' be alone?" She gave him a confused look, then looked down at the bear. "We're surrounded by a mass o' people."

Tony: He looked around the empty store and then ducked his head to look outside at where security was clearing a path for them. "I don't think they're paying any attention to us now," he whispered, tone conspiratorial.

Rogue: Rogue's confused look shifted slightly to add a bit of her suspicious smirk back onto her face. "Okay, but if there's a hologram o' you naked that's gonna pop outta his hand, Ah'm gonna be mad that we're not alone alone." Another second of watching his eyes, then she pressed it. His voice spoke to her from the bear and she melted. "Le plus heureux des anniversaires, mon Anne Marie. Je t'aime toujours."

Rogue: "Ah love you, too, Tony. Always." She slid her hand from his so she could wrap it around his neck. "This is th' best birthday Ah've ever had. Thank you."

Tony: He watched the emotions play over her face, noting his own French pronunciation was perhaps a bit rusty. Oh well. She loved it anyway and that made him smile, moving to pull her in for a tight hug. "You're welcome. I'm happy that you're happy, sweetheart."

Rogue: She melted into the hug and breathed him in, closing her eyes and ignoring everything but the two of them. In Paris. For her birthday. After a moment, Rogue pulled back just enough to make eye contact with him. "You make me happy. Just by existin'. Ah hope y' know that. Ah don't need anything fancy. Just you."

Tony: "Just by existing, huh?" His smile spread into a bright grin. "That's a pretty low bar there. I think I can do better than that, but it's good to know. Keeps expectations low." He held her close, burying his nose in her hair and relishing the feel of her. "The most powerful, amazing woman I've ever met, and you're with me. I find that remarkable, and it makes me the happiest I've been in years. Maybe ever."

Rogue: Rogue was sure her heart couldn't swell anymore until he said that. "Ah'm so glad y' happy, Tony. It's been a long time since Ah've made anybody happy or even been happy mahself. There's no one else Ah'd rather be with right now." She closed her eyes and rested her cheek on his neck while he nuzzled her.

Rogue: "On mah side o things, though? Th' most powerful, handsome, an' awe-inspirin' man Ah've ever met, an' probably in th' world wants t' be with me. A runaway street rat who cain't even touch him without help fr'm a gadget."

Tony: "We're both lucky I'm so good with my hands then, huh?" He let her feel his grin and kissed her forehead, then angled his head down to brush their noses together. "So here we are, in love, in the city of love... let's go make some love in the limo. The tower will still be there waiting for us."

Rogue: "Makin' love t' you in th' city of love with th' tower as a backdrop is probably th' most perfect thing Ah could ever imagine." She touched their lips together with a barely there brush. "Ah want y' t' hold me f'rever, Tony." Rogue gave him a long, but light, kiss, and smiled at him. "To th' Stark-mobile?"

Tony: He broke the kiss and brushed noses with her once more, his fingers stroking her cheek. "I can do that, Anna Marie," he whispered. Straightening up, he tapped his lapel once more to signal security. "To the Stark-mobile," he agreed.